BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

7 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm sure we all hope Gallagher has a upturn of fortune soon because we need him to show the form he displayed in early part of the season, scoring in every home league game up until November was it? I don't recall exactly.

Not quite.

4 in 9 home league games from August-November.

Edited by MarkBRFC

42 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not quite.

4 in 9 home league games from August-November.

As I said I wasn't sure.

But what I'm definitely sure of, is we all hope Gallagher has an upturn in fortunes soon, wouldn't you agree?

10 minutes ago, den said:

You should look at where he’s been since he left us Gav.

I'm only pulling your leg.

He was a phenomenal gaol scorer for the club, a proper striker as his record proves.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm only pulling your leg.

He was a phenomenal gaol scorer for the club, a proper striker as his record proves.

It's so sad from a football fans point of view seeing talent like Rhodes having  their career derailed and ability wiped out because as mostly always they chose to chase the bigger money. 

Probably the most natural goalscorer that we've had since Shearer(and Garner before him) 

Looks like Adam Armstrongs career is now also going that way 😞

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

13 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

It's so sad from a football fans point of view seeing talent like Rhodes having  their career derailed and ability wiped out because as mostly always they chose to chase the bigger money. 

Probably the most natural goalscorer that we've had since Shearer(and Garner before him) 

Looks like Adam Armstrongs career is now also going that way 😞

Matt Janson was a natural goal-scorer, so was Andy Cole. Both, in my opinion better than Rhodes or Armstrong.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

To be fair to Rhodes he was chasing the Prem dream and he knew he'd never get that here.  For all we know he took a pay cut to leave as here he was netting an alleged 45k pwk.  Even if it wasn't that it was def around 35 grand so if it was only about money he could have stayed until and seen out his deal.

Shame how its worked out as although he was never good enough for Prem football he is a lot better than the last few years have appeared.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

When u look at the job Cooper has done at forest in less than a year yet its taken Mowbray 5 years to have any kind of promotion push. This slow build is bollocks 

Cooper was fired by Swansea where he failed on a Premiership budget and took over at Forest after Hughton had spent over £20m at players.

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Cooper was fired by Swansea where he failed on a Premiership budget and took over at Forest after Hughton had spent over £20m at players.

He inherited a dysfunctional squad and turned it around.  How can u even argue about the job he's done in such a short space of time compared to mowbray's slow laboured bollocks 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

he left by mutual consent after losing the play off final,he took over at forest and transformed them into a dangerous side who play fast,attacking football,a facet that rovers fans can only dream about under your svengali mowbray

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He inherited a dysfunctional squad and turned it around.  How can u even argue about the job he's done in such a short space of time compared to mowbray's slow laboured bollocks 

Cooper is a class act - I know someone who has worked closely with him and football wise, he rates Cooper as one of the most intelligent coaches/managers he has come across.  One way or another, he'll soon be in the PL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Cooper is a class act - I know someone who has worked closely with him and football wise, he rates Cooper as one of the most intelligent coaches/managers he has come across.  One way or another, he'll soon be in the PL.

Maybe England manager one day. I know he's welsh but the job he did with the England under age teams was phenomenal 

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I’m not arguing about the job he’s done roverandout, but with over £20m spent on players by Hughton, it’s hardly comparable to us really is it?

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’m not arguing about the job he’s done roverandout, but with over £20m spent on players by Hughton, it’s hardly comparable to us really is it?

Mowbray has spent a good portion of money over the years with nothing to show for it 

52 minutes ago, rigger said:

Matt Janson was a natural goal-scorer, so was Andy Cole. Both, in my opinion better than Rhodes or Armstrong.

Cole in his prime, no question! One of the greatest in premier league history (as his stats make obvious) Cole in the 18 months or so he was here, we probably got 2 good monthsout of him. 

Jansen, great player for us obviously and had many attributes that made him a far superior player all around than Rhodes, but purely as a  "finisher" inside the area Rhodes was better, but Rhodes lack of attributes in most other areas meant he was not Premier league standard unlike Jansen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Cole in his prime, no question! One of the greatest in premier league history (as his stats make obvious) Cole in the 18 months or so he was here, we probably got 2 good monthsout of him. 

Jansen, great player for us obviously and had many attributes that made him a far superior player all around than Rhodes, but purely as a  "finisher" inside the area Rhodes was better, but Rhodes lack of attributes in most other areas meant he was not Premier league standard unlike Jansen

I will stand by my original quote. That in my opinion, Jansen and Cole were proven natural goalscorers, that were better than Rhodes and Armstrong.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Rhodes and Armstrong are not fit to lace the boots of either Cole or Jansen.

Cole and Jansen did it at the highest level with silverware and caps to show for it - if it hadn't been for Jansen's accident, I think he would have become a Rovers' 'great' with great reserved for the likes of Shearer, Tugay etc.

IMO, Rhodes was a 'flat track bully' found wanting at PL level whilst Armstrong seems to be in the same mould.

Comparisons really are nonsense.

Never forgive sven changing his mind about jansen and taking keown instead.