BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 8/3/22

27 minutes ago, superniko said:

Is Lenihan banned for this? He's on 10 yellows for the season. Buckley/Travis on 9 are 1 away from a 2 game ban and Rothwell on 8 should be safe.

Feels like a huge game in our season. Decent favourites whilst Sheff Utd play Boro and Luton play Coventry. A win versus Millwall and it will feel massive regardless of what happens elsewhere.

Doesn't mention it in the preview on the Rovers website.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, superniko said:

Is Lenihan banned for this? He's on 10 yellows for the season. Buckley/Travis on 9 are 1 away from a 2 game ban and Rothwell on 8 should be safe.

Feels like a huge game in our season. Decent favourites whilst Sheff Utd play Boro and Luton play Coventry. A win versus Millwall and it will feel massive regardless of what happens elsewhere.

I thought Lenihan was out but, somehow, Saturday's yellow was only his 9th. 

A tough Millwall side should tease at least a yellow from him tonight, and probably the same with Trav. 

I can't see how we can keep the back 3 without Lenihan, it will definitely give Bristol a boost. And Derby? 

The absence of Nyambe is killing us, I wonder if he would sign if we offer him more money? 

Anyone heard if Khadra recovered, TM said they would look at him today and decide? 

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, superniko said:

Lenihan is ok to play tonight. He is on nine yellows. Not sure if he can hold out until after the Bristol City game though.

Massive game tonight. It's a must win. A draw would be deflating.

• Like 3

I was confused about Lenihan's yellow cards as there are several sites supposedly keeping a record that have him on 10. But the Sky coverage on Saturday said it was his 9th. So sad old bloke that I am I checked and he has only had 9, given that he had two in the Forest game and served a 1 match ban for that.

Both Lenihan and Travis have been accumulating yellows at about 1 in every 4 games so I guess the odds are that 1 of them will pick up one either tonight or Saturday. Buckley is on 9 as well but he hasn't been playing recently.

Lenihan's last yellow was him being stupid.

Many years ago referees had their own personalities. I remember a bald headed chap that used to do some sort of jig on the centre spot before the teams lined up. The crowd loved it.

We are really going to have to buck some trends tonight. Millwall are looking good at the moment, just quietly going about their business, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them make the playoffs. They aren’t a side who like to have loads of possession, so our counterattacking game isn’t necessarily going to work… not that it has done lately anyway. 

We have yet to keep a clean sheet in any game where Nyambe hasn’t started this season. We need to break that record pretty sharpish, because if they score one I can’t see us getting 2 on recent form.

• Like 3

My prediction is a 1-1 draw.

I think we will fall behind in the first half, then spend ages dominating possession and eventually get back level but too late to go on and win the game.

In the end it will be hailed by some as a good point having rescued it from the jaws of defeat and not letting Millwall close the gap and the damage in terms of league position likely to be minimal given the other games tonight, but most sensible people know only a win will do here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Sorry If this has been answered earlier but is tonight's game a red button sky job or not?

Yep it is

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Is Dack going to be on't bench tonight?

He played yesterday in a behind closed doors game so I very highly doubt it. I'd put money on him being on the bench on Saturday though!

36 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

The consensus appears to be that we'll lose tonight, or at best scrape a point.  

In their last away game, against the mighty Ince's Reading, Millwall had 2 attempts on target, and scored once, a header from a set piece. 

I think we can win. 

If they are strong at set pieces, that's a problem for us.

1 hour ago, renrag said:

Would you also agree Tony that nowadays so many refs are ‘manufactured’ instead of when they refereed with a style which suited their personality? 

I do Jack. When I was coming through I looked up to the likes of Neil Midgeley, Joe Worrall and many others. They could all referee whilst imparting their character on the players and generally got a favourable response. Now there is a robotic feel about some and lots of them don't appear to have much empathy with the game.

46 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

The consensus appears to be that we'll lose tonight, or at best scrape a point.  

In their last away game, against the mighty Ince's Reading, Millwall had 2 attempts on target, and scored once, a header from a set piece. 

I think we can win. 

Odds against with the bookies shows how far we've fallen recently. 

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Completely forgot about James Brown. Why not throw him in? He is after all, a right back…

Why play someone in their correct position, when you can hammer a square peg into a round hole ?

• Like 4