BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

16 minutes ago, lraC said:

I know Duncan would do that tomorrow, but not a chance Waggott. Despite some posters suggesting otherwise, he would be out of his depths and frightened to death.

Anyone can answer screened questions, or get away with not being asked questions by the media knowing local media fear being frozen out.

Anyone can do the one to one, and tell people what they want to hear. Its not a matter of public record.

I will give Shelfie, Agnew, Singh, Hunt, Myers there dues, nothing was ever off the table with those guys and no meeting was ever comfortable for them.

Its interesting Sylvester , I quote "i just do as i'm told" remains at the club.

I'd certainly have some questions about that, based on documented information i have in my possession!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Miller11 said:

I’m certainly willing to give it a try Glen!

As a starting point, I’ll get the interview you and I did 18 months or so ago up on our new platform, and on Spotify too. With some of the recent comments cropping up it seems like there are people that need a little reminder of just how dysfunctional things were, and remain, under Venky’s.

Try and make it happen Duncan, although my health wont allow me to get massively involved these days, i'd hate to pass away, and not have had one final swing at getting the truth, that the supporters deserve.

I do fear, there is very little pressure being applied, and know people are finding it hard to find the strength. There are still far more questions than answers

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I am not sworn to secrecy, I choose to say what I say and I choose to tell who I want and therefore I choose what to keep to myself.

The point I am making is this.

You and many more have your views that are based on views of others comments, speculation, utter tripe and downright lies. So I am suggesting to counteract this and to give you a more and better balanced of your views, take your personal knowledge and evidence, concerns and views to Ewood and have a discussion. Only then will you be able to glean what is right, what is wrong, what is going on, what isn't going on and get an element of truth from the discussion. It will make it easy for you to dispel rumour, myth and truth and lies.

There are others like me who have done this and have seen what is happening, what the reality is, what the plans are and how the club sees the future. Now don't get me wrong, I am just not that stupid to think that if 10k fans make an appointment they will get one. However what I am sure of, is that if you contact him he will respond be it in a phone call or a face to face meeting over a coffee.

The picture so many paste of Waggot without ever having met him or talked to him is quite wrong. So that's my suggestion.

We are owned by multi- billionaires who are absent in all senses of the word from the club whose legacy they promised to uphold.

If there's a golden age ahead of us, well I'll believe it when I see it. The next time you see Waggot please ask him why the stadium Jack gave us is being allowed to fall into disrepair.

Finally, you say you haven't been held to secrecy, I could have sworn when you first posted this stuff you said you had promised to keep the information to yourself.

So, given that, why don't you share what you know (or think you know) with your fellow supporters on here? Why choose to keep it to yourself and, worse keep alluding to it on here, while saying nothing substantial? 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Anyone can answer screened questions, or get away with not being asked questions by the media knowing local media fear being frozen out.

Anyone can do the one to one, and tell people what they want to hear. Its not a matter of public record.

I will give Shelfie, Agnew, Singh, Hunt, Myers there dues, nothing was ever off the table with those guys and no meeting was ever comfortable for them.

Its interesting Sylvester , I quote "i just do as i'm told" remains at the club.

I'd certainly have some questions about that, based on documented information i have in my possession!!!!!

Exactly and I would love it to happen.

Sorry to hear your health is suffering BTW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I don’t believe you I’m afraid.

Not wanting to turn this into a lesson on substance abuse, but you clearly need one. Heroin is an opioid, a downer, where as cocaine is a stimulant, an upper.

If these lads are taking heroin at games they’d be mellowed out in a corner, not bouncing around the place like zebedee.

believe what you want Gav it happened they were convicted and thats all that matters. 

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I can’t agree with this strongly enough. 
Can people please stop hinting that they know something, using that to ridicule people’s views and then not elaborating. Then it just winds people up and goes on and on. The mods have said this more than enough times already, but it evidently bears repeating.

Just either put up or shut up.

dont-tell-him-pike-dads-army.gif

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roverandout said:

We're in the playoffs? We are in a play off position.  The way we've played that might not last. Does this offset a decade of mismanagement? I'm sure u are a venkys plant

I'm a 'venky's plant' (whatever that means) based on what?

Feeling positive about where we currently are? In with a shout of the play offs?

Boycott the team if you want, your choice, but don't have a go at people who are behind the manager and team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

I'm a 'venky's plant' (whatever that means) based on what?

Feeling positive about where we currently are? In with a shout of the play offs?

Boycott the team if you want, your choice, but don't have a go at people who are behind the manager and team.

I'm behind the team not the manager.  The team would do alot better without Mowbray 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Do your research and find out for yourself. Its happening across many aspects of the footballing operation. I would respectfully suggest getting an appointment and going to have a chat with the powers that be. Only then will you get some self satisfaction and a real understanding of what is going on behind the scenes. You will see how it compares with your own opinion/views and thoughts as well as the opinions and views of other forum members.

Surely there must be some outward signs of this wave of positivity flowing through the club ?

Research ? Appointments ? It all seems very secret. Do we need to get Louis Theroux on the case ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

The last 10yrs tells us it won’t….

Because we've never had a decent manager.  The only one who I thought could make it happen was lambert and he walked after being lied to. Even bowyer got us in playoff contention in more than one season.  Mowbray has only managed to do it this season and it will probably fail. Hell, even kean left us in the playoff positions although that was only after  a few games. I don't think Mowbray will even leave us top 6. Like u said gav about venkys they won't appoint a decent manager as they want someone who will just bow down to them. Yes until venkys have gone, rovers will never be a proper club again.  That still doesn't change the fact that Mowbray is hindering a pretty decent set of players and I can guarantee next season we will be nowhere near the playoffs 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

A well trodden cliche. If you were behind the team you would get yourself down to Ewood and get behind them, when they need you most.

I've already answered this in a previous post. Until venkys have cleared off I will never return 

• Like 4

So you are behind the team, not the manager but you won't go because of the owners and if someone else is positive about the manager and team they are a Venky plant. One way traffic with you.

What if Venkys go and Mowbray stays? Will you come back then? What if Mowbray goes and Venkys stay. Will you come back then?

Edited by FortressEwood

10 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Surely there must be some outward signs of this wave of positivity flowing through the club ?

Research ? Appointments ? It all seems very secret. Do we need to get Louis Theroux on the case ?

Yes, go and have a chat with the Branch Waggidians and drink the Kool - Aid . Then you will see the light 😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

So you are behind the team, not the manager but you won't go because of the owners and if someone else is positive about the manager and team they are a Venky plant. One way traffic with you.

No because ur positivity is suspicious to say the least. U never have a bad word to say about venkys the team or manager despite the poor form or the way venkys have dismantled rovers in the last decade.  There needs to be balance and on the contrary I praised Mowbray earlier in the season when rovers were playing well. Maybe u do have a balanced view but I've never seen it on here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I am not sworn to secrecy, I choose to say what I say and I choose to tell who I want and therefore I choose what to keep to myself.

Then, you're entitled to be like that if you want, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously. You're saying you know things, are allowed to share them, but won't, and aren't explaining why not. But expecting us to believe your vague overall assertions.

The only possibilities I can see are that you're trolling, know nothing of real substance but want to back up the regime, or do know things but you're just being an asshole about it. My guess is the second, but even on the last one, we might take entirely different conclusions from what you 'know', and maybe that's what youre trying to avoid, but we won't get the chance because you're being obtuse about it.

You went on to talk about offering a viewpoint to balance the other ITK posts, but at least most of those offer some degree of specifics rather than vague promises of a better tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

No because ur positivity is suspicious to say the least. U never have a bad word to say about venkys the team or manager despite the poor form or the way venkys have dismantled rovers in the last decade.  There needs to be balance and on the contrary I praised Mowbray earlier in the season when rovers were playing well. Maybe u do have a balanced view but I've never seen it on here

I have my view, that's it. I resent being called names because of it. If you want to spit your dummy out for years on end that's up to you, just don't expect everyone else to agree with you.

25 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Because we've never had a decent manager.  The only one who I thought could make it happen was lambert and he walked after being lied to. Even bowyer got us in playoff contention in more than one season.  Mowbray has only managed to do it this season and it will probably fail. Hell, even kean left us in the playoff positions although that was only after  a few games. I don't think Mowbray will even leave us top 6. Like u said gav about venkys they won't appoint a decent manager as they want someone who will just bow down to them. Yes until venkys have gone, rovers will never be a proper club again.  That still doesn't change the fact that Mowbray is hindering a pretty decent set of players and I can guarantee next season we will be nowhere near the playoffs 

It’s all about opinions my friend and I certainly respect yours.

• Like 1