BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

10 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The turning point was BBD's injury and Rothwell's head being turned.  We've looked poor since.

I agree that TM could have done more and I fancy a change this summer, but many of the names lauded here over the past two years have done little better, or indeed worse that TM.  So tread carefully.

I hear what you are saying but I am extremely tired of the repeated lack of fire, enthusiasm and inspiration from a man who constantly absolves himself of any responsibility. He's an absolute lemon drizzle twat. 

I would much prefer to try and fail than to perpetuate this death by a thousand cuts under this gutless twonk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I kinda hope in true Venky’s style that they play silly buggers with his visit to India, so out of contract, TM takes matters into his own hands and clears off elsewhere.

It’s one contract that they have run down and risk losing him for free, that may well turn out to be a blessing.

Will Mowbray even go to India if we don't get top 6 place? 

I'm not sold on one candidate or a couple of candidates thinking they are right manager to move us forward, improve us, playing the football I think we should be playing at this level to replace Mowbray, But I know I wouldn't who want to see in the Blackburn Rovers dugout. 

Lets be honest now if he said he'd had enough tomorrow and left for his own reasons what would really change between now and the end of the season ?

Would it really be much different, would we have ourselves a better chance of a big final push ?   Would we implode completely and the season end in disarray and doom ?

Or would we likely as not just bumble on like we are now winning the odd one, losing and drawing 0-0 ?

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Lets be honest now if he said he'd had enough tomorrow and left for his own reasons what would really change between now and the end of the season ?

Would it really be much different, would we have ourselves a better chance of a big final push ?   Would we implode completely and the season end in disarray and doom ?

Or would we likely as not just bumble on like we are now winning the odd one, losing and drawing 0-0 ?

As Ben has just said on another thread, I think it would help us and we’d get a bounce due to the players being relieved he’d gone.  Mowbray has become a hindrance. 
The first half on Tuesday and the whole match yesterday were the living embodiment of disarray.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who are these many names that has been lauded over? 

Who would you like to see?

I remember Pearson, Warnock, the managers of Stoke, Preston, Forrest and Barnsley all touted, so that's six at least all considered to be a better bet than TM.  All are either below us in the league or have been fired.  

I have no idea who might replace TM - I just don't know enough about these things.

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We have nothing to lose now, unlike in early January, when we were so handily placed.

Even if they told Mowbray to stay at home and made one of the players, player manager for 7 games, would it matter if we lost them all?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I remember Pearson, Warnock, the managers of Stoke, Preston, Forrest and Barnsley all touted, so that's six at least all considered to be a better bet than TM.  All are either below us in the league or have been fired.  

I have no idea who might replace TM - I just don't know enough about these things.

Fair enough. I wouldn't want most of those managers. We need someone who will bring fresh ideas, play on the front foot, press from the front, good tactically, modern training coaching methods. Someone like Neil Critchley from Blackpool would be ideal but given he has 4 years left on his contract I don't see leaving there. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I would presume he will be.

Nyambe last signed a deal as a 21 year old academy grad. Whilst Pears was signed as a senior professional on a four year deal (and that’s without even going into the Boro/family links).

But isn't Duff saying that Pears would be on more than Nyambe even if he signed his new deal??

If that is true that is absolutely mental. 

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough. I wouldn't want most of those managers. We need someone who will bring fresh ideas, play on the front foot, press from the front, good tactically, modern training coaching methods. Someone like Neil Critchley from Blackpool would be ideal but given he has 4 years left on his contract I don't see leaving there. 

would be a good appointment,i think he`d come here,it`s a step up in his career,i don`t hold much hope for such a move though

18 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

But isn't Duff saying that Pears would be on more than Nyambe even if he signed his new deal??

If that is true that is absolutely mental. 

Sorry, misread his post. 

No idea on the new offer, but if so, all this from the resident ITkers about ‘competitive offers’, ‘greedy agents’ will be another example of their gullible-ness post a few custard creams in Swag’s office…

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The needless angle of the post was the hypothetical deal of agreeing to lose all of the remaining 7 games when we are in 6th place, at least at the moment.

Did you go yesterday ? We did not deserve to be in the play-offs after that performance.

• Like 2