BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 8/3/22

So Rovers with 1 win out of previous 5 matches versus Millwall with 5 wins out of 5. Hopefully we don’t get any snow before kick off!!!

This isn’t going to be the easy home match that many are predicting. It will be tough BUT….much will depend on the players available. 

Lenihan presumably suspended after reaching 10 yellows and Zeefuik injured. Will this mean a change in formation? JRC did enough yesterday to suggest he will play. EDIT only on 9 yellows apparently

Rothwell has to start if fit as should Gallagher as we need his height, preferably central. A recall too for Buckley? 

If Giles plays, it must be on the left surely to link up with Pickering.

Should be a decent crowd but not sure how many Millwall fans will relish another trip up north although didn’t I hear they would have free travel? 

The odd goal either way takes it but wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends 0-0.

The quiz question for this one is where will he stick Giles this time and will Khadra and Dolan make it past 65 mins.....

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The odd goal either way takes it but wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends 0-0.

The quiz question for this one is where will he stick Giles this time and will Khadra and Dolan make it past 65 mins.....

Looks like we have to fit Giles in somewhere. Given his complete lack of a right foot I suggest Right Back.

• Like 3

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Buckley Travis Rothwell Pickering

Hedges Gallagher Giles

Subs: Pears, Rankin Costello, Johnson, Davenport, Dack, Khadra, Dolan

Keep the back 5, I would opt for Buckley at wing back over Rankin Costello I think. Bit of a change from the false 9 with Dolan and Khadra dropping out, I am not convinced by Gallagher central but I would try it with Giles on his natural side and also Hedges able to cut inside from the right. Hopefully Dack off the bench for 20 minutes.

Every year a team always comes out of nowhere and grabs a play off spot after a late surge of form, I think this year that team is millwall..5 wins out of 5 and playing some good football coupled with some shithousery 

I think 1-0 either way,  who ever scores first wins 

6 minutes ago, renrag said:

A strange thing about the officials for this. Normally when a game is postponed/abandoned the same referee and assistants are appointed for the rearranged game. None of the four original officials have been appointed for Tuesday

That's a good spot Jack and I have quickly checked all the other midweek fixtures and Eltringham isn't out anywhere else. Of course he could have closed the date but as a full time official I suspect that is unlikely.

Read into that what you will.

Kaminski

Buckley   Travis    Rothwell   Pickering

Gallagher      Dolan        Giles 

Subs:- Pears JRC Johnson Khadra Hedges Davenport Brown

This game determines our season and how it pans out for the 11 remaining games. It’s a tough call and will be a single goal that takes the points - my last game following from overseas back to Blighty on Thursday 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿✈️🌞🌞

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

That's a good spot Jack and I have quickly checked all the other midweek fixtures and Eltringham isn't out anywhere else. Of course he could have closed the date but as a full time official I suspect that is unlikely.

Read into that what you will.

He was at Swansea yesterday so presumably he’s fit.

• Like 1

• K-Hod pinned this topic
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Buckley   Travis    Rothwell   Pickering

Gallagher      Dolan        Giles 

Subs:- Pears JRC Johnson Khadra Hedges Davenport Brown

I’d rather see what Hedges can offer. We know what Giles can or can’t do.

Millwall and their fans will be seething after the ref called off the Ewood match and they're on a tremendous run of form - they will be well up for this one. If they win and win their match in hand, they overtake us. It's that tight at the top

Somehow we've got to find a way to score goals again and while the defence and Kaminski had a rare off day at Fulham I'd hope we'd be back to our usual tight defensive unit. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a 0-0. 

Giles has been a disapointment so far, he always impressed me at Cardiff and we did need strength in depth at left wing back but with Pickering now back, he needs to play further forward. He is a creative player who can cross but unfortunately our only good forward got injured soon after his arrival.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Millwall and their fans will be seething after the ref called off the Ewood match and they're on a tremendous run of form - they will be well up for this one. If they win and win their match in hand, they overtake us. It's that tight at the top

Somehow we've got to find a way to score goals again and while the defence and Kaminski had a rare off day at Fulham I'd hope we'd be back to our usual tight defensive unit. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a 0-0. 

I'm still seething about it, I was fully expecting 3 points. Now who bloody knows?

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

we`ve stopped playing a fast tempo,running at defences and turning their players towards their own goal(defenders hate that),now we`ve started to play like last season,slow,slow and more slow,we hav`nt got a centre forward either to put the ball in the net a la armstrong,it`s no great mystery why we arn`t scoring goals,mowbray should go to tinkerers anonymous,he ***** up in the transfer window as well

• Like 1

Gallagher up front in the centre, please. We need some kind of presence there. Even when not playing well, it means their defence has something to keep them occupied and Giles has someone to aim toward. It might just need a ball falling off him that lands well for us to get a goal...and not many goals may be needed to win this one. 

24 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Gallagher up front in the centre, please. We need some kind of presence there. Even when not playing well, it means their defence has something to keep them occupied and Giles has someone to aim toward. It might just need a ball falling off him that lands well for us to get a goal...and not many goals may be needed to win this one. 

We never seem to play him there. Even against Fulham he was coming in off the left most of the time.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A reason why I was unsure as to whether to suggest Gallagher up front is that he isnt a physical presence and playing against 3 big centre backs, crossing balls in to him will not be a successful plan. Quick players and balls slipped through might be the way forward.

Like any striker he needs service. With the five at the back and Travis and Johnson in midfield it’s not happpening.

42 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

millwall have won all of their last five matches and are the form team of the league. This is not going to be an easy game and can see alot of  frustrated supporters come 10pm tuesday

I've no idea why we re-arranged this fixture so quickly with all of our injuries. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Like any striker he needs service. With the five at the back and Travis and Johnson in midfield it’s not happpening.

A good striker will also anticipate potential chances which Gallagher doesnt really do. I dont think playing him central will lead to a significant improvement in his performances and I definitely dont think loads of crosses against big centre backs will be too fruitful as he is deceptively poor in the air. That being said, it would make sense to try him centrally just to try something slightly different.

• Like 1