BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

On 17/03/2022 at 20:29, J*B said:

No worries, here we go:

1) We sign who we can afford to sign, the club was decimated financially because of COVID resulting in the owners having to buy the training ground off the club they already own. This club loses money every single day and therefore FFP restricts that. Arguably a strong CEO would find ways of generating more money to help this, ours seems to struggle.

2) We go on a bad run because the manager is poor. It happens every year, repetitivenesses cannot be attributed to anything but poor leadership decisions.

3) We play Johnson upfront because the manager has limited options and thinks it’s the best option. It isn’t the best option, as it was proved. Ignore all of the “I’m happy with my team”, he isn’t, if he was allowed to replace Gallagher he would have done, but he can’t say that. 

4) If you believe the club is a basket case, how on Earth can you sit in the posh lounges at Ewood on match day making Twitter videos with club management with a straight face? There’s a reason they don’t let the likes of Kamy and Glen Mullan swan around in there… and it’s not because they can’t afford it!

"how on Earth can you sit in the posh lounges at Ewood on match day making Twitter videos with club management with a straight face? There’s a reason they don’t let the likes of Kamy and Glen Mullan swan around in there… and it’s not because they can’t afford it!"

1. I've previously been a "Riversider" for 49 years...my move to Jack's Kitchen was a point of necessity at the start of this season due to my disability.

2. I don't do, never have, nor have any intentions to do Twitter or anything of that ilk. (with or without a straight face)

3. I've called you, Kamy and the rest of your bunch out (not Glen) for reasons that you will be familiar.

Leave it there eh?!

37 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

"how on Earth can you sit in the posh lounges at Ewood on match day making Twitter videos with club management with a straight face? There’s a reason they don’t let the likes of Kamy and Glen Mullan swan around in there… and it’s not because they can’t afford it!"

1. I've previously been a "Riversider" for 49 years...my move to Jack's Kitchen was a point of necessity at the start of this season due to my disability.

2. I don't do, never have, nor have any intentions to do Twitter or anything of that ilk. (with or without a straight face)

3. I've called you, Kamy and the rest of your bunch out (not Glen) for reasons that you will be familiar.

Leave it there eh?!

You should speak to Yasir about point 2, he’s posting videos of you on Twitter and you certainly don’t have a straight face on them!

26 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

You need to take your tinfoil hat off and look outside mate. We're in the play off spots.

We're in the playoffs? We are in a play off position.  The way we've played that might not last. Does this offset a decade of mismanagement? I'm sure u are a venkys plant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

You should speak to Yasir about point 2, he’s posting videos of you on Twitter and you certainly don’t have a straight face on them!

I wouldn't know, nor do I care tbh.

At least I can lie straight in bed with a clear conscience pal, and the thought I'm genuinely trying to do something positive for the club without any ulterior motive, eh?!

9 hours ago, FortressEwood said:

You need to take your tinfoil hat off and look outside mate. We're in the play off spots.

Hat will come off and be eaten if we are still there at the end of the season with the gurning buffoon in charge 😉

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

See now when i mentioned something about signing on fees a few weeks back you jumped in and said Rovers don't do that now 🙄

And if you read it I didnt say Rovers pay a signing on fee, its a given that free transfers often atrtact a bigger signing on fee, as I understand Rovers do theirs over the period of a contract under the guise of a loyalty fee.

14 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Welcome to the 21st Century . 

Late 70s and 80s pissed up "youths" im sure were seen as  intimidating  as they they jumped out of their tranny vans...

Football violence now is nothing like it was back then...so lets not make out like  its something new...away followings have always had that edge.

And im 54 btw.

I beat you by 1! Back in the day we travelled the length and breadth by tranny van, we never took drugs, had a couple of cans of cider and conducted ourselves in a proper manner, these days this scum take cocaine, heroin, drink JD and think they are hard as nails. Trouble is they are not, they bring shame on our club and besmirch the good name of our club, colours and genuine fans.

10 hours ago, 47er said:

Why can't you tell me?

You've been sworn to secrecy but if I go along to Ewood the powers that be will tell me anyway?!! 

Is that a correct interpretation? Its only my own inactivity that prevents me from finding out what the grand plans are?

If 10000 supporters individually make an appointment with Waggot, then he will reveal the exciting future 10000 times while telling each supporter to keep it to themselves!

You're having a laugh or you've been conned.

I am not sworn to secrecy, I choose to say what I say and I choose to tell who I want and therefore I choose what to keep to myself.

The point I am making is this.

You and many more have your views that are based on views of others comments, speculation, utter tripe and downright lies. So I am suggesting to counteract this and to give you a more and better balanced of your views, take your personal knowledge and evidence, concerns and views to Ewood and have a discussion. Only then will you be able to glean what is right, what is wrong, what is going on, what isn't going on and get an element of truth from the discussion. It will make it easy for you to dispel rumour, myth and truth and lies.

There are others like me who have done this and have seen what is happening, what the reality is, what the plans are and how the club sees the future. Now don't get me wrong, I am just not that stupid to think that if 10k fans make an appointment they will get one. However what I am sure of, is that if you contact him he will respond be it in a phone call or a face to face meeting over a coffee.

The picture so many paste of Waggot without ever having met him or talked to him is quite wrong. So that's my suggestion.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Your pals may have conducted themselves in a ‘proper manner’… plenty more didn’t.

Oh I agree and from a decency point of view, being brought up hating townies, we had our fair share of lads who could look after themselves and then some. We never had to resort to taking cocaine, getting lashed on spirits, abusing our own fans as well as the opposition before legging it off at the first sign of violence😀 This is todays element!

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I beat you by 1! Back in the day we travelled the length and breadth by tranny van, we never took drugs, had a couple of cans of cider and conducted ourselves in a proper manner, these days this scum take cocaine, heroin, drink JD and think they are hard as nails. Trouble is they are not, they bring shame on our club and besmirch the good name of our club, colours and genuine fans.

🤣 🤣

What utter garbage........Cocaine maybe, but not heroin 1864? - Made me laugh out loud that one. 

Back in 70's I know a bloke who used to take a sword to games, he was part of a large group from Little Harwood area of Blackburn, Bangor Street. Thats a rather extreme example but puts anything you've said above into context.

That doesn't take anything away from fans having days out spoilt by this new breed, but its hardly anything new, its been going on for 50yrs+

• Like 6

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am not sworn to secrecy, I choose to say what I say and I choose to tell who I want and therefore I choose what to keep to myself.

But the slight problem with this is that on various occasions you have stated time has been the issue in relation to disclosing more information. 

i.e. I need to keep this under my hat for a while, and then depending on how it develops, I'll tell you all more.

Which is perfectly reasonable....... until you're banging the same drum some 6 months later..... having shared the squate route of sod all.

Then, credibility takes a nosedive, and it starts to look suspiciously like something else. 

On 27/09/2021 at 13:47, 1864roverite said:

For what it is worth, I have chosen to share some of what I have learned on a private basis only. Some of it is confidential, some of it is corroborated by other people/sources and information that is out there and I must be clear that in the very near future I will again be in a position where I will be able to at least gauge and give an opinion on the information I was provided with.

In addition, lets wait and see just how this pans out. It will prove one of two things, it was spot on or it was a complete fabrication or manipulation. Based on that, my perspective, and I reiterate, perspective of a concerned supporter, is that it wont be the latter.

So, can you gauge and give an opinion on the information you were provided, and how it all panned out? 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

And if you read it I didnt say Rovers pay a signing on fee, its a given that free transfers often atrtact a bigger signing on fee, as I understand Rovers do theirs over the period of a contract under the guise of a loyalty fee.

I did and i know exactly what you said which contradicts what you said about signing Hedges now to save money....on a signing on fee if he was free !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

🤣 🤣

What utter garbage........Cocaine maybe, but not heroin 1864? - Made me laugh out loud that one. 

Back in 70's I know a bloke who used to take a sword to games, he was part of a large group from Little Harwood area of Blackburn, Bangor Street. Thats a rather extreme example but puts anything you've said above into context.

That doesn't take anything away from fans having days out spoilt by this new breed, but its hardly anything new, its been going on for 50yrs+

Utter garbage? Havinf detained and arrested 2 for such offences I beg to differ! Furthermore also detained 1 for supplying at Bolton v rovers and there is your evidence of heroine abuse by some of the clowns

42 minutes ago, Silas said:

But the slight problem with this is that on various occasions you have stated time has been the issue in relation to disclosing more information. 

i.e. I need to keep this under my hat for a while, and then depending on how it develops, I'll tell you all more.

Which is perfectly reasonable....... until you're banging the same drum some 6 months later..... having shared the squate route of sod all.

Then, credibility takes a nosedive, and it starts to look suspiciously like something else. 

So, can you gauge and give an opinion on the information you were provided, and how it all panned out? 🤔

I have gauged my views in what I was told and what I have seen and weighed up the info I had possession of and the info I have been given and I would say it’s very clear there is a very good future ahead for our club across all aspects of football. Whether you or others agree is up to you and them

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Utter garbage? Havinf detained and arrested 2 for such offences I beg to differ! Furthermore also detained 1 for supplying at Bolton v rovers and there is your evidence of heroine abuse by some of the clowns

I don’t believe you I’m afraid.

Not wanting to turn this into a lesson on substance abuse, but you clearly need one. Heroin is an opioid, a downer, where as cocaine is a stimulant, an upper.

If these lads are taking heroin at games they’d be mellowed out in a corner, not bouncing around the place like zebedee.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

What i'd like to see is @Miller11invite Mr Waggott onto Rovers radio, and allow me the opportunity to ask unscreened questions, so everyone can gauge for themselves, where we where, we are are and where we are heading.

If he is a straight talking, no nonsence type of guy, I cannot see how he would have a problem with this?

We have a manager out of contract in the matter of weeks, players out of contract, thousands upon thousands of lost supporters and no real effort to get them to return.

The match day expereience is no different now than it was during the previous regimes.

We still have the community trust doing the wonderful things they've always done, and are a beacon of light to all.

Prior to Mr Waggott,

We had:

Free tickets for schools, community clubs, disadvantaged children. I personally worked with children services to take a number of disadvantaged children to games.

We had the rovers zone on match days, with lots of different acts weekly, we still have this but less acts.

We had open forums covered by local media.

We had players contracts sorted in good time.

We had match offers, season ticket offers , and incentives to try and get people in the stadium.

We had some pretty good marketing campaigns especially during the Alan Myers period.

The club was engaging with all spectrums within the community and working with the council, I know as i attended these meetings .

They were supporting things like Derian House, East Lancashire hospice and giving them advertising space to raise awareness.

We had the legends match, full engagement with the former players association and events which brought back former players and celebrated success. The premier league winning dinner for example.

Crowds were actually higher also.

Many of these things we still do, but are certainly not as a result of the current administration.

If it was not for the academy which Jack Walker set up, then squad wise we'd be in serious trouble given the majority have come through the ranks, given the pitiful investment into external signings, and given we continue to sell our better players, with the money not reinvested into the playing squad.

I know Duncan would do that tomorrow, but not a chance Waggott. Despite some posters suggesting otherwise, he would be out of his depths and frightened to death.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

What i'd like to see is @Miller11invite Mr Waggott onto Rovers radio, and allow me the opportunity to ask unscreened questions, so everyone can gauge for themselves, where we where, where we are and where we are heading.

If he is a straight talking, no nonsence type of guy, I cannot see how he would have a problem with this?

We have a manager out of contract in the matter of weeks, players out of contract, thousands upon thousands of lost supporters and no real effort to get them to return.

The match day expereience is no different now than it was during the previous regimes.

We still have the community trust doing the wonderful things they've always done, and are a beacon of light to all.

Prior to Mr Waggott,

We had:

Free tickets for schools, community clubs, disadvantaged children. I personally worked with children services to take a number of disadvantaged children to games.

We had the rovers zone on match days, with lots of different acts weekly, we still have this but less acts.

We had open forums covered by local media.

We had players contracts sorted in good time.

We had match offers, season ticket offers , and incentives to try and get people in the stadium.

We had some pretty good marketing campaigns especially during the Alan Myers period.

The club was engaging with all spectrums within the community and working with the council, I know as i attended these meetings .

They were supporting things like Derian House, East Lancashire hospice and giving them advertising space to raise awareness.

We had the legends match, full engagement with the former players association and events which brought back former players and celebrated success. The premier league winning dinner for example.

Crowds were actually higher also.

Many of these things we still do, but are certainly not as a result of the current administration.

If it was not for the academy which Jack Walker set up, then squad wise we'd be in serious trouble given the majority have come through the ranks, given the pitiful investment into external signings, and given we continue to sell our better players, with the money not reinvested into the playing squad.

I’m certainly willing to give it a try Glen!

As a starting point, I’ll get the interview you and I did 18 months or so ago up on our new platform, and on Spotify too. With some of the recent comments cropping up it seems like there are people that need a little reminder of just how dysfunctional things were, and remain, under Venky’s.

• Like 4