BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 8/3/22

Just now, oozy said:

Should have been at least two up.

Gally, especially, and JRC should have scored.

Added to Buckley hitting the post and JP's header, we have been dominant.

Buckley top class. The spell out was possibly the kick up the backside he needed.

Just worry about that sucker punch in the 2nd half,, considering we just cant score.

Yeah I feel another sucker punch coming like the Sheffield United game

It's funny though..  these don't look great..  yet 5 wins in a row and could make play offs.. this league is poor and if we had some goals up top we go up simple as that

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

This decision by Mowbray is even more insane than all those times he has played Gallagher on the right. The only way Giles is useful to us is on the left. Although, let's be honest, no-one is going to score anything he swings in, anyway. Hopeless.

He seems to think replicating the Diaz formula will work with Gallagher.

The slight issue with that is that it requires him to be an actual footballer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Miker said:

Absolutely mystifying...

Gallagher and Giles have been pretty ineffectual up front. Dolan and Vale to come on for me. I don't think we need both Pickering and Giles playing, either one or the other at LWB.

I think if one thing is guaranteed, Vale is just a bench warmer for this one.

Millwall look so average and the reality is we missed 2 absolute sitters (JRC and Gallagher), otherwise it would be game over. 

Giles on the right hand side is looking as baffling as we all predicted pre-match. 

Worst 45 mins I can ever remember from Gallagher, and there’s been some bad ones. 
A few occasions Buckley has turned his man, looked up and Gally is nowhere, whilst Giles is hogging the right touch line.

Dolan must be sat on the bench scratching his head, after a MOTM display in our last home game.

Van Hecke is the best player on the pitch. 

Criminal if we don’t take 3 points from this, they’ve had 1 touch in our box all half, no shots, and we’ve already missed clear cut chances. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Yeah I feel another sucker punch coming like the Sheffield United game

It's funny though..  these don't look great..  yet 5 wins in a row and could make play offs.. this league is poor and if we had some goals up top we go up simple as that

We do. Shame Tony didn't show some foresight in Jan.

• Like 1

Don't normally criticise Tony as much as the majority but very poor selection tonight.

Don't normally Gallagher but no excuses tonight, he's been awful and has been for awhile. Giving up on him after willing him to come good. Disappointing.

• Like 2

When AA was sold he was to be replaced in the summer.  Then in January. It’s blatantly obvious even with BBD we are missing up front. No different than 2 seasons ago when we were told defenders are coming and we had a makeshift back line with a 40 year old playing left back. Not bringing in an attacking option in January has train wrecked our season. 

• Like 1

Dominant performance apart from finishing, Millwall completely nullified.

Buckley, Rothwell, Travis all doing well. Wide attackers Giles and Gally not working, gaping void in front of goal most of the time. 
I would bring Vale on somehow, we need a breath of fresh air from somewhere.

Wow, how have Millwall won 5 on the spin

We should be 2 up.

Much, much better from Buckley.

Just don't see how we don't win this.

One goal will open the floodgates.

Just stuck a fiver on 3-0 at 37/1.

Takeaway's here!!!

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

How the hell we extended Gallagher's contract is beyond me. He has lost every attempt to win a header, has no first touch whatever and missed a good chance late in the first half. He is total sh1t

Because when we sell BBD and don’t replace him, Gally will be our only recognized forward. Recognized a incapable but recognized none the less 

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is Hedges on the bench? Easy change for me.

Hedges isn't a striker he's a winger. That said I'm not saying he won't score, it's just a poor do that we may have to rely on someone who isn't actually a striker when we're already struggling to score.

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Because when we sell BBD and don’t replace him, Gally will be our only recognized forward. Recognized a incapable but recognized none the less 

Spending £5m for him is still costing us. If we'd picked him up for £300k he'd probably have been moved on by now. As it is, he's a Venky investment that has to pay off at some point whether it's good for the club or not.

• Like 3

I was going to post that playing SG on the left wing is pointless, but realised I’ve posted that a billion times previously. At one point our ‘main goal threat’ Gallagher didn’t look up and crossed it into nobody. I think Tony would make a good 5-a-side manager. Maybe keep him as a coach. 

Just now, booth said:

Hedges isn't a striker he's a winger. That said I'm not saying he won't score, it's just a poor do that we may have to rely on someone who isn't actually a striker when we're already struggling to score.

This is a crazy idea but why not play him in the wing where we have non wingers playing?  

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Wow, how have Millwall won 5 on the spin

We should be 2 up.

Much, much better from Buckley.

Just don't see how we don't win this.

One goal will open the floodgates.

Just stuck a fiver on 3-0 at 37/1.

Takeaway's here!!!

We don’t win this because we have no one in the box and no one knows how to shoot.  

• Like 1