BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 8/3/22

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A good striker will also anticipate potential chances which Gallagher doesnt really do. I dont think playing him central will lead to a significant improvement in his performances and I definitely dont think loads of crosses against big centre backs will be too fruitful as he is deceptively poor in the air. That being said, it would make sense to try him centrally just to try something slightly different.

That’s one of his major failings. He doesn’t gamble, but he only reacts.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Millwall and their fans will be seething after the ref called off the Ewood match and they're on a tremendous run of form - they will be well up for this one. If they win and win their match in hand, they overtake us. It's that tight at the top

Somehow we've got to find a way to score goals again and while the defence and Kaminski had a rare off day at Fulham I'd hope we'd be back to our usual tight defensive unit. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a 0-0. 

Just like we were for the game at Hull.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I've no idea why we re-arranged this fixture so quickly with all of our injuries. 

The other week Bournemouth against Forest was off because (suspiciously) there was structural damage. This will now be played on May 3rd when the promotion and playoff picture will be clearer. If we had done that then there is a really good chance Brereton would be fit and players free of potential suspensions. I'm convinced it was rearranged so quickly so Rovers could get the 'London Double Decker' out of the way in successive games as was the original offer. Can you imagine Waggotts view on refunding money given his stance on refunds for the BCD games?

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The other week Bournemouth against Forest was off because (suspiciously) there was structural damage. This will now be played on May 3rd when the promotion and playoff picture will be clearer. If we had done that then there is a really good chance Brereton would be fit and players free of potential suspensions. I'm convinced it was rearranged so quickly so Rovers could get the 'London Double Decker' out of the way in successive games as was the original offer. Can you imagine Waggotts view on refunding money given his stance on refunds for the BCD games?

Sounds wholly plausible.

Is this really a club geared up for the Premier League?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds wholly plausible.

Is this really a club geared up for the Premier League?

The real worry if this is correct is that nobody at Ewood would have even considered this. There are far to many 'fly by the seat of their pants' types down there now who simply don't see the bigger picture. I have said many times before that a few of the posters who I know on here could do a far better job than the current incumbents down there for a lot less money.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t like left footers playing on the right wing. You know what they’re going to do every time, cut back inside and swing a cross in that’s alway bending towards the goalkeeper and away from the strikers. I prefer the crosses that bend away from the keeper and towards the strikers.

Hope you don't watch Manchester City and Liverpool alot then given that's how they played and with success 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope you don't watch Manchester City and Liverpool alot then given that's how they played and with success 

Chaddy, they are world class players not Div 2 journeymen. Just because Arjen Robben could  cut inside and put a 20 yarder into the far top corner regularly it doesn’t mean that Giles can.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy, they are world class players not Div 2 journeymen. Just because Arjen Robben could  cut inside and put a 20 yarder into the far top corner regularly it doesn’t mean that Giles can.

Div 2? 

Most teams do it at all levels of football. 

Giles did fine and had a decent game against Fulham

The fact that Bournemouth have 4 games in hand on Huddersfield and 3 games in hand on us tells us all we need to know about re-arranged fixtures.

I find it inexplicable that Rovers would agree to play the Millwall game at this point with the injury list we have, sandwiched by home games either side. We then have almost a month without a home game leading up to Blackpool. Kicking it down the road to April/May would have likely seen Brereton and Dack back available, Nyambe now too.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Div 2? 

The second tier of English football, that’s were we’re at for the moment. Never mind banging the ball into the far top corner I’d be happy if the buggers could actually land a corner in the danger zone. They’ve got enough to aim at !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Not really a comment on our handling of the Millwall game, but I think that was literally the next midweek slot available for Bournemouth. God knows what they would've done if they hadn't been dumped out of the cup by that non-league side. 

I might end up looking stupid for saying this given their excellent recent form, but this could well be a deceptively decent time to play Millwall. They're doing it tough with their injury list at the moment, think they only had 14 or so fit first teamers against Reading. Obviously they still won, but then again Reading are also terrible and have the misfortune to be coached by probably the worst manager in the league. A midweek trip up North a couple of days later to play the team with give-or-take the best home record in the league is a very different prospect. If it was at their place I'd be dreading it but I still fancy us to beat them at Ewood. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think you have to play any postponed games at the earliest convenient date.

Bournemouth were already 2 or 3 games behind when there game against Forest was postponed, after looking at there fixtures all other midweeks were taken so i think May 3rd was the only free midweek left. 

15 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Hedges for Pickering and play Giles at LWB.

I like this plan, but we know he'll play Gally. 

Giles should play, but he won't want to shatter Pickering's confidence by leaving him out.

But yes, I'd be happy with either Gally or Hedges with Giles at wing-back...

• Like 1

Sounds like JRC will come in at right-back. Mowbray saying Zeefuik's injury was a strain rather than a tear. Should be back well before the end of the season at least. 

Khadra touch and go apparently too. With another game at the weekend & given that Millwall wouldn't be the sort of game that you would expect to suit him anyway, I'd leave him on the bench. 

A huge week of games for us. 3 back-to-back games that will surely define our season now. We should, on paper, win all 3. 

Millwall are on a scintillating run but we all know that they end somewhere and we do seem to be able to pull a result out of the bag when playing at Ewood this season. I can really see us turning up here but much will hinge on RB. JRC there definitely isn't the answer for me...maybe its time to throw Brown in at the deep-end...sink or swim, son!

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Div 2? 

At one point Giles let the ball slip under his right foot for a throw-in because of his lack of control and the angles of playing on that flank are different; he's one of the most one-footed players I've seen

Him playing on the right wing was classic Mowbray of square pegs in round holes and overthinking a problem that did not exist

• Like 1