BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

I've heard it from several different sources that Lowe was actually sacked at one point, and then personally rehired by Balaji.

I think this was around the Lambert/Coyle times.

I think he left the club during the Gary Bowyer days, then strangely or surprisingly made a comeback. Since then a part of the furniture.

Certainly makes me wonder.

• Like 1

I will say 6.5… I was genuinely glad when we got him. He had a knack for getting teams promoted, or being in position for same.

TM obviously knows talent, especially bringing in older guys & squeezing 1 or 2 more years out of them, and in development of younger players, and finding great loaners. 

As a tactician, he’s a real head-scratcher. if we stay in playoff places, it is more a case of “in spite of him”, than “because of him.” He had a great chance to win undying devotion from our fandom from @Luton to Bristol, a run of nine games; unfortunately, we got 6 points from those nine. Poor, by any measurement.

Give him a barbecue testimonial dinner, and a hearty, “thank you”. At this point, I would not be interested to re-sign him. Only his 2nd promotion at Rovers would merit that. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

4/10, below average of the most average of managers of the dinosaur era , he gets a few points for signings, and a few points for some decent runs that have kept us away from relegation  , rest is all negative I’m afraid that I won’t go into as it’s already been said 

plead that he is gone in the summer, club needs a new direction , I think majority of the fans are bored of this regime 

• Like 2

On 27/03/2022 at 20:13, chaddyrovers said:

surely that would be logically since they are Mowbray's appointment tho Kaminski has praised Benson coaching method and getting the best from him. 

A new manager/head coach should be allow to bring in his own staff to a point.  

Have you seen Kaminski's distribution lately ?

• Like 1

I think that there are two ways of looking at the situation.

That Venkys are just letting his contract run down before he leaves and someone else is appointed in the summer, or they are aware of our League position and are waiting to see how we finish before deciding.

And then the alternative which is that Venkys haven't the slightest clue nor interest in results, and that the inertia is because they don't care and don't look at us until the summer.

I know which I think is the case, and I fully expect them to offer Mowbray new terms when they can be bothered looking at us.

Doesn't really help the situation if they are trying to re-sign or line up players.

I suspect though that this might be down to him and himself deciding if he wants to carry on rather than there being no hint of an offer. I've thought for two years now the fella needs a break from football, he knows it but can't put it down yet every mid season he looks a beaten man.

Needs to put his own health first for a bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Doesn't really help the situation if they are trying to re-sign or line up players.

I suspect though that this might be down to him and himself deciding if he wants to carry on rather than there being no hint of an offer. I've thought for two years now the fella needs a break from football, he knows it but can't put it down yet every mid season he looks a beaten man.

This is my take. I reckon he's deflecting the conversation while he himself decides what he wants to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I think that there are two ways of looking at the situation.

That Venkys are just letting his contract run down before he leaves and someone else is appointed in the summer, or they are aware of our League position and are waiting to see how we finish before deciding.

And then the alternative which is that Venkys haven't the slightest clue nor interest in results, and that the inertia is because they don't care and don't look at us until the summer.

I know which I think is the case, and I fully expect them to offer Mowbray new terms when they can be bothered looking at us.

It's a farce we are in this situation but the owners must have some interest in what has been going on this season or Rothwell would have been sold like the manager wanted

• Like 1

I think for Mowbray it will come down to what, if anything, they offer him in the summer.

Quite clear there was a break down in communications of sorts around January 2021 which led to his demeanour over the second half of last season. No summit meeting since 2019 and would you believe it the money dries up and sales start for the first time in his reign.

I think he was pretty unhappy with things last year and managers with more clout behind them would possibly have walked but I think Mowbray knows that for all his talk about how hard his life is, what a family man he is and the difficult commute that he's actually on a real winner here at a great old club with great facilities/academy and has control over things as he likes it. No pressure from supporters, media or directors, owners happy to pick up the tab every year with no demands on performance. I doubt there's another professional club in the world with such little scrutiny, pressure or accountability.

If he gets another summer of silence, sales and zero money to spend then even he might ask whats the point. But if he gets his Pune meeting, they promise to give him some cash to spend and tell him what a nice man he is I'm sure he won't want to turn that down. Simply getting on a plane to India will tell us and the owners that he is interested in staying and he's not going to be taken there to be sacked or told they're appointing someone else.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's a farce we are in this situation but the owners must have some interest in what has been going on this season or Rothwell would have been sold like the manager wanted

Or the other way of looking at it is that the owners must approve player sales and those on the ground couldn't get that approval and as such Rothwell stayed.

That doesn't mean that Venkys are watching results and performances and then made a conscious decision to retain Rothwell to improve our promotion prospects. I think it is more likely that their permission to sell him in January simply couldn't be obtained by those on the ground at Ewood.

We know they don't communicate and don't move quickly. Perfectly realistic that they had calls and emails requesting authority to sell Rothwell and they didn't bother picking up the phone or making a decision in time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

And ours as well.

• Like 1

We all deserve to know where we stand and so does he.

We never have though under this ownership its always been toe our line we do what we want when we want. We pay most of the bills so be grateful *insert Bury/Bolton/Sun'land etc *  if you're a telerag or faceache poster.

The worry here for me is that it sounds like they won't even be discussing it until the summer. Yet again Venkys handling things at a snail's pace and risking a new manager being in situ far too late for us to be effective in the transfer market. Hell even when we know the manager we have a recurring problem of fully knowing our budget weeks after the window is open.

That's the problem by the looks of it - take as long as you want Tony then let us know.  Or we'll let you know when and if we are offering you anything.

Either way the club and fans are in the dark yet again and we'll probably end up cobbling a side together.

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You would assume, unless he somehow gets himself out to India, that he’ll be off come the summer:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20036611.tony-mowbray-discusses-blackburn-rovers-future/

Reading the interview 3 times now, my thoughts is he is leaving in the summer maybe even if we get promote and Venkys don't seems in a rush to even have talks with him. I wonder if they have decide to change manager and they were rumours last season that Rovers wanted to change manager and some of Mowbray's comments seems to imply that he expect him to leave last summer and be sack. The rumours from different people on here where 4 managers was approach and none was interested in the job. 

I think Waggott wanted to change manager last seasons and even after the Fulham 7 nil home loss last season, Mowbray and Waggott held talks about him possible leaving until we beat Sheffield United in one of the best performances of the season so far. 

I think a change is needed with a new manager with fresh ideas, coaching methods and tactics for next season

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Reading the interview 3 times now, my thoughts is he is leaving in the summer maybe even if we get promote and Venkys don't seems in a rush to even have talks with him. I wonder if they have decide to change manager and they were rumours last season that Rovers wanted to change manager and some of Mowbray's comments seems to imply that he expect him to leave last summer and be sack. The rumours from different people on here where 4 managers was approach and none was interested in the job. 

I think Waggott wanted to change manager last seasons and even after the Fulham 7 nil home loss last season, Mowbray and Waggott held talks about him possible leaving until we beat Sheffield United in one of the best performances of the season so far. 

I think a change is needed with a new manager with fresh ideas, coaching methods and tactics for next season

Venkys are never in a rush. They dont give a shit. In the summer when I moan that other teams are gaining an advantage on us as we wait for Venkys to allow whoever to fly over and have a few hours of their precious time, you will overpower everyone on here saying how "thats just how they work" as if that token line in anyway justifies that way or indeed makes its seem reasonable. Same every summer.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Venkys are never in a rush. They dont give a shit. In the summer when I moan that other teams are gaining an advantage on us as we wait for Venkys to allow whoever to fly over and have a few hours of their precious time, you will overpower everyone on here saying how "thats just how they work" as if that token line in anyway justifies that way or indeed makes its seem reasonable. Same every summer.

Who says that the new appointment will meet him before we appoint them or will they let Pasha and Waggott select them or will we use a certain agency. Who knows but that's a question for the summer and after the next 7 games.

Any new appointment needs to made before the end of May/first week of June. I know who I would be looking at shortlist wise if we picking a new manager without any restrictions or having to use a certain agency. 

If you want to keep moaning and criticise their way they work then so be it, you would have thought by now you would have accepted it and move on to other things. Cos you can't change it so why focus on it so much

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who says that the new appointment will meet him before we appoint them or will they let Pasha and Waggott select them or will we use a certain agency. Who knows but that's a question for the summer and after the next 7 games.

Any new appointment needs to made before the end of May/first week of June. I know who I would be looking at shortlist wise if we picking a new manager without any restrictions or having to use a certain agency. 

If you want to keep moaning and criticise their way they work then so be it, you would have thought by now you would have accepted it and move on to other things. Cos you can't change it so why focus on it so much

We cant change anything, the manager, the tactics, the subs, the transfers, nothing. What sort of backwards logic is it that we cant change it therefore we should accept it and never mention it? Why have the messageboard at all? It will keep holding us back and as long as it does ill keep moaning about it as will many others.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You would assume, unless he somehow gets himself out to India, that he’ll be off come the summer:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20036611.tony-mowbray-discusses-blackburn-rovers-future/

Not a single mention of trying to retrieve the season and secure a play off place.

Still, as long as he's looking forward to his hols with his family.............

What an absolute joke, 4 seasons in the Championship, £80 -£90m of the owners money down the pan and half of the first eleven departing for nothing in the summer.

Fuck off Mowbray. When you depart we might finally have a chance to move forward forward for the first time in years.

Only 7 games to go. Hopefully. 

• Like 2

The same owners that have prevented us from moving forward in 11 years will still be here in the summer.

Obsession with picking apart the managers pre match interviews are still a pathetic load of bollocks. I heard his interview on the official site, he was on about the players finishing the season and making it one to remember for the rest of their lifes. He was also discussing how we could get the necessary points to achieve that. Does that fit the narrative that he is fed up beyond caring? Maybe not.