Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

And our previous three managers too, obviously.

Select the cheapest most local and biggest yes men from that list and you'll have your nailed on candidates.

Then take the longest odds one off your shortened list and there we'll have our man.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Here is the HSH list…

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Sami Hyypia

Gregory Vignal

Tony Pulis

Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

Steve Cooper is no longer with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

There’s a player’s side to this too. If there’s a 0.1% chance you could be fit for Brazil in the Maracana you’d want your club to give you that chance right?

I see this as a win for us, 2 weeks of sun and rehab away from our famed fitness department. Chile want him to be fit, but know if they put him out there they’re playing with 10, because he just isn’t.

I take your point, but he'll get plenty of other opportunities. And if we really don't want him to go and he isn't going to miss any more games by not going, then surely the best thing for us and his fitness is for him to stay put.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

It will be one of Mark Venus, Damien Johnson, Nigel Adkins or Tony Pulis. If I'm correct on that - and I don't rate Mowbray as people well know - I would rather keep Mowbray than make a change.

The first two I think would be a disaster, Adkins would be similar at best and Pulis might be a slight improvement on results but would be horrific to watch.

All would be grateful for the job and would agree to work with the existing staff and structure.

If we are going to make a change there has to be ambition shown. But there won't be so there's no point.

I'd like nothing more than to be rid of Mowbray and his team and see a quality manager like Farke appointed but it just isn't going to happen here.

Without wanting to have a go at anyone, we have been told by some posters on here, that things are about to get better.

Any comments on this from those who have posted that and is the turn for the better, likely to mean we have a better managerial list and is a better future likely as a result?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

It will be one of Mark Venus, Damien Johnson, Nigel Adkins or Tony Pulis. If I'm correct on that - and I don't rate Mowbray as people well know - I would rather keep Mowbray than make a change.

The first two I think would be a disaster, Adkins would be similar at best and Pulis might be a slight improvement on results but would be horrific to watch.

All would be grateful for the job and would agree to work with the existing staff and structure.

If we are going to make a change there has to be ambition shown. But there won't be so there's no point.

I'd like nothing more than to be rid of Mowbray and his team and see a quality manager like Farke appointed but it just isn't going to happen here.

Pulis indicated on the radio the other day that he was no longer looking to manage a football club due to his age and the fact that managers of his era are not the type of football managers that clubs desire in this day and age.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Pulis indicated on the radio the other day that he was no longer looking to manage a football club due to his age and the fact that managers of his era are not the type of football managers that clubs desire in this day and age.

Good.

His ship sailed years ago and sadly someone like him would ruin what we have now.

If he was taking over after Coyle or someone it would have been fine then to try and mould his own squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

……but Venkys like hunting in Jurassic Park for new managers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

There’s a player’s side to this too. If there’s a 0.1% chance you could be fit for Brazil in the Maracana you’d want your club to give you that chance right?

I see this as a win for us, 2 weeks of sun and rehab away from our famed fitness department. Chile want him to be fit, but know if they put him out there they’re playing with 10, because he just isn’t.

Great shout! If you are a young professional footballer, in it for football before $$$ who wouldn't want to do that?

I've no idea what BBD's mindset is, obviously but he gives me the impression that he wants to achieve firstly and the money will come anyway.

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Here is the HSH list…

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Sami Hyypia

Gregory Vignal

Tony Pulis

Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

Bellamy would be interesting!! It would either be great or complete Armageddon😅

Maybe something akin to when Roy Kean first took over Sunderland , Kean was great in his first year, getting the team revved up and  super motivated as you'd expect from kean and promoted in his first season, but then I think his ego and old school bully boy style of man management got the better of him and things quickly went off the boil.

Honestly though, I'm sick of repeating my self but Mowbray is history and we need a change...

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Although I'm concerned that if Mowbray was sacked then his many many fanboys would take their frustrations out on whoever was brought in to replace him and just waiting for any excuse to get on their case.

A few wins and some success, Mowbray will be forgotten.

• Like 2