BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The needless angle of the post was the hypothetical deal of agreeing to lose all of the remaining 7 games when we are in 6th place, at least at the moment.

I get that no-one should WANT us to lose the next seven games. However the point is that it's highly likely we won't win another game this season under Mowbray if he stays anyway and that our play off hopes already appear excedingly thin.

Therefore if you accept that in reality our play off chances have gone, it's only natural that thoughts should turn to next season and beyond and for the long term health of the Club that involves Waggott, Mowbray and Venus being nowhere near it imo.

Mowbray should have gone after the Notts Forest home game imo to give us a chance of maintaining a play off push. Then again he should have gone at various points during each of the last three seasons when it was obvious he wasn't up to it.

Instead here we are three years on, another seventy million of the owners money down the pan with nothing to show for it and facing going into next season with half the team leaving for nothing in summer.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I remember Pearson, Warnock, the managers of Stoke, Preston, Forrest and Barnsley all touted, so that's six at least all considered to be a better bet than TM.  All are either below us in the league or have been fired.  

I have no idea who might replace TM - I just don't know enough about these things.

Hell, even Gareth Ainsworth would be a damn sight better than Mowbray.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The turning point was BBD's injury and Rothwell's head being turned.  We've looked poor since.

I agree that TM could have done more and I fancy a change this summer, but many of the names lauded here over the past two years have done little better, or indeed worse that TM.  So tread carefully.

Agree to disagree.

Rothwell has been fine - he's still doing all of the things that got him looked at by Bournemouth (he single handedly won the Cardiff game). The problem is a) teams are now man marking him and b) he doesn't have a Chilean international to get on the end of passes / drag players away.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Now that would be hand and glove imo

There won't be any compo though and this is Nixon the processor of more crap than the average sewage works. As this season peters to a close it'll be full on operation get Tony a new long term deal, just watch.

Compensation? Now you're just being greedy.

I'd drive him there myself - I'd swing by and pick up his family from Smoggy land too if required.

• Like 1

Wayne Rooney would be my choice. He has worked wonders at Derby under very difficult circumstances, behaved with dignity throughout and brought through a good number of youth players. He has also instilles a fighting spirit in the squad. But for the points deduction, they would be comfortably mid table, and here he would be starting with a nucleus of better players. The chance to play under Rooney might also persuade players like Lenighan, Rothwell and Nyambe to stay at the club. His persona would attract better calibre players and I think that his appointment might appeal to Balaji's liking for celebreties. An ex ManUtd and England star should be right up his street.

I can't see him staying at Derby if they go down, and I cannot see any premiership clubs wanting to take a punt-Everton maybe, but surely they will stick with Lampard unless they go down. 

Edited by pentelrobot
Spelling error
  • Like 5

I frequently attend games / discuss rovers with a very pro mowbray fan, fair to say we've had big disagreements about his ability and his future over the last few years.

Now around Xmas/new year time the assumption was that even someone like me (a mowbray critic) believes that he deserves a new contract. However my stance was always wait until the end of the season.

And look at us now, all we needed to do was revert back to a mid table side until the end of the season and we wouldve made the playoffs and then he would've had a strong case for a new contract. Weve gone at about 1 point a game in 2022 (relegation form) and baring a change in form we are dropping out the playoffs and could realistically finish 11th or 12th.

The only way he should stay now for me is if he wins the playoffs. 

The minute playoffs are gone I'd let him go / put him on gardening leave. 

• Like 4

This time last season some were convinced we were already in the middle of the long goodbye with him. Even more so a few months into the beginning of this season yet the remarkable little turnaround wobbled a lot of heads.

All we've actually seen is the inevitable return to type and all that's really happened is little spell of overachieving on the back of an all time embarrassing dubbing.

In the words of The Who i won't be fooled again.

Plenty will though.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

The man has a seriously low opinion of our supporters that much is evident. Doesn't even bother himself with a token clap to the away end, combine that with repeatedly insulting our intelligence and enough is enough. Mowbray out. 

• Like 3

If he had acquired a proven goal scorer as a back up he wouldn’t be in this position. With little money available an ageing one, a League one goal scorer or a really good loan could have made all the difference. 
He was relying too much on BBD and even if he hadn’t been injured it was unlikely he could have kept scoring at the rate he was. 
There are too few players in his squad who are capable of scoring more than one or two goals a season so another person who could score was essential. 
He was unlucky with Markanday getting injured but he was always a gamble. 

43 minutes ago, Songman said:

The man has a seriously low opinion of our supporters that much is evident. Doesn't even bother himself with a token clap to the away end, combine that with repeatedly insulting our intelligence and enough is enough. Mowbray out. 

Did exactly the same last time there were a few sort it out chants previously. Followed by a few meltdowns in the press after his tame media pals dared to ask an incy wincy non brown tongued question.

The guy is a giant slapped arse i just pray for once in a lifetime these lot get off their backsides and source out a new manager. I don't care if he's a tosser either as long as he gets the job done on the pitch.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, rigger said:

Where you outside at half-time ? It is more a case of putting, what I heard and what I saw and getting, tension. 

Sorry rigger, I thought you said that you didn't know what they were arguing about.  I wasn't there and, as you suggest, I'm none the wiser either.  Always been dicks following Rovers.

17 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Sorry rigger, I thought you said that you didn't know what they were arguing about.  I wasn't there and, as you suggest, I'm none the wiser either.  Always been dicks following Rovers.

No, what I said was that I could not definately say they were argueing about Mowbray. The same as I could not say they weren't. What I can say, is that tensions between fans is rising, whatever the cause.

Edited by rigger

This summer is gearing up to be horrendous. If we don’t go up we’re gonna need 2 RB’s, 2 CB’s, 3 CM’s, 1 Winger and 1 Striker. And that’s if Diaz stays. 

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’ll be gone. The question will be do we see any of the money ?

After the Armstrong and training ground money of course we will! 😉 

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A fracas will never be too away when form falls away under TM, as he has a sizeable constituency in the stands that will not have a word said against him…

Worshipped by most of the 'yoof' who follow the team home and away, understandable i suppose. Ironically though it's usually that vocal element who pipe up the 'Mowbray sort it out'.

So we can conclude it's ok for them to have a pop but nobody else.

• Like 1