BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't I already said Cairney were sold cheaper than he should have been. 

These 3 players have been offered improved contracts and refuse to them. 

And where you saying last season we should been offering Brereton last season before his goalscoring this season? 

The mark up value were made by Bowyer not myself. 

He went for 25 million 6 years later after 2 clubs moves and playing for top 6 Spanish club. 

Wind up? Give it rest roversfan99 if that's the best comment you got. 

Cos they advised by the club and managers what they worth. I remember being a fan meeting where fans were saying that Gestede were sold on the cheap despite Bowyer and Shaw saying 6 million pounds was the highest bid we ever received. 

The owners shouldn't be interfering with footballing decisions. End of.

• Like 2

I'm not sure a new manager would be given the opportunity to overhaul the coaching staff. I am of the opinion that if Mowbray did depart that Lowe, Benson and Johnson would be able to stay on under the next manager and that would be a requirement for new managers to agree to.

It is this stipulation that is likely to limit the calibre of people interested in the job, as any manager with ambition or clout will rightly expect to be able to assemble their own coaching staff and work with their trusted people rather than have people imposed on them.

I also think that if we are going to part company with Mowbray, which by the sounds of what went on on Tuesday night at half time and full time he might need for his own health if nothing else, then there needs to be a clean sweep. The best argument for getting rid of Mowbray is there is a feeling of history repeating itself every season and the same old mistakes and excuses each season. With that in mind it would be madness to remove the maanger but keep the coaching staff the same.

For me if the backroom staff are staying the same then it is almost getting to the point whereby Mowbray might as well stay on because there won't be that much point changing him.

If the club can't or won't pay the going rate to replace the coaching staff then it has serious problems because the cost is insignificant in the scheme of running a football club and aiming for promotion. If it is an emotional decision - keeping people in situ because they are nice people, work hard or get on well with people then again - we are wasting our time here because no such sentimentality should apply in such major decisions.

• Like 2

The man needs to go. Walk if he wants to exit with dignity. Shove if he won't budge. Fade away with no contract if that is what he prefers.

I'm just fed up of watching his astounding lack of awareness in all dimensions. 

On Tuesday you would have been forgiven for thinking his side had suffered a reverse after going ahead, based on the body language, the glum gurning chops and the bizarre pep talk with Shrek after the third goal went in.

Now, if I was in charge of an outfit that failed to follow my instructions and in effect mutinied, and that threatened my chances of delivering a nice easy means of laundering dirty offshore profits via a cheeky little loss making operation, I guess I might look a little miffed too. Not to say, of course, that anything of that magnitude could possibly be happening in a small town in East Lancashire...

Even if we make the play offs I simply can't bare anymore of his mental tactics and bizarre interviews. Get rid and replace with someone younger and hungrier. 

Massive reset in the summer. A good chunk of our experienced players are off for no fee and we need a big rebuild. Mowbray is not the man to lead that in any way. 

Just as important is to get rid of of pointless waggot and appoint someone competent. I won't hold my breath though. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Errr not really disagreeing with you but just to point out that Jack walker always had big say(and the final say!) in transfer decisions whilst he was owner

There's even some pretty infamous examples of potential signings that he vetoed for one reason or another 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

The man needs to go. Walk if he wants to exit with dignity. Shove if he won't budge. Fade away with no contract if that is what he prefers.

On Tuesday you would have been forgiven for thinking his side had suffered a reverse after going ahead, based on the body language, the glum gurning chops and the bizarre pep talk with Shrek after the third goal went in.

Now, if I was in charge of an outfit that failed to follow my instructions and in effect mutinied, and that threatened my chances of delivering a nice easy means of laundering dirty offshore profits via a cheeky little loss making operation, I guess I might look a little miffed too. Not to say, of course, that anything of that magnitude could possibly be happening in a small town in East Lancashire...

I like the least bit and given the number of posts you have made, I take it you are an old newbie, if you get my drift.

Personally and no matter where we finish at the end of this season I think he is a goner and don’t forsee another contract unless he is given a rolling 1 yr deal especially if we are still championship . If the improbable happened and he got us up then who knows what would happen? Millions at the clubs disposal a plethora of players would be available and it’s hard to see how TM would fit the bill because as sure is death Rovers are complete relegation fodder the season after a possible promotion

On 16/03/2022 at 11:54, Nuttall is lost said:

He had a depressed far away look in his eyes, glazed over, contemplating life look.  The more goals we scored the more depressed he got.

He was ranting and raving at the players int he 1st half and just sat motionless in the 2nd.  Maybe he had been listening to Radiohead at half time.

more like leonard cohen

7 hours ago, BigUts said:

IMHO to achieve a top 6 finish with this squad would be an excellent achievement. The consensus amongst the fanbase at the start of the season seemed to be that a relegation dog-fight is what we were in for this, when in reality (and now somewhat disappointingly) we probably should have been pushing Bournemouth all the way. Does that show how far we have come or a real falling part?!

I think Tony rolled the dice a bit in January on the hope that BBD would stay fit for the remainder of the season and keep up his goal scoring form. It was perhaps a lazy decision to make but it appears we had basically zero cash to spend. The signing of Hedges for any fee seems to be a bit of a panic to me due to Markanday's injury taking place.

Tony deserves a hell of a lot of credit. From where he picked us up 5 years ago to now is chalk and cheese. It has at times been excruciatingly slow and painful but in the cold light of day I think it's an achievement. 

If we are able to hit the play-offs this season then I would give him a 12 month rolling contract with perhaps a break clause at the end of each season and see how next season transpires. If we do miss out, its definitely time for a change and some new ideas. Who we would be able to bring in though is a completely different story and would probably require a huge overhaul of lots of staff. 

Regarding Markandays injury, the lad has never scored a professional goal yet, and he’s a winger. Hedges was a panic buy… Another winger.

The man is bonkers.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The owners should lay down the parameters within which the club should operate (& that they are willing to fund); then clearly *should* also appoint the right people to execute their chosen strategy.

• Like 2

I think that is pretty much what they do anyway without actually setting any targets. Promotion chances seem to just be a bonus we'll take if it comes along otherwise we'll just plod on with the same people.

Then we again look at the amount of money they throw in, the amount of losses they are happy to allow and wonder for the millionth time just what is at the heart of it all.

Now i'm not saying money laundering but using profits from someones offshore enterprises could well be the thing here. Especially if he draws a few million out for himself somewhere in the books every season.

Edited by tomphil

4 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

These money laundering rumours have gone on for about 15 years now and I’m yet to have anyone explain how it’s a remote possibility or even viable. Until someone can do that, I’m putting it in the nonsense category. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, booth said:

Regarding Markandays injury, the lad has never scored a professional goal yet, and he’s a winger. Hedges was a panic buy… Another winger.

The man is bonkers.

Hedges was a panic buy!? 

We seemed to have been chasing him forever and negotiations to bring him in appeared to have started right at the beginning of the transfer window (if not earlier) 

More like a shady looking poor buy

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

These money laundering rumours have gone on for about 15 years now and I’m yet to have anyone explain how it’s a remote possibility or even viable. Until someone can do that, I’m putting it in the nonsense category. 

'Quelle surprise!'

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

The stage floor is yours Darren, if you can substantiate it then we’re all ears?

Sat second in the table mid January, with a chasm of a gap to 7th place and beyond, with 2 weeks left of the transfer window and we sign who?

We then go on a sequence of results predicted by most, culminating in last Tuesday's team selection, not withstanding asking Bradley Johnson to play in the most advanced role in the team, Mowbray then sits down at half time and lets Mark Venus take over in the technical area.

Can you honestly believe that BRFC are STILL such a basket case without any ulterior motive still perhaps being in play?

Sorry to disappoint but I can substantiate nothing, If I could I wouldn't on here.....I'd be intrigued to see your collective rationale in opposition however.... My lugs are pinned!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hedges was a panic buy!? 

We seemed to have been chasing him forever and negotiations to bring him in appeared to have started right at the beginning of the transfer window (if not earlier) 

More like a shady looking poor buy

I presume Booth means they rushed it through and had to pay money despite him already being on a pre agreement. To come in summer.......for nothing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Sat second in the table mid January, with a chasm of a gap to 7th place and beyond, with 2 weeks left of the transfer window and we sign who?

We then go on a sequence of results predicted by most, culminating in last Tuesday's team selection, not withstanding asking Bradley Johnson to play in the most advanced role in the team, Mowbray then sits down at half time and lets Mark Venus take over in the technical area.

Can you honestly believe that BRFC are STILL such a basket case without any ulterior motive still perhaps being in play?

Sorry to disappoint but I can substantiate nothing, If I could I wouldn't on here.....I'd be intrigued to see your collective rationale in opposition however.... My lugs are pinned!

No worries, here we go:

1) We sign who we can afford to sign, the club was decimated financially because of COVID resulting in the owners having to buy the training ground off the club they already own. This club loses money every single day and therefore FFP restricts that. Arguably a strong CEO would find ways of generating more money to help this, ours seems to struggle.

2) We go on a bad run because the manager is poor. It happens every year, repetitivenesses cannot be attributed to anything but poor leadership decisions.

3) We play Johnson upfront because the manager has limited options and thinks it’s the best option. It isn’t the best option, as it was proved. Ignore all of the “I’m happy with my team”, he isn’t, if he was allowed to replace Gallagher he would have done, but he can’t say that. 

4) If you believe the club is a basket case, how on Earth can you sit in the posh lounges at Ewood on match day making Twitter videos with club management with a straight face? There’s a reason they don’t let the likes of Kamy and Glen Mullan swan around in there… and it’s not because they can’t afford it!

• Like 7

Limited options ?

Pull the other one its got bells on it he had Gallagher, Giles. Dack and Hedges on the bench. The options for false 9 are almost limitless with the types hes gathered. Dolan, Khadra, Rothwell, Dack, , Gallagher, Giles and of course Buckley just to name a few.

Why the tombola fell on Johnson god only knows but don't be saying limited options stick to facts.

As for Gallagher HE signed the guy !

Edited by tomphil

I think the Rothwell saga might have had something to do with it he seemed to get rushed in when it looked like JR was going.

We know we never replace a spade with a spade so god knows what the thinking was. All this not up to speed learning the Rovers way is bollocks imo.  Hes just got another body in for the sake of it but never had a specific role for him yet.

• Like 3

If I had the money, Nick (AKA DR) would be my choice for the John Williams role at the club.. Knowledgeable about the (real) game in football, experienced and successful in business, passionate about the Rovers and straight talking as the day is long. Top bloke.

On 10/03/2022 at 17:51, chaddyrovers said:

Here is post from a Rovers scout John Brown on LinkedIn 

Screenshot_20220310-175019_LinkedIn.jpg

If you scroll down the page a while though, he does call him a gurning bastard...

Just saying.