BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think he might well have 'lost the dressing room' and he wont like that one little bit.  If he has, he's finished. 

Who’s going tell the idiots in India though? Maybe someone needs to lock him in the toilet before the matches. 

Also, did we give Rothwell a pay rise at half time or something? Barely moved first half, everywhere second half. Imagine he’s one of the ones TM describes as ‘no fire but has attributes’ 

12 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

We were 2nd and around 12 points clear of 7th 2 months ago. When all the games in hand play out - we might actually by 9th!

Rovers have not scored in 10 of 14 games.

Tonight he played a career CDM as a "false 9". His usual "false 9" has 4 career goals in 90 matches.

He's an imbecile, utter clueless. 

I've been Mowbray out for 3 years.... tonight was the absolute final nail in his coffin for me. 

Thrilled for the players, delighted with the win... furious with the "manager".

As I said we are fourth.  Not bad for an imbecile.

I wonder if Venus may have agreed with players who spoke up. It's widely known they have very differering opinions regarding how football should be played. Noticeable how anonymous on touchline TM was. If that is the case just walk now Tony. Does feel like something seismic occurred at HT.

• Like 3

Lucky to still be in the game at half time, but fair play for a rousing second half.

The win keeps our heads above the water in the top six, but we need to follow it up with another on Saturday.

The net result from a week of three home games is four points, which is quite poor.

A win on Saturday and we will look like genuine Play Off hopefuls again.

Anything else, after our recent struggles, will be insufficient.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

His body language here is shocking. I would really like him to admit he got it badly wrong in the first half, I would have more respect for him if he did.

To be fair, doesn't he say that he got selection wrong & should've changed 5 or 6 from Bristol City? I know it's not the same as saying that he shouldn't have played Johnson where he did, but he did admit to getting the selection wrong. 

Just now, martonrover said:

Lucky to still be in the game at half time, but fair play for a rousing second half.

The win keeps our heads above the water in the top six, but we need to follow it up with another on Saturday.

The net result from a week of three home games is four points, which is quite poor.

A win on Saturday and we will look like genuine Play Off hopefuls again.

Anything else, after our recent struggles, will be insufficient.

I'm hopeful that this is a 'turnaround' win that puts us back into a decent run.

No reason why it shouldn't as the fixture list has been quite decent to us in the run in.

• Like 3

The first half was a shambles. Reminded precisely of the 1st half vs. Fulham at Ewood. Lacklustre, lethargic and full of fear. Wharton had a terrible first half giving the ball away cheaply and really struggling with the movement on his side of the 3. JRC was a constant liability defensively and it was zero surprise Lenihan was giving him down the banks.

Start of the 2nd half was everything the first half wasn't. We are the most successful when we press so well from the front. vs. QPR is the most recent example that when we do so with pace and intent it generally turns the game in our favour.

Every goal was a little bit of class in its own way. Lovely corner and header for the first. Sensational flick from Dack for the 2nd and Giles doing exactly what he does best...along with Gallagher scoring with a thumping ('scuse the language) F*CKING HEADER!

Gallagher was f*cking revelation when he came on. I've said this several times previously that this makes the lad even more frustrating to me as we all know and he knows he CAN do it. Put yourself about lad and use that huge frame!!

Dack clearly energises the team. The crowd believe in him and so do the players. I'm worried we will get sucked in to playing him too much too early so I think a few more 30 min run outs are whats needed. The panic button was pushed tonight and he delivered which is tremendous but we need to be careful with the lad.

Was fantastic to come away having seen some GOOD goals and look up the table again.

We've clung on in there and we have our talismanic magic back, with the main man still to return. Another win Saturday vs. the Royals and we will head to the international break with real optimism in the squad and fire in our belly for the run in. Today reminded me so much of Sheff Utd which really kicked us on so let's hope today gives us the same impetus!

• Like 4

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Take it you have a nice plot of land on Mowbray Hill?

I'm not getting into Mowbray in / Mowbray out with you as its pointless. If you can't see it now, you never will.

say we do get in the play offs,what kind of warped formation is he going to come up in a really big match,especially away,he now cannot be trusted to send a team out on the pitch that functions,after tonight i think tony has lost the plot,the dressing room and many fans respect

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

To be fair, doesn't he say that he got selection wrong & should've changed 5 or 6 from Bristol City? I know it's not the same as saying that he shouldn't have played Johnson where he did, but he did admit to getting the selection wrong. 

Indeed he did.  I think he's drained and maybe upset by a tough week of disappointment.  Sure he knows we could have secured a play-off place this week.  

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He hasnt the dressing room at all. The players are playing for him as tonight result shows

Then why did he show zero emotion after the goals? Why did he look totally pissed off? Someone must have told him that his starting line up was absolutely useless. What was he thinking lining up with that? 

I’ve often wondered with our players think when he puts so many square pegs in round holes. He doesn’t like having players in the squad that have any character and might question his madness, he likes yes men like Elliot Bennet. Probably why Charlie Mulgrew was shipped out. The local journalists dared ask any difficult questions. He’s a horrible man(I’ve said this for seasons, he isn’t likeable, he’s a bitch),who is never wrong. That’s why he was so pissed off tonight. A few of our team grew some balls maybe and asked wtf he is doing. I always hoped it’d be Damien Johnson that might do this, but he’s just happy say with his coffee. 

• Like 5