BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

What’s a shame about Mowbary is he’s generally over performed expectations this season. Not many would have pegged us for top 6 to start the campaign, but this achievement will be overshadowed by the fact we’re in the process of letting a golden opportunity slip by. A victim of his own early success it appears. I’m certainly not his biggest supporter, and think his selections are maddening but if you would have told me last August we’d be sitting top 6 today, March 16, I’d have said we should be handing him a new deal. Reality is I feel as though we’ve underperformed 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think its an exciting prospect and challenge in the summer if we don't get promote for the manager/head coach whether its Mowbray in charge or a new person to rebuild the squad and if its a new guy a challenge for him to bring in his own players and shape the squad his own way.  

"Exciting prospect" is not the way I would describe losing our captain, right back and a key midfielder for free aswell as another excellent centre back and Khadra who will go back to their parent clubs all without a penny to replace them. Brereton will be sold too with the most recent evidence suggesting that there is far from a guarantee of even a fraction of that money being available to reinvest.

Even if we take it as a given that the 3 contract rebels would not have signed unless we had offered unsustainable wages, much of this summer of surgery could have been eased. If Venkys had allowed a couple of million to have been reinvested last summer on an attacking player, we would have one less slot to fill and also extra help this season. Had Venkys allowed the manager to make his own decisions on player recruitment, we could have 2 additional assets instead of a soon to be worthless Rothwell.

• Like 4

We will not get a better right back in this league than Nyambe i'm amazed that opinion is still being trotted out.

That doesn't mean he's perfect but who is in this division.

I'd suggest that the club hasn't been keen on making him a good offer because all along TM has that position with JRC's name on it.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

For the past few seasons they was no real defense for him other than the fear of what comes next. Even those who'd had him living off promotion had had their fill with the crap he was coming out with last season.

Now though there are many variables even beyond the fear factor of what might come next. The situation is more complicated than its been for the past few seasons. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

In reality he should have been potted long ago, he's carried on and done all he can. Time for someone new.

However, I'm dreading to see who he will be replaced with if he goes. 

Exactly this.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, lraC said:

It doesn't really matter, what the budget is, we are not going to be anywhere near successful under these owners.

Pasha seems to do a good job of hiding in the shadows and pulling the strings, whilst everyone with their heads above the water, finds a reason to be positive, about death spirals and goal droughts. 

My post was just to point out that Bristol City spent about half of what they had received in transfer outs that season.

Some clubs operate like that, we don't, and that is down to our owners which the original poster will agree with I think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

"Exciting prospect" is not the way I would describe losing our captain, right back and a key midfielder for free aswell as another excellent centre back and Khadra who will go back to their parent clubs all without a penny to replace them. Brereton will be sold too with the most recent evidence suggesting that there is far from a guarantee of even a fraction of that money being available to reinvest.

Even if we take it as a given that the 3 contract rebels would not have signed unless we had offered unsustainable wages, much of this summer of surgery could have been eased. If Venkys had allowed a couple of million to have been reinvested last summer on an attacking player, we would have one less slot to fill and also extra help this season. Had Venkys allowed the manager to make his own decisions on player recruitment, we could have 2 additional assets instead of a soon to be worthless Rothwell.

Rothwell by his play since January is nearly worthless as is.

23 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

A new manager will be able to bring in his own players and shape the squad his own way and fit his tactics. 

I suggested a few players that would fit the way I would like to play next season and fit the way I would us to play which would be 4-3-3 and the counter attack. 

I have said that I think Lenihan will stay next season. 

I do think Venkys will invest this summer 

Also where was Rothwell going to move to given that Bournemouth withdraw the Rothwell bid in favour of signing Todd Cantwell. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A new manager will be able to bring in his own players and shape the squad his own way and fit his tactics. 

I suggested a few players that would fit the way I would like to play next season and fit the way I would us to play which would be 4-3-3 and the counter attack. 

I have said that I think Lenihan will stay next season. 

I do think Venkys will invest this summer 

Also where was Rothwell going to move to given that Bournemouth withdraw the Rothwell bid in favour of signing Todd Cantwell. 

Firstly, Mowbray won't be going regardless of where we finish, and I fear that your faith in Venkys is misguided/naive/stupid.

But if there was a new manager, he would much prefer to inherit a squad full of assets with minimal holes in it.

You are recreating history with Rothwell, Cantwell doesn't even play in the same position. Bournemouth bid creating a drawn out affair, it wasnt a passing fancy. Mowbray said in the press that he was open minded in bringing in 2 players with the money but the owners blocked it, which is unacceptable.

I'm spending half time desperately trying to discover something on the Internet to link Mowbray to Putin and get him sanctioned. So far the closest I am getting is a connection to Pulis, which is almost the same, but I do think we have sufficient, and growing, evidence to at least get TM sectioned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

I'm spending half time desperately trying to discover something on the Internet to link Mowbray to Putin and get him sanctioned. So far the closest I am getting is a connection to Pulis, which is almost the same, but I do think we have sufficient, and growing, evidence to at least get TM sectioned.

Down the rabbit hole

Mowbray > Cakes >Medovik

Mowbray > Marks and Spencers choccy biscuits > M&S still doing business in Russia via the Fiba group= TM supporting the Russia regime

🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Firstly, Mowbray won't be going regardless of where we finish, and I fear that your faith in Venkys is misguided/naive/stupid.

It's doesn't like Mowbray is but we see in the summer.

Venkys have backed Mowbray and the club year after year. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You are recreating history with Rothwell, Cantwell doesn't even play in the same position. Bournemouth bid creating a drawn out affair, it wasnt a passing fancy. Mowbray said in the press that he was open minded in bringing in 2 players with the money but the owners blocked it, which is unacceptable.

Cantwell is playing in midfield 3 at Bournemouth. 

Drawn out affair? A couple of days is hardly a drawn out affair is it? 

Why is unacceptable? 

12 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

There must be an HSH or SEM connection somewhere, if Putin had an agent it would be......

• Like 2

On 14/03/2022 at 19:53, tomphil said:

We will not get a better right back in this league than Nyambe i'm amazed that opinion is still being trotted out.

That doesn't mean he's perfect but who is in this division.

I'd suggest that the club hasn't been keen on making him a good offer because all along TM has that position with JRC's name on it.

Nathan Byrne last night showed he is a more than adequate replacement for Nyambe and he is available on a free transfer

• Like 2