BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

on your point the new manager is starting from a standing start, well that's isn't correct cos the recruitment team have still be doing their work in the background and will have a different list for each position as we heard Mowbray confirm last week. Plus a new manager will be already without Nyambe and Rothwell cos they want to leave and move away from the area. Reason why they haven't sign a new contract

Looking at bringing in players who a new manager might not fancy in the slightest, or who might not be suitable for how they want us to play is stupid. Rushing through the Hedges signing was ridiculous for the same reasons.

If we are to change manager in the summer we should’ve got rid of Mowbray a few weeks ago and given a new man a head start, as well as a chance to salvage this season.

Why would Nyambe want to move away? He’s lived in Manchester since he came over from Namibia as a kid. He’s got family there and is heavily involved in his local church. He has been totally messed about throughout negotiations and wants a wage commensurate with his stature.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Hedges has yet to start a game and has about 80 mins total on the pitch since he arrived.

He has to learn the Blackburn Rovers way (AKA we don't know where to play him or we've had a look at him and hes shit)

Something tells me he'll be starting next season regularly when we are down to bare bones again.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

You're assuming that a new manager would actually want any players on such a list, that he wouldn't have a list of his own, and that the recruitment team themselves would still be at the club.

Any manager worth his salt would pick his own players.

Just because Mowbray says he is planning for next season, in spite of not knowing whether he knows himself whether he'll be here or not, doesn't mean that they actually are.

We have a recruitment team who would have scouted loads and loads of players. Also should the club stand still over recruitment over whether Mowbray stays or not? Are Manchester United or Watford standing still over the potential doubt over who the manager will be for next season? Plus it who the next manager is worth their salt would be interesting by that work and work with the recruitment team in place. 

the club is planning for next season regardless whether Mowbray stays or not. 

What happens if we appoint John Park as Director of football then appoint first team head coach not a manager?

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Looking at bringing in players who a new manager might not fancy in the slightest, or who might not be suitable for how they want us to play is stupid. Rushing through the Hedges signing was ridiculous for the same reasons.

If we are to change manager in the summer we should’ve got rid of Mowbray a few weeks ago and given a new man a head start, as well as a chance to salvage this season.

sadly the football club doesn't stand still whoever the manager is in terms of recruitment. The recruitment team still have jobs to do and we shouldn't stop scouting, talking to players's agents or coming on with different lists of players. 

Well Miller we disagree on your last sentence and I think Mowbray should be given the season. 

On the whether we have a new manager for next season, who knows. We have to see after the season has ended what we do regarding this issue. 

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Why would Nyambe want to move away? He’s lived in Manchester since he came over from Namibia as a kid. He’s got family there and is heavily involved in his local church. He has been totally messed about throughout negotiations and wants a wage commensurate with his stature.

My point was moving away from Blackburn Rovers and trying a new club whether its local to Manchester or maybe not

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

You came with this excuse when we didn't sign Harrison Reed - rather than hold the club in any way responsible you suggested that there was never any prospect of keeping him here because his girlfriend wanted to be on the South Coast and wouldn't allow him to move to a club 'up north'. Where that came from I don't know but at least it heaps it all on the player and his personal life/preferences rather than anyone at Rovers end for dropping a clanger or missing out on a good signing.

Its was yourself who posted this info as I proven time after time. Its was you who posted this info. Here the link to your post. 

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/33765-summer-transfer-window-2019/?do=findComment&comment=1960681

I don't but I do know that Rothwell is a Manchester lad who has spent all his career bar a couple of seasons in the NW of England. I do know he has a young family in the area and has been settled here for 4 years. I also know Ryan Nyambe has been settled here since he was a boy. I suspect all this comes from the Bournemouth Rothwell saga since when you have decided that he wants to move to the other end of the country come what may, or because you expect Nyambe might end up abroad somewhere which you have transformed into the motive rather than the consequence of his departure from Rovers.

Like I said to you in March I am fully aware of all the above. same argument again from you but I have heard that he andn his missus want to move back down south I am also aware of Nyambe's background thanks but have you ever thought he might to move to different club and try something new. 

I'm not interested in hard luck sob stories about wage structures or FFP.

You aren't interested in wage structure and FFP when its suits you. sadly this is reality of running a football club even tho the club should be doing more to increase non match day revenue, attract more fans and have more activities going on whether its on a match day or non match day

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have a recruitment team who would have scouted loads and loads of players. Also should the club stand still over recruitment over whether Mowbray stays or not? Are Manchester United or Watford standing still over the potential doubt over who the manager will be for next season? Plus it who the next manager is worth their salt would be interesting by that work and work with the recruitment team in place. 

What happens if we appoint John Park as Director of football then appoint first team head coach not a manager?

After all these years, do you genuinely forsee a smooth summer whereby the managerial situation will be dealt with and recruitment will be ongoing throughout without massive delays and confusion?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its was yourself who posted this info as I proven time after time. Its was you who posted this info. Here the link to your post. 

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/33765-summer-transfer-window-2019/?do=findComment&comment=1960681

I think you'll find that comment was very much tongue in cheek hence the second sentence about what would have happened had United come in for him - he would have moved.

You had persistently posted prior to that claiming as fact Reed would never move up North. I was responding sarcastically to that claim because in this day and age professional footballers go where the best offer is for them and their career, not restrict themselves and their career because the weather is nicer down south.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was moving away from Blackburn Rovers and trying a new club whether its local to Manchester or maybe not

Plus a new manager will be already without Nyambe and Rothwell cos they want to leave and move away from the area. Reason why they haven't sign a new contract

That isn’t how your quote read.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think you'll find that comment was very much tongue in cheek hence the second sentence about what would have happened had United come in for him - he would have moved.

You had persistently posted prior to that claiming as fact Reed would never move up North. I was responding sarcastically to that claim because in this day and age professional footballers go where the best offer is for them and their career, not restrict themselves and their career because the weather is nicer down south.

Ditto for managers. We kept being told that Eddie Howe wouldn't move up north again...........

One of the main issues through Venkys reign is the structure or lack of it running the club over here. At most clubs it is solid and stable and allows change and transition. Managerial changes are inevitable and all part and parcel of football and clubs have to be set up in a way to deal with this so it has minimal impact on everything else outside of the team.

Not here, not by a long way. Agencies run it then family friend tv pundits and programme editors have a go and in between there is a shelf seller and a couple of snake oil corporate types.  Until 5 years ago when a first team manager head coach or whatever he calls himself seemingly took over the running of the whole football operation.

We are on dodgy ground again with this fella and his minions if there is a parting of the ways not to his liking. So no, whatever happens or whether it turned out for the good or not one thing is guaranteed it won't be smooth.

• Like 5

If Mowbray is leaving in summer (please god) why on earth should he have any say whatsoever in recruitment for next season? The new guy might not fancy his targets and if past form is anything to go by he'd just end up signing more garbage like Hedges anyway.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You make it out like we're Ajax with a DNA of total football, or Barca with a DNA of tika-taka, where the recuitment is consistent year after year irrespective of who the manager is.

Even with Mowbray in charge for 4 consecutive summers, our summer recruitment efforts have been ad-hoc and last minute at best.

Why you expect the recruitment this summer to somehow improve, whilst we're potentially going through a change of manager, is beyond me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

One of the main issues through Venkys reign is the structure or lack of it running the club over here. At most clubs it is solid and stable and allows change and transition. Managerial changes are inevitable and all part and parcel of football and clubs have to be set up in a way to deal with this so it has minimal impact on everything else outside of the team.

Not here, not by a long way. Agencies run it then family friend tv pundits and programme editors have a go and in between there is a shelf seller and a couple of snake oil corporate types.  Until 5 years ago when a first team manager head coach or whatever he calls himself seemingly took over the running of the whole football operation.

We are on dodgy ground again with this fella and his minions if there is a parting of the ways not to his liking. So no, whatever happens or whether it turned out for the good or not one thing is guaranteed it won't be smooth.

Its good to know that others realise what happened.

Mowbray then as part of his package was then allowed to install his mates in other key positions.

When they eventually depart, all of them together, it will be chaos.

BUT ... that it for the future ... there are houses still to be built.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If Mowbray is leaving in summer (please god) why on earth should he have any say whatsoever in recruitment for next season? The new guy might not fancy his targets and if past form is anything to go by he'd just end up signing more garbage like Hedges anyway.

It probably makes little sense to have Mowbray involved in recruitment should he leave, but lets not pretend that his transfer record is just an accumulation of rubbish as you imply.

Could I have an answer please regarding my question on whether anything has happened since the excitement from earlier this season regarding Venkys plans?

It may have been discussed, however how do people think about the academy being downgraded to Cat2? I thought that was venkys baby and they would always fund it? And to be fair the academy has been one of their very few successes

1 hour ago, AAK said:

It may have been discussed, however how do people think about the academy being downgraded to Cat2? I thought that was venkys baby and they would always fund it? And to be fair the academy has been one of their very few successes

There are greater problems at the club, than the level of the academy.

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Where has this rumour come from. There’s nothing in the press or internet. Is it someone stirring the shit again.

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Source?Joke if it is true 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

What does it actually entail going from Cat to Cat 2 ?

Just a cut in numbers ?  Grants ?  Or a wholesale downgrade of everything ?

I can’t think of another example where a club has deliberately dropped its Cat 1 status. You can lose it by failing to provide the required hours or standards of coaching or not having facilities and infrastructure to meet the minimum requirements. We’d lose funding, play is weaker leagues, and perhaps most importantly lose out on even more talented young players to one of the 6 other top level academies within an hours drive.

Other clubs have deliberately cut back and been downgraded… but not from a poison such as hours where we have a long established, top tier academy that we supposedly rely upon for “the model”.

If there is any truth to this story it would be a typical Waggott pennywise pound foolish idea, another clear indicator of managed decline, a further tarnishing of Jack’s legacy.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I can’t think of another example where a club has deliberately dropped its Cat 1 status. You can lose it by failing to provide the required hours or standards of coaching or not having facilities and infrastructure to meet the minimum requirements. We’d lose funding, play is weaker leagues, and perhaps most importantly lose out on even more talented young players to one of the 6 other top level academies within an hours drive.

Other clubs have deliberately cut back and been downgraded… but not from a poison such as hours where we have a long established, top tier academy that we supposedly rely upon for “the model”.

If there is any truth to this story it would be a typical Waggott pennywise pound foolish idea, another clear indicator of managed decline, a further tarnishing of Jack’s legacy.

It really isn't an option is it.

Anyone with a smart brain would seek additional outside sponsorship for it to help with increasing costs, I agrre though it's likely to be a Waggot reduce costs make himself look good move.

Lets not let this top 6 fight cover over what was happening not long ago. There are forces at work down there who want this so they can move sites, downscale and make money. Self interest is the watchword here but just who is debatable.

I'd feel better if that guy was on his way in summer before anybody else.

• Like 2

Would anyone be in the slightest bit annoyed if it were true that Mowbray has a deal lined up to join a Championship club in the summer?  That he was advising the out of contract three, not to sign elsewhere (there’s upto 4x what’s on the table at Rovers on offer elsewhere - it’s 100% about the money) because he will be able to offer them deals at his new club?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Would anyone be in the slightest bit annoyed if it were true that Mowbray has a deal lined up to join a Championship club in the summer?  That he was advising the out of contract three, not to sign elsewhere (there’s upto 4x what’s on the table at Rovers on offer elsewhere - it’s 100% about the money) because he will be able to offer them deals at his new club?

No him leaving would far outway any traiterish shenanigans 

• Like 6