BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 8/3/22

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I remember a truly brilliant Dolan cross for a Brereton goal earlier in the season so he has that in him and we know Giles was brought in for that reason, seems obvious!

But we know Gallagher doesn't win headers in the opposition box so it'd all be for naught. 

An opportunity to make up valuable points on teams around us. We need to win to keep Millwall at arms length after their good run. We also see Luton have a tough game at Coventry and Sheff Utd play Middlesbrough so points to be dropped there for the teams around us.

Also on Friday Huddersfield have a tricky game at West Brom.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

just wait til he has learned the mowbray way and gets a start in december. then you will see we have a cracking player on our hands

😄 Sounds like Tony's kind of plan. And by then we will DEFINITELY need a right-back so he'll be a perfect fit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

An opportunity to make up valuable points on teams around us. We need to win to keep Millwall at arms length after their good run. We also see Luton have a tough game at Coventry and Sheff Utd play Middlesbrough so points to be dropped there for the teams around us.

One positive about the rest of the season is that pretty much every weekend is going to throw up one of our play off rivals playing another. Luckily the closest we'll get to that (Bournemouth fixture aside) is tonight. Makes me much more relaxed about us finishing in the top 6. 

An obvious point, but now we've got that horrendous stretch of games behind us, it's absolutely vital that we cash in with this run before the international break. We'll need to go at around 2 points a game from now until the end of the season to even set Bournemouth a target, so you'd say a return of 9/10 points as a minimum is needed to keep us in the promotion conversation going into April.

Even if top 2 is completely unrealistic, that sort of return should really break the back of what we'll end up needing to finish in the top 6. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Spot on. None of this ‘it’s not a bad point’ b*llocks if it happens (or worse) tonight. We need to win.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Anything less than 8 points from the next 4 is a travesty, ideally 10 but 3 games in a week is gonna be very hard with our squad as is. These are the games we simply have to find a way to win, be it a fantastic 3-0 performance or a 1-0 after having one shot on goal. Gonna be a nervy one!

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

just wait til he has learned the mowbray way and gets a start in december. then you will see we have a cracking player on our hands

Literally from today's LT . 

Mowbray says that is down to the January signing from Aberdeen still learning what is asked of him in the Rovers set-up, but the manager believes opportunities aren’t far away for the 26-year-old attacker.

I would love to know what the hell is expected from our attackers given we haven't scored from open play in about 7 games. Utter clown Mowbray, buy players in January to help in March.

I cant think of any other manager who has this ridiculous stance about learning to play our way. If you have to train a player for two months for them even to get a chance then you sucked at evaluating the player in the first place. We needed players to help, whilst we are dropping like a stone through the table, but instead this ridiculous "learn our style of football". 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Mowbray says that is down to the January signing from Aberdeen still learning what is asked of him in the Rovers set-up, but the manager believes opportunities aren’t far away for the 26-year-old attacker.

I would love to know what the hell is expected from our attackers given we haven't scored from open play in about 7 games. Utter clown Mowbray, buy players in January to help in March.

I cant think of any other manager who has this ridiculous stance about learning to play our way. If you have to train a player for two months for them even to get a chance then you sucked at evaluating the player in the first place. We needed players to help, whilst we are dropping like a stone through the table, but instead this ridiculous "learn our style of football". 

I wouldn’t mind if we came across as a really well drilled super organised team that is sweeping all before it like a football machine. To be honest there are times when we look like a gang of lads who’ve just met up for a Sunday afternoon kick about after a Saturday night on the piss.  

10 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It was only 2-3 weeks ago that Hedges was "the best player in training". Chats some waffle does Mowbray. If he'd had his way, Harrison Reed would still be "learning what is asked of him in the Rovers set-up" instead of dominating midfields at Fulham.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It is Mowbray brainwashing fools into believing he has some special methods and plans and actually knows what he is doing.

Just part of the much larger Mowbray ego trip, also known as 'The Journey'

20 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody think Hedges worth a start ? If not why did we pay a fee to sign him ?

As we predicted the usual Mowbray article saying Hedges and Giles need to learn and understand how we play before theyre ready to start regularly. 

I love how they need to learn how a team that's scored 1 goal in 7 games plays before they're worth a start. Absolute muppet. 

Were shit at the moment, just play the available players in the positions that best suits them. Also even with the Injuries i cant bare to see JRC in the side.

Kaminski

Lenihan    Wharton   Van Hecke

Giles          Travis     Rothwell       Pickering

Dolan   Gallagher Hedges    

On 06/03/2022 at 13:36, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Buckley Travis Rothwell Pickering

Hedges Gallagher Giles

Subs: Pears, Rankin Costello, Johnson, Davenport, Dack, Khadra, Dolan

Keep the back 5, I would opt for Buckley at wing back over Rankin Costello I think. Bit of a change from the false 9 with Dolan and Khadra dropping out, I am not convinced by Gallagher central but I would try it with Giles on his natural side and also Hedges able to cut inside from the right. Hopefully Dack off the bench for 20 minutes.

Khadra and Dolan on the bench you don't support millwall do you. 

37 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

He’s terribly inconsistent with who needs to learn the way we play too. Didn’t matter with Zeefuik, didn’t matter with Elliott for the entirety of last season.

On 06/03/2022 at 08:22, arbitro said:

That's a good spot Jack and I have quickly checked all the other midweek fixtures and Eltringham isn't out anywhere else. Of course he could have closed the date but as a full time official I suspect that is unlikely.

Read into that what you will.

Brown bag only valid for that day.

• Backroom
11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think that is the only time that Dolan has crossed like that and Gallagher is hardly the ideal target to score from such chances to be fair.

With his style though he’s always going to have a better chance running at pace and crossing on his better foot rather than having to cut inside and slow down etc 

17 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

Khadra and Dolan on the bench you don't support millwall do you. 

I thought id suggest changing up a forward line that hasnt been scoring goals.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

With his style though he’s always going to have a better chance running at pace and crossing on his better foot rather than having to cut inside and slow down etc 

I dont think hes the type of player who focuses on crossing the ball no matter what he plays. Whether he plays right left or central he is always 100 miles an hour trying tricks etc. Sometimes causing defenders a real problem, but sometimes tricking himself and not yet causing enough genuine problems in the final third. Enough to work with though and hopefully that decision making will improve over time, not really at a stage yet where he is ready to start every game for a promotion chasing team but an asset to have around.

On 07/03/2022 at 04:19, JHRover said:

The fact that Bournemouth have 4 games in hand on Huddersfield and 3 games in hand on us tells us all we need to know about re-arranged fixtures.

I find it inexplicable that Rovers would agree to play the Millwall game at this point with the injury list we have, sandwiched by home games either side. We then have almost a month without a home game leading up to Blackpool. Kicking it down the road to April/May would have likely seen Brereton and Dack back available, Nyambe now too.

Our management team is just not that smart.  Winning matches is not the priority here.  Personal comfort zones are.  Nice cushy mid table championship gig.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody think Hedges worth a start ? If not why did we pay a fee to sign him ?

Mowbary said he was the best player in training and he is a striker and we are struggling for goals so no way Mobary picks him.  Not up front anyway.