BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If FFP was genuinely stunting the owners who otherwise had genuine ambitions to push the club on, they wouldnt have declined the 2m cost of refurbishing the pitch. 

I'd be more worried at the state of the stands.  I saw mould and corrosion on the steel structures. You just have to look at Birmingham City to see stands that were neglected and now looks like they may need to be demolished.

The stands and roofs at Ewood need a power hosing and some repairs and a fresh coat of paint badly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

I had a 2 and half hour call yesterday regarding a new documentary about Rovers.

The past is certainly not forgotten, the story of Venkys ownership past and present will be told.

Dooped, Niave, hands tied? This is fictitious account we are left with after weeks, months and years pass.

What was their excuse when they was picking team?

What was their excuse when selecting board members to replace our solid administration they inherited?

Kentaro, Crescedo et al, its all very easy to pin all the blame at their door. They are massively culperable , but Venkys are certainly not innocent.

I try and keep my head down nowadays, but its quite evident that many people have profited, jokeyed for position locally, have got too cosey with the club, hang on their every word, and in some respects put the efforts and sacrifices of thousands to waste.

You look around the ground, and 95% of local sponsors are gone, the boards which separate the upper and lower tier no longer advertises these.

We have a business development manager, who went from walking on protest, wearing venkys out t-shirts to then getting a job at the club and within a couple of weeks, requesting to meet me at the services to lambast the supporter base for making a stand. Sold himself out for a job!!!!!

Time is not healer, thousands have walked away, loyal supporters for decades. We now have an element of support within our supporter base which is young youths, who can make going to a game somewhat intimidating. Many of these are not old enough to remember Venkys buying the club, or understand where the club was before Venkys.

I, and many of you have lost family members, seen people who marched for the cause sadly pass away, it breaks my heart when I remember these supporters that they are no longer here, and the club they loved so dear continues to be a shadow of its former self.

Venkys have been here a long time now, but the frailties and fundamental basics which they dont do remain.

The acceptance of, it is what it is, or make do is painful to see.

The years of taking our case to the highest authorities of our national game, the cover ups, the personal intrusion, has sadly taken its toll on my health. 

The years of not being there to support my wife in bringing our children up, and giving every minute of my time to stand up for those who had the courage to fight for our club, its future and threat of existence, is something I have to live with, I will never get those years back.

Its a shell of a club now, absent owners, no one being held accountable and no one standing up for us.

Accepting the issues, forgetting the sacrifices, you become part of the problem and not the solution.

Watching Panarama this week and the Ambramovich story shows where the games at. £'s buy votes, they buy silence, they buy closed eyes. If your team is winning, no one bats an eyelid, its only when results are bad that people take a closer look. Supporters are taken for granted, not just by our clubs, but the administration of our leagues and governance.

As things stand we are always just an hour away from going bust, our owners are unpredictable, our board are puppets and full of self-preservation.

You cannot talk or negotiate with Puppets or ignorance. 

I've deliberately not spoken with Waggott, as there is not a single thing he could say, which would remotely interest me. Like those before him, he has the power of a broken light bulb and gets paid handsomely for being ineffective.

He will give his lip service to those who will listen, and get many on board. They will quite like feeling important and sadly buy into his bullshit.

For those of us more seasoned in the art of negotiations, (we had years perfecting it), they fear us, they fear an uprising , they fear getting knocked off their pedestal. This current crop are not as clever as the last crop, and would fall like skittles.

I hope i'm still around to see the day, the town really does have its club back. Knowing the things I've learnt, seen and witnessed is a curse.

Anyway it was not my intention to write a long winded post and this was not directed at you, or anyone else in particular. 

Yeah but! SUTTON OR NEWELL, WHICH ONE WAS BETTER? 

Only kidding, great post and I like im sure many others still remember the huge personal sacrifices you made to help get shut of kean etc...

Just a shame that the club and fanbzse has never recovered from everything that went on  it's just left a huge void where hope used to be

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I had a 2 and half hour call yesterday regarding a new documentary about Rovers.

The past is certainly not forgotten, the story of Venkys ownership past and present will be told.

Dooped, Niave, hands tied? This is fictitious account we are left with after weeks, months and years pass.

What was their excuse when they was picking team?

What was their excuse when selecting board members to replace our solid administration they inherited?

Kentaro, Crescedo et al, its all very easy to pin all the blame at their door. They are massively culperable , but Venkys are certainly not innocent.

I try and keep my head down nowadays, but its quite evident that many people have profited, jokeyed for position locally, have got too cosey with the club, hang on their every word, and in some respects put the efforts and sacrifices of thousands to waste.

You look around the ground, and 95% of local sponsors are gone, the boards which separate the upper and lower tier no longer advertises these.

We have a business development manager, who went from walking on protest, wearing venkys out t-shirts to then getting a job at the club and within a couple of weeks, requesting to meet me at the services to lambast the supporter base for making a stand. Sold himself out for a job!!!!!

Time is not healer, thousands have walked away, loyal supporters for decades. We now have an element of support within our supporter base which is young youths, who can make going to a game somewhat intimidating. Many of these are not old enough to remember Venkys buying the club, or understand where the club was before Venkys.

I, and many of you have lost family members, seen people who marched for the cause sadly pass away, it breaks my heart when I remember these supporters that they are no longer here, and the club they loved so dear continues to be a shadow of its former self.

Venkys have been here a long time now, but the frailties and fundamental basics which they dont do remain.

The acceptance of, it is what it is, or make do is painful to see.

The years of taking our case to the highest authorities of our national game, the cover ups, the personal intrusion, has sadly taken its toll on my health. 

The years of not being there to support my wife in bringing our children up, and giving every minute of my time to stand up for those who had the courage to fight for our club, its future and threat of existence, is something I have to live with, I will never get those years back.

Its a shell of a club now, absent owners, no one being held accountable and no one standing up for us.

Accepting the issues, forgetting the sacrifices, you become part of the problem and not the solution.

Watching Panarama this week and the Ambramovich story shows where the games at. £'s buy votes, they buy silence, they buy closed eyes. If your team is winning, no one bats an eyelid, its only when results are bad that people take a closer look. Supporters are taken for granted, not just by our clubs, but the administration of our leagues and governance.

As things stand we are always just an hour away from going bust, our owners are unpredictable, our board are puppets and full of self-preservation.

You cannot talk or negotiate with Puppets or ignorance. 

I've deliberately not spoken with Waggott, as there is not a single thing he could say, which would remotely interest me. Like those before him, he has the power of a broken light bulb and gets paid handsomely for being ineffective.

He will give his lip service to those who will listen, and get many on board. They will quite like feeling important and sadly buy into his bullshit.

For those of us more seasoned in the art of negotiations, (we had years perfecting it), they fear us, they fear an uprising , they fear getting knocked off their pedestal. This current crop are not as clever as the last crop, and would fall like skittles.

I hope i'm still around to see the day, the town really does have its club back. Knowing the things I've learnt, seen and witnessed is a curse.

Anyway it was not my intention to write a long winded post and this was not directed at you, or anyone else in particular. 

Hats off to you Glen, for your fortitude under long suffering, and commitment to the cause.

I'm convinced that the dark forces still occupy the important ground at the club, and Mowbray is just the least worst option in the publicly visible driving seat for the moment. His demeanour on Tuesday was a dead giveaway - he was like a petulant teenager who'd been put in his place by a responsible adult - not the look of someone who actually wanted his team to come out on top. 

It begs the question - just what happens if the team does achieve a miracle and (through player power) makes the playoffs. What too if that translated to promotion back to the Prem? I can only imagine that represents some kind of existential crisis for this current load of swindlers, liars, crooks and ne'er do wells that have embedded themselves at the heart of Blackburn Rovers.

I guess we won't actually get to see that, but we will see the club in tatters once the last saleable assets are flogged.

VENKYS OUT, MOWBRAY OUT, GURNING CHEATING LIARS OUT!

5 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

We now have an element of support within our supporter base which is young youths, who can make going to a game somewhat intimidating.

Just baby faced drugged up shits, taking cocaine and not being able to handle their beer! Ruining the reputation of our away supporters which has a high standing in football circles!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Glen

if one does a bit of research on him before talking to him you will really get a sense of what he is about. He does not have the ability to bullshit those who are armed with knowledge of what's gone before. I would suggest trying it and then give your opinion on what you actually get from him. I did it and as an advocate for change I actually got more out of it than I had bargained for!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hedges was a panic buy!? 

We seemed to have been chasing him forever and negotiations to bring him in appeared to have started right at the beginning of the transfer window (if not earlier) 

More like a shady looking poor buy

For some reason yes TM has been chasing him for ages. It was a panic buy because we could have got him for free in Summer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

All those that have gone before him also gave far more than you bargained for. Keeping people on side is a tactic they master. They all had strong opinions regarding the manager, regarding change, appearing to be in agreement with you, whilst giving hope that there is a possible light at the end of the tunnel.

The truth is, none of them rock the boat behind closed doors. Their direct contact with the owners is minimal, and I'd have a guess that i've probably had more direct contact myself than those charged with running the show at Ewood.

I applaud anyone who has had an opportunity to say it how it is to the likes of Waggott, and respect their opinion on how they've found that expereience. For me the proof is in the pudding, and under his stewardship nothing has really changed, its just a different name on the door, protecting their own interest.

Keeping as many people as they can happy and therefore still turning up and spending money, is the name of the game. Everyone (Longsiders apart) who posts regularly on here love Rovers, but some have quite understandably stood up and questioned, what has gone on since Venky's turned up.

Some have done more than others to get rid of the chancers that came with them and some are now accepting the latest platitudes being spewed out by people like Waggott.

Until these owners have gone and been replaced by someone as passionate as most fans on here, the club will continue to suffer. It is the level of suffering that is debatable, nothing else, as there are definitely still chancers and crooks hidden in the shadows.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Glen

if one does a bit of research on him before talking to him you will really get a sense of what he is about. He does not have the ability to bullshit those who are armed with knowledge of what's gone before. I would suggest trying it and then give your opinion on what you actually get from him. I did it and as an advocate for change I actually got more out of it than I had bargained for!

So where's the change?

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I applaud anyone who has had an opportunity to say it how it is to the likes of Waggott, and respect their opinion on how they've found that expereience. For me the proof is in the pudding, and under his stewardship nothing has really changed, its just a different name on the door, protecting their own interest.

I liked the post Glen, spot on for the most part but I do take a slight issue with the final part.

You know more than most about the absolute shit show that was on offer when Agnew, Shelfy and Singh were here, I'd say Waggott has brought a more professional approach to the club, even though he's not good enough and the bar was set pretty low.

It heartens me to see the kids initiatives coming back to Ewood, see thousands of free kids places on offer, ticket initiatives too, even though they're poor for the most part, for those reasons alone I give the guy some respect.

Those other 3 morons couldn't find their arses with both hands, but they could find the keys to the Ewood Park till. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, booth said:

For some reason yes TM has been chasing him for ages. It was a panic buy because we could have got him for free in Summer.

He would have cost the club more if they had waited, its the way of football. By paying a small fee it saves on a larger signing on fee and puts an element of limit on wages! 

5 hours ago, 47er said:

So where's the change?

Do your research and find out for yourself. Its happening across many aspects of the footballing operation. I would respectfully suggest getting an appointment and going to have a chat with the powers that be. Only then will you get some self satisfaction and a real understanding of what is going on behind the scenes. You will see how it compares with your own opinion/views and thoughts as well as the opinions and views of other forum members.

41 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He would have cost the club more if they had waited, its the way of football. By paying a small fee it saves on a larger signing on fee and puts an element of limit on wages! 

See now when i mentioned something about signing on fees a few weeks back you jumped in and said Rovers don't do that now 🙄

• Like 2

The plethora of international call ups and recalls (in the case of Lenihan and Kaminski) reflects our good run and league position.

It also reveals what it takes to keep players and develop them. Having been mired in middle to lower league for the past seasons, despite some outstanding players for this league, players have stagnated and inevitably looked elsewhere to develop.

The retention of Kaminski, therefore, is a pleasant surprise, which goes against the grain. However, we won't keep him long if we sink back into our old ways.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

The plethora of international call ups and recalls (in the case of Lenihan and Kaminski) reflects our good run and league position.

It also reveals what it takes to keep players and develop them. Having been mired in middle to lower league for the past seasons, despite some outstanding players for this league, players have stagnated and inevitably looked elsewhere to develop.

The retention of Kaminski, therefore, is a pleasant surprise, which goes against the grain. However, we won't keep him long if we sink back into our old ways.

Dolan has been called up to England U20 squad too.

Edited by Gav

10 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Just baby faced drugged up shits, taking cocaine and not being able to handle their beer! Ruining the reputation of our away supporters which has a high standing in football circles!

Welcome to the 21st Century . 

Late 70s and 80s pissed up "youths" im sure were seen as  intimidating  as they they jumped out of their tranny vans...

Football violence now is nothing like it was back then...so lets not make out like  its something new...away followings have always had that edge.

And im 54 btw.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I've no idea if this is true or not, but are you saying Hedges signing on fee as a free agent would have been above £200,000?

In any case the obvious reason Mowbray wanted him quickly was because of Markanday's injury and no luck with any of his other targets.

If he had already agreed a contract for the summer, I very much doubt he willingly shaved over 200k off a potential signing on fee to join.

Youve also got the additional wage for half a season to consider, even if it was say 8k over 25 weeks that would be another 200k so how could he possibly have been cheaper now?

• Like 3

He won;t have been any cheaper at all that's just wishful thinking and it won't have been done to save a few quid, quite the opposite i'd suggest.  When you think about whoever brokered the deal and their cut added to the fee.

It's clear they just rushed this through for the sake of getting a body through the door with no clear plan of what to do with it. He'll probably turn out an ok player for a small outlay but it looks stupid when we've been struggling so much up top yet not using him.

• Like 1