BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

41 minutes ago, 47er said:

No it isn't. Ludicrous claim.

On here it is, the fans in ground are fully behind him. 
Read any past match day thread where we never won and you’ll get the picture. 

Edited by Gav

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

Hahahaha

as if said by Tony Mowbray himslef. 

Needless to say that rovers have twice as many fans that no longer regularly go to games than those that do, but yeah i guess their opinion is irrelevant because they no longer go regularly😴😴😴😴

But yeh gavin you keep up this Mowbray/kean esque lame divisive game youve started recently of making back handed comments aimed at those that don't(or can't!) go regularly 😄

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

NO! Usually these things are matters of opinion but this is fact. The criticisms on this MB of **** were way more hostile than they have been against Mowbray. Way more and deservedly so.

You're falling for your own hyperbole.

• Like 5

Do I think that some on here are a bit OTT re Mowbray? Yes.

But it isn’t close to what that scumbag got on here and to say it’s ‘more hostile’ for TM on brfcs than what Ke*n copped is a ridiculous thing to say.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

Everyone who shopped at Debenhams, liked what Debenhams sold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hahahaha

as if said by Tony Mowbray himslef. 

Needless to say that rovers have twice as many fans that no longer regularly go to games than those that do, but yeah i guess their opinion is irrelevant because they no longer go regularly😴😴😴😴

But yeh gavin you keep up this Mowbray/kean esque lame divisive game youve started recently of making back handed comments aimed at those that don't(or can't!) go regularly 😄

Or never went in the first place cocker, anyway Ewood awaits, enjoy the game 😀

Edited by Gav

“Dack and Buckley, we’ll think about tinkering with formations and playing with two No.10s and giving teams with their positional play and not standing up against big centre halves and getting marked.”

FFS Mowbray

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

You can’t see anything from anyone else’s point of view. To you there is no better club than Blackburn Rovers. Fine. But these players aren’t fans.

The agents will be advising them to do the best thing for their finances in the short, medium and long term. To suggest anything else is very silly.

Well Miller11 I will say you are wrong on the first place but If that's what you think then so be it. 

On 11/03/2022 at 20:55, Miller11 said:

See @JHRover’s post above.

The other day you told me that not agreeing deals and losing Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe would not be a failing on the clubs part, but when they do sign someone up to an extension they have performed excellent work.

Keeping your players tied down, and/or selling them at the opportune time is absolutely key to our reported operating model. Getting it right is bread and butter, getting it wrong is a disaster.

You’d shrug it off as “just nature” if we let the grass on Ewood grow to a foot high, but praise the groundsman for painting the lines on the pitch.

I am astounded that anyone couldn't see the double standards in this. (actually I think he can and on the wind up.) If you are responsible for extending contracts then as you say by definition you have to be responsible when players don't sign. It's either your responsibility or it isn't. 

Mind you, if the club is as brilliant and as flawless as Chaddy says, I'm at a loss to know how we haven't got promoted as yet. I mean if we are that error free how come we haven't been promoted?

• Like 2

On 09/03/2022 at 17:54, TheRovers1994 said:

THE SQUAD FOR 22/23: looking at the squad we have left after the likely departures should we remain in the championship this is what we have left in terms of first team players 

GK’s: kaminski, pears 

Defenders: Wharton, Ayala, Carter, Pickering, JRC, edun, brown 

Midfield: travis, Buckley, Garrett, 

Attack: Gallagher, Dolan, hedges, mackanday, dack, burns

this squad is of course thin and lacks depth in every department but with sensible recruitment and more promotions in the academy and a system implemented to get the best out of the players we have and will have it certainly does not lack the foundations to rebuild a solid team again. Also expect to see the likes of ash Phillips come into the mix soon.

If we don;t get promote then I think Brereton, Nyambe and Rothwell will leave here and not sign new long term contract. Rovers will invoke the 12 months club option to extend Brereton contract then sell him. I seen Brighton, Everton, West Ham all linked with him recently. I think Lenihan will sign a new contract if we make the playoffs or come close to them so I have included him in my squad list

So lets look at the potential squad if do get promote

GKs - Kaminski, Pears, Eastham

Defs - Lenihan, Ayala, Wharton, Carter, Pickering, Edun, Brown, JRC, Philips

mids - Travis, Buckley, Garrett

atts - Dack, Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges, Markanday

I have read this weekend that Khadra would be open to staying here and signing for us permanent. I would look at Brighton for them to included both Khadra and Van Hecke in the deal for Brereton. So 15 million plus those 2 and I would agree to sell him. 

Then I think we need right back/wing back, Centre back if we sign Van Hecke 3 centre midfielders, wide player and striker. I would be looking at playing 4-2-3-1 formation with Dack in the 10 role and fully fit next season. 

So here are few suggestions for potential summer transfer window signings

Right back/wing back

1. Callum Brittain from Barnsley. always impressed me every time I've seen him play and Would offer us more attacking intent from the right back/wing back. I think 1 to 1.5 million should be enough to secure him. 

2. James Bree from Luton. Out of contract I believe. So wouldn't a transfer fee and we should be able to offer more wages than Luton

Centre back

1. Jake Clarke-Salter. 24 years old. Playing on loan at Coventry from Chelsea where his contract ends this summer. 

2. Elliott Moore. 24 Years old. Out of contract in the summer. Playing Oxford in league this summer. Team Captain there. 

Centre midfielder

1. Callum Styles. Barnsley midfielder. Another player who has impress me when I have seen him. He is left foot and we bid for him in January for him of 1.5 million. 

2. Cameron Brannagan.  Played for Oxford. Scored 12 goals this season. So hopefully could be a goalscoring midfielder we have lack since David Dunn days here. 

3. Matty Longstaff. On loan at Mansfield from Newcastle. He has Played PL football and I think would be good signing here. 

Striker 

1. Shayne Lavery. Forward from Blackpool. Scored 8 goals this season in 28 appearances. 

2. Viktor Gyokeres. Striker from Coventry. Scored 13 goals this season in 35 appearances

3. Ryan Hardie. Striker from Plymouth. Scored 14 goals in 31 appearances this season in league 1. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we don;t get promote then I think Brereton, Nyambe and Rothwell will leave here and not sign new long term contract. Rovers will invoke the 12 months club option to extend Brereton contract then sell him. I seen Brighton, Everton, West Ham all linked with him recently. I think Lenihan will sign a new contract if we make the playoffs or come close to them so I have included him in my squad list

So lets look at the potential squad if do get promote

GKs - Kaminski, Pears, Eastham

Defs - Lenihan, Ayala, Wharton, Carter, Pickering, Edun, Brown, JRC, Philips

mids - Travis, Buckley, Garrett

atts - Dack, Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges, Markanday

I have read this weekend that Khadra would be open to staying here and signing for us permanent. I would look at Brighton for them to included both Khadra and Van Hecke in the deal for Brereton. So 15 million plus those 2 and I would agree to sell him. 

Then I think we need right back/wing back, Centre back if we sign Van Hecke 3 centre midfielders, wide player and striker. I would be looking at playing 4-2-3-1 formation with Dack in the 10 role and fully fit next season. 

So here are few suggestions for potential summer transfer window signings

Right back/wing back

1. Callum Brittain from Barnsley. always impressed me every time I've seen him play and Would offer us more attacking intent from the right back/wing back. I think 1 to 1.5 million should be enough to secure him. 

2. James Bree from Luton. Out of contract I believe. So wouldn't a transfer fee and we should be able to offer more wages than Luton

Centre back

1. Jake Clarke-Salter. 24 years old. Playing on loan at Coventry from Chelsea where his contract ends this summer. 

2. Elliott Moore. 24 Years old. Out of contract in the summer. Playing Oxford in league this summer. Team Captain there. 

Centre midfielder

1. Callum Styles. Barnsley midfielder. Another player who has impress me when I have seen him. He is left foot and we bid for him in January for him of 1.5 million. 

2. Cameron Brannagan.  Played for Oxford. Scored 12 goals this season. So hopefully could be a goalscoring midfielder we have lack since David Dunn days here. 

3. Matty Longstaff. On loan at Mansfield from Newcastle. He has Played PL football and I think would be good signing here. 

Striker 

1. Shayne Lavery. Forward from Blackpool. Scored 8 goals this season in 28 appearances. 

2. Viktor Gyokeres. Striker from Coventry. Scored 13 goals this season in 35 appearances

3. Ryan Hardie. Striker from Plymouth. Scored 14 goals in 31 appearances this season in league 1. 

Most of them are off the agenda unless Venkys dont repeat what they did last summer and prevent any reinvestment of a major sale. Theres not a chance that we could afford Gyokeres either.

I notice that them promising to attend a game this season has yet to happen.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Most of them are off the agenda unless Venkys dont repeat what they did last summer and prevent any reinvestment of a major sale. Theres not a chance that we could afford Gyokeres either.

You don't know what Venkys will do this summer.

You would have said not a chance we pay 7 million for a forward prior to Brererton signing.

Taps are turned off then back on again as is evident throughout their reign

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You always focus on Venkys far too much. Mowbray had a budget and given the FFP requirements we are under he did the business he did for the season in the 2 windows. That threshold has been lifted FFP wise. Plus I have already said in the post that Brereton is likely to sold for around 20 million pounds or so. So they will be some money there to spend hopefully and what I have based my post on!

Why can't we afford Gyokeres from Coventry? How much do you think he is worth? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

You always focus on Venkys far too much. Mowbray had a budget and given the FFP requirements we are under he did the business he did for the season in the 2 windows. That threshold has been lifted FFP wise. Plus I have already said in the post that Brereton is likely to sold for around 20 million pounds or so. So they will be some money there to spend hopefully and what I have based my post on!

Why can't we afford Gyokeres from Coventry? How much do you think he is worth? 

FFP, FFP, FFP. Venkys wouldnt spend 2m on a needed pitch refurb last summer even though it wouldnt qualify under FFP calculations. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You don't know what Venkys will do this summer.

You would have said not a chance we pay 7 million for a forward prior to Brererton signing.

Taps are turned off then back on again as is evident throughout their reign

I never said that I did know, I said "unless" suggesting a level of unknown. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a repeat of last summer, hopefully not.

One thing that is correct though, there certainly isn't any strategy at Venkys HQ. As you say, its taps off, taps (a bit) on, then off, then on, not done with strategey and intelligence but seemingly at random.

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

FFP, FFP, FFP. Venkys wouldnt spend 2m on a needed pitch refurb last summer even though it wouldnt qualify under FFP calculations. 

We spend 1.2 million on signings this season on 3 players plus we made bids for other players. So there is money there. Plus if you look at Suggestions I have look at players 25 years old and under who will be entering their peak of the careers whilst here and players we can improving into better players and maybe even sell on or 2. 

On FFP, without Venkys buying the training ground we have been on transfer restrictions last summer but the Armstrong's money will cover this season losses or most of them. 

Also Why can't we afford Gyokeres from Coventry? How much do you think he is worth? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not that impressed with Khadra. I wouldn’t be busting a gut to get him back. Not enough end product for me. The Dutch centre half I’d definitely have back, he’s worthy of the shirt.

I would offer to Brighton, Brereton for Van Hecke and Khadra. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not that impressed with Khadra. I wouldn’t be busting a gut to get him back. Not enough end product for me. The Dutch centre half I’d definitely have back, he’s worthy of the shirt.

Yer I agree.

Van Heke deffo look at signing, not sure on Khadra. 

We'll end up with neither.

• Like 3

On 12/03/2022 at 11:52, Gav said:

I am in the ground (when they're playing). I am not fully behind him. I think he is tactically very poor and his obsession with wide strikers and wingers in the middle is moronic. Will I still cheer players on? Of course. Please don't confuse that with being happy with the dinosaur or with donkeys like Gallagher or with Buckley as a false 9.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I heard a few people in the Blackburn End say to the person next to them that Mowbray should go. I am not convinced that everyone is behind him, and have not experienced what you mention above @roverandout is that in the Blackburn End too?

I’d say it’s fifty fifty with people wanting him to go and people wanting him to stay . I think there is a pool of people in the middle that don’t really care either way as the uncertainty of what’s next or the way we are run won’t make much of a difference so continue to just support the team regardless. 

if we start the season with him on charge next season I might end up falling into that third pool and drowning in despair