BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The club is powerless, if we tried to stop him aside from any player unhappiness we would be sanctioned and he would be banned for 10 days.

The aggravation and dismay at Mowbray this time is unwarranted.

Agree, if he was capable of walking he was always going to be called up , Brererton is a cash cow and morale booster now to the Chilean FA , If he plays or not

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The club is powerless, if we tried to stop him aside from any player unhappiness we would be sanctioned and he would be banned for 10 days.

The aggravation and dismay at Mowbray this time is unwarranted.

well take the ban then,he is`nt playing for 10 days anyway,chile obviously want him to play or they would`nt have bothered flying him over,i bet he plays against brazil,which will make mowbray and the club a complete laughing stock,cant see klopp letting salah go to egypt if he was injured and had`nt played for a month,he`d tell them to go and do one

16 minutes ago, JWU-Andy said:

I'm a bit late to this however the title of the thread is "MOWBRAY, THE SUMMER AND BEYOND" however after going to Reading and numerous other away games in 2022 there simply SHOULD NOT be a Mowbray at Blackburn Rovers in the summer or beyond.

Amen, I've genuinely been laughed at by all my Reading mates saying we're quite possibly the worst team theyve had at Madjeski for some time.

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Amen, I've genuinely been laughed at by all my Reading mates saying we're quite possibly the worst team theyve had at Madjeski for some time.

makes it even more baffling,how the **** are 6th in the league,is it some kind of sympathy from the football gods cos we`ve endured venkys for 10 years😅

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

That's actually incorrect.

Middlesbrough were 2nd on 31st December in the 2011-12 season, and finished 7th, only winning 6 of there last 23 games.

The season after was even worse, they were 3rd on 29th December and finished 16th, only winning only 3 of there last 21 games.

I'll let you work out who was in charge of them during that time. The bloke is a disaster and i'm just amazed more can't see it.

I can't work out whether to laugh or cry at that.

Unbelievable really.

On Brereton I find it to be an interesting insight into the machinations down at Brockhall.

The people from the Chilean FA have been to Brockhall, spoken to and assessed Brereton, and have deemed him fit enough or likely to be fit enough to take him to the other side of the world to play in games of critical importance to them 

They wouldn't do that unless they were confident he could contribute.

Yet if he wasn't involved with Chile I don't think there's any chance he would be back in the side for us for foreseeable future.

All very strange. I wonder if there is an eye on his transfer value and the benefit of Chile games to that.

• Like 2

All that Mr nice guy stuff...he's one of the biggest bullshitters we've ever had at this club.

i genuinly think he has good intentions,however he`s also got a massive ego when it comes to his own management ability,in reality he`s a poor coach,tactician (how many times has he been outwitted and done nothing) and man manager,this comes across when he`s sanctimonious to the press and fans,he sees us as uneducated football wise

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yes, sadly. A shell of a club owned and occupied by people in senior positions who shouldn't be there. It has been ever since late 2010. Mowbray and Waggott are the latest symptoms of a bigger problem. A pair of yes men punching above their weight by being at Rovers and who are only in it for their own ends.

We're being fed spin to give us false hope, to try and quieten any potential unrest, when in reality the owners and their yes men on the ground do not hold the same ambition for the club as the fans do. A total charade.

For years they have told us what they think we want to hear at a particular moment in time, just to placate us, only to change tack and show another side later on.

There are complaints about the pitch, so Waggott tells us about a fancy new stitch pitch which we can look forward to in the summer. Surprisingly it doesn't materialise. Spin.

Numerous issues are highlighted to Waggott at the Fans Forum meetings which he often bats away with "we'll look into it". Spin.

Rovers go down to L1 with fans understandably upset and angry. Mowbray comes out with "this is Blackburn Rovers, this club should be in the Premier League". His later comments show that he does not believe this to be true. Spin.

It's 2019, the fans are expecting us to kick on and Mowbray is bullish about making a real go of pushing for a play off place. When it doesn't happen, he switches the focus to us not being able to compete against clubs with parachute payments and us needing a massive budget to go up. Spin. Lies follow in response to fan and media questioning. "Tosin would cost £18m to sign". "Bauer wanted £40k a week".

Summer of 2021, Andy Bayes asks Mowbray "is the top 6 an aim for you this season". His response? He laughs, a 'give over' type of laugh, as if Bayes made a ridiculous suggestion. He then gives some waffle about him being a developmental coach and his job being to educate young players on football and to help them to become 'better humans'. I find the laughing response disrespectful to the fans and the club.

None of us expected the top 6 this season, true, but do you expect your manager to behave like that in public? Imagine if Moyes or Arteta were asked whether European football was a realistic aim for the season ahead and they laugh as if they've heard a ludicrous question.

Then the worst of the lot. The January just gone. Sat in 2nd. A chance to finally show us their ambition. The owners freeze, Mowbray ignores striking options and then proudly tells the LT why he was right to not to bring one in despite us not being able to buy a goal. You couldn't make this crap up.

Funny how Mowbray can go from "this is Blackburn Rovers" to "it isn't 1995 anymore" and "it's not as though the club was regularly challenging for the playoffs before I arrived" in such a short space of time. Snarling at anybody who even mildly questions him. Almost as though the mask is slipping and you're seeing the real Mowbray.

All that Mr nice guy stuff...he's one of the biggest bullshitters we've ever had at this club.

Yep! Absolutely spot on.

35 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yes, sadly. A shell of a club owned and occupied by people in senior positions who shouldn't be there. It has been ever since late 2010. Mowbray and Waggott are the latest symptoms of a bigger problem. A pair of yes men punching above their weight by being at Rovers and who are only in it for their own ends.

We're being fed spin to give us false hope, to try and quieten any potential unrest, when in reality the owners and their yes men on the ground do not hold the same ambition for the club as the fans do. A total charade.

For years they have told us what they think we want to hear at a particular moment in time, just to placate us, only to change tack and show another side later on.

There are complaints about the pitch, so Waggott tells us about a fancy new stitch pitch which we can look forward to in the summer. Surprisingly it doesn't materialise. Spin.

Numerous issues are highlighted to Waggott at the Fans Forum meetings which he often bats away with "we'll look into it". Spin.

Rovers go down to L1 with fans understandably upset and angry. Mowbray comes out with "this is Blackburn Rovers, this club should be in the Premier League". His later comments show that he does not believe this to be true. Spin.

It's 2019, the fans are expecting us to kick on and Mowbray is bullish about making a real go of pushing for a play off place. When it doesn't happen, he switches the focus to us not being able to compete against clubs with parachute payments and us needing a massive budget to go up. Spin. Lies follow in response to fan and media questioning. "Tosin would cost £18m to sign". "Bauer wanted £40k a week".

Summer of 2021, Andy Bayes asks Mowbray "is the top 6 an aim for you this season". His response? He laughs, a 'give over' type of laugh, as if Bayes made a ridiculous suggestion. He then gives some waffle about him being a developmental coach and his job being to educate young players on football and to help them to become 'better humans'. I find the laughing response disrespectful to the fans and the club.

None of us expected the top 6 this season, true, but do you expect your manager to behave like that in public? Imagine if Moyes or Arteta were asked whether European football was a realistic aim for the season ahead and they laugh as if they've heard a ludicrous question.

Then the worst of the lot. The January just gone. Sat in 2nd. A chance to finally show us their ambition. The owners freeze, Mowbray ignores striking options and then proudly tells the LT why he was right to not to bring one in despite us not being able to buy a goal. You couldn't make this crap up.

Funny how Mowbray can go from "this is Blackburn Rovers" to "it isn't 1995 anymore" and "it's not as though the club was regularly challenging for the playoffs before I arrived" in such a short space of time. Snarling at anybody who even mildly questions him. Almost as though the mask is slipping and you're seeing the real Mowbray.

I think you've nailed it and I agree. I don't think there's any malice in Mowbray I just don't think he's anywhere close to being as good or clever as he thinks he is. Never has been never will be.

Waggott is just a face and voice to do the dirty jobs Pasha can't do from the shadows - keeping the authorities and fans on side.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

On Brereton I find it to be an interesting insight into the machinations down at Brockhall.

The people from the Chilean FA have been to Brockhall, spoken to and assessed Brereton, and have deemed him fit enough or likely to be fit enough to take him to the other side of the world to play in games of critical importance to them 

Yet if he wasn't involved with Chile I don't think there's any chance he would be back in the side for us for foreseeable future.

All very strange. I wonder if there is an eye on his transfer value and the benefit of Chile games to that.

Whilst he may get an appearance for Chile in one or more of their WC games I will be somewhat surprised if he appears in a Rovers shirt again.

Asset protection.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Spot on. Totally agree and with the highlighted I always have believed that and have never been seduced by these conmen.

They can deck off and go to hell in a handcart..... but they won't.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

its the BBD effect on the team, he is that well thought of it might just give the team a boost just being there! Rovers would be barred from playing him for 10 days if he wasnt allowed to travel so their hands are tied.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

I don't think that's anywhere near the truth to be fair JH.

They don't deem him fit enough, they're desperate for results and are giving him to the last minute to prove it. From my understanding we're still weeks away from him playing for us, even the Coventry game will be too soon.

If he doesn’t play a minute it is an even more ridiculous decision to call him up. Instead of completing  his rehab at Brockhall, he’ll spend two weeks on planes half way across the world, in hotels and on team buses?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

If he doesn’t play a minute it is an even more ridiculous decision to call him up. Instead of finishing his recovery, he’ll spend two weeks on planes half way across the world, in hotels and on team buses?

Gets two weeks of sun though 😉

25 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I don't think that's anywhere near the truth to be fair JH.

They don't deem him fit enough, they're desperate for results and are giving him to the last minute to prove it. From my understanding we're still weeks away from him playing for us, even the Coventry game will be too soon.

I'm no conspiracy theorist... But in which case, why wouldn't we just say he can't go? He'd only be banned for a game or two he was going to miss anyway.

34 minutes ago, XLM said:

I'm no conspiracy theorist... But in which case, why wouldn't we just say he can't go? He'd only be banned for a game or two he was going to miss anyway.

There’s a player’s side to this too. If there’s a 0.1% chance you could be fit for Brazil in the Maracana you’d want your club to give you that chance right?

I see this as a win for us, 2 weeks of sun and rehab away from our famed fitness department. Chile want him to be fit, but know if they put him out there they’re playing with 10, because he just isn’t.

It will be one of Mark Venus, Damien Johnson, Nigel Adkins or Tony Pulis. If I'm correct on that - and I don't rate Mowbray as people well know - I would rather keep Mowbray than make a change.

The first two I think would be a disaster, Adkins would be similar at best and Pulis might be a slight improvement on results but would be horrific to watch.

All would be grateful for the job and would agree to work with the existing staff and structure.

If we are going to make a change there has to be ambition shown. But there won't be so there's no point.

I'd like nothing more than to be rid of Mowbray and his team and see a quality manager like Farke appointed but it just isn't going to happen here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It will be one of Mark Venus, Damien Johnson, Nigel Adkins or Tony Pulis. If I'm correct on that - and I don't rate Mowbray as people well know - I would rather keep Mowbray than make a change.

The first two I think would be a disaster, Adkins would be similar at best and Pulis might be a slight improvement on results but would be horrific to watch.

All would be grateful for the job and would agree to work with the existing staff and structure.

If we are going to make a change there has to be ambition shown. But there won't be so there's no point.

I'd like nothing more than to be rid of Mowbray and his team and see a quality manager like Farke appointed but it just isn't going to happen here.

Agreed. Only time we did appoint a manager and backroom team that built excitement was when they sacked all of Bowyers lot and let Lambert come in with Irvine etc. Unfortunately that didn't turn out well for us (or Lambert in the end), but think that made Venky's mind up that they needed a yes man as it wasn't good for them having Lambert slate them every week since he got here pretty much. 

Here is the HSH list…

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Sami Hyypia

Gregory Vignal

Tony Pulis

Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

And our previous three managers too, obviously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Here is the HSH list…

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Sami Hyypia

Gregory Vignal

Tony Pulis

Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

Rob Edwards could be interesting with a DoF in place. Young manager doing well in League Two with a small budget. But other than there's very little to even slightly inspire here.

21 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Here is the HSH list…

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Sami Hyypia

Gregory Vignal

Tony Pulis

Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

Looks like Pulis then!