BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

• Backroom
7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Can I have an exact quote that in context is Mowbray saying that he doesnt care about being Rovers manager?

He didnt look at the end of the game like someone who didnt care. Its bollocks.

An interview marking his 5 years at the club:

'Any highlights in your time at Rovers, Tony?'

'No.'

He doesn't give a shiny shite.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

An interview marking his 5 years at the club:

'Any highlights in your time at Rovers, Tony?'

'No.'

He doesn't give a shiny shite.

Can you post the link please Mike?

• Backroom
54 minutes ago, Gav said:

Can you post the link please Mike?

My mistake, 4 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-brockhall-anniversary-19898744.amp

At the bottom:

'And I know you're not big on milestones but four years at a football club is a pretty big achievement, is there anything that stands out in your time as manager that you take great pride in? A proud memory or a favourite moment?

No.'

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My mistake, 4 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-brockhall-anniversary-19898744.amp

At the bottom:

'And I know you're not big on milestones but four years at a football club is a pretty big achievement, is there anything that stands out in your time as manager that you take great pride in? A proud memory or a favourite moment?

No.'

I agree with him. There is absolutely nothing about his time as manager to take any pride in. Well the division 3 promotion in a bald man finding a comb sort of way. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, matt83 said:

I agree with him. There is absolutely nothing about his time as manager to take any pride in. Well the division 3 promotion in a bald man finding a comb sort of way. 

For a manager to say it, though, is piss poor.

And let's be fair, we were all pretty happy at the time.

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My mistake, 4 years.

At the bottom:

No.'

Tosser.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

For a manager to say it, though, is piss poor.

And let's be fair, we were all pretty happy at the time.

Absolutely. It’s totally disrespectful to those fans who have enjoyed parts of his reign and at the end of the day Tony fucking Mowbray has been given the opportunity to manage Blackburn Rovers. He should be so lucky. He’ll never manage a club with the history of ours again at best chesterfield might not turn their nose up at him this time round.

Ps. I wasn’t personally happy with his appointment, I didn’t even know he was still managing, but I was over the moon at Coyle leaving. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My mistake, 4 years.

At the bottom:

No.'

Thanks for posting that Mike, it gives some context, he was obviously pissed off with Baynes questions, thats quite clear.

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

Absolutely. It’s totally disrespectful to those fans who have enjoyed parts of his reign and at the end of the day Tony fucking Mowbray has been given the opportunity to manage Blackburn Rovers. He should be so lucky. He’ll never manage a club with the history of ours again at best chesterfield might not turn their nose up at him this time round.

Ps. I wasn’t personally happy with his appointment, I didn’t even know he was still managing, but I was over the moon at Coyle leaving. 

He has delusions of grandeur - I gather it's because he's a bit thick.

He fancies himself as a tactical genius - I recall during the 2021 death spiral that he didn't feel the need to explain his tactics to the fans, as an individual who has been involved in football man and boy he was simply operating on a different level and it wasn't worth his time. 

If the Venkys offer him a new contract there'll be one more empty seat in the Jack Walker Stand next season - I can't stand the bloke and his ineptitude. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

Every man and his dog knows Mowbray doesn't care. He's said as much himself.

I would say he does care and you just need to see his interview with the Sky Football highlights. 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I feel sorry for the players. They did so well to get us into that position against the odds and should have at the very least have had a play-off attempt at the big time.

Their efforts have been totally undermined and wasted by the owners and this manager. Those players deserved better yet through negligence, ineptitude, incompetence and ignorance we've shot ourselves in the foot. This isn't on the players for not trying hard enough, caring or understanding what is needed, or because they are young and inexperienced.

This is on the owners for not caring, and the manager for overseeing the biggest collapse in Championship memory.

If the manager was able to acknowledge this fact I might have some respect for him. But instead all he's bothered about is ensuring he gets a new contract in the summer and will publicly blame the collective player group for his failings. Unforgivable. 

does Mowbray not get any praise for picking the players, changing formation and tactics for that great run? 

Also do the players get a free pass for missing great chances to score and defending poorly or is it all Mowbray's fault? 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say he does care and you just need to see his interview with the Sky Football highlights. 

does Mowbray not get any praise for picking the players, changing formation and tactics for that great run? 

Also do the players get a free pass for missing great chances to score and defending poorly or is it all Mowbray's fault? 

we would`nt have been in any trouble if mowbray had`nt started with a team shape that was footballing suicide,credit to him if he changed it half time but this has happened dozens of times,i don`t care what level you play at,you can`t just play for 45 minutes and expect to get wins

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we would`nt have been in any trouble if mowbray had`nt started with a team shape that was footballing suicide,credit to him if he changed it half time but this has happened dozens of times,i don`t care what level you play at,you can`t just play for 45 minutes and expect to get wins

That’s been his story for the last 5 years. The 45 minute man.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray had ample praise for the first half of the season. Unfortunately the results since January haven't just been mediocre - if they had we'd be finishing in the top 6 - but they have been, frankly, a disgrace. 

Managers don't survive in the real world of football for having a good start to the season or a good run of form 5 months ago. Or a promotion 4 years ago. They are judged on the here and now - and whether we are top of the league or bottom results have been appalling for months.

No - I am not accepting the excuse of players missing great chances to score or defending poorly - Mowbray takes responsibility. I don't even accept we have had lots of great chances to score - of course we have missed some chances, every team in the world will have at least some chances that can be pointed at as examples - but no, because managers live or die by results in the real world and if chances are being missed that is either because the players he has signed and picked aren't up to the job or because we aren't efficient enough as a team at taking chances when they come. 

Yes on occasions where we defend poorly it is Mowbray's responsibility. You don't sack players when results are poor, it is the manager that goes.

It is a real shame the way things have gone, but not unexpected. But even I have to admit - as a major doubter of Mowbray - even I am impressed by the magnitude of this collapse. 

If you want to pin this collapse on some chances being missed where we should have scored, a few injuries or defensive mistakes then more fool you, because the run we are on suggests something much bigger than these temporary issues, it points to a manager who is lost. Head has gone, doesn't know what to do, repeating the same tailspins of years past but longer and more severe. 

Watching the game yesterday - it was a microcosm of Mowbray's management.

Another 45 minute performance. Picked the wrong team and system. Appalling start, lucky to not be buried by half time. A few changes obvious to most people results in a clear and immediate turnaround. Then the final Mowbray trait - unable to see it out and letting the good work slip in the last minute. Happened time and time again.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

I feel sorry for the players. They did so well to get us into that position against the odds and should have at the very least have had a play-off attempt at the big time.

Their efforts have been totally undermined and wasted by the owners and this manager. Those players deserved better yet through negligence, ineptitude, incompetence and ignorance we've shot ourselves in the foot. This isn't on the players for not trying hard enough, caring or understanding what is needed, or because they are young and inexperienced.

This is on the owners for not caring, and the manager for overseeing the biggest collapse in Championship memory.

If the manager was able to acknowledge this fact I might have some respect for him. But instead all he's bothered about is ensuring he gets a new contract in the summer and will publicly blame the collective player group for his failings. Unforgivable. 

Why is it ALWAYS THE OWNERS FAULT, Mowbray has had money to spend, why did he not get someone in when malarkey whatever the lads name is got injured, (free agent whatever it is) kept playing Buckley as a false 9, keeps playing Gallagher on the wing, drops players at will. no mate this is on Mowbray and his piss poor coaches.

• Like 4

if you play a settled system everyone gets to know their job,as long as you have all eleven putting 100% as a fan you can`t complain,mowbray obviously does`nt adhere to this,did ferguson change the way man utd played week by week,does klopp look at the opposition,**** himself and change the system,no they go out and play the same way every week,drives me ****** nuts when i see the the line up every week,seriously,i`ll be off watching accy stanley or chorley if mowbray is still here next season,we should have been virtually guaranteed in the play offs by now

Still livid about yesterday, he just doesn't learn! The guy is a complete & utter cockwomble!

Please let the Stoke rumours be true. I wanted the bloke gone 2-3 years ago & haven't changed my mind. Even on our run to get us 2nd in the league, I kept saying to people "just wait until after Christmas.....". Every sodding year, the same shit. I wouldn't mind if he could admit he keeps getting it wrong, but he's such an arrogant prick. He really does make my piss boil!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray had ample praise for the first half of the season. Unfortunately the results since January haven't just been mediocre - if they had we'd be finishing in the top 6 - but they have been, frankly, a disgrace. 

Managers don't survive in the real world of football for having a good start to the season or a good run of form 5 months ago. Or a promotion 4 years ago. They are judged on the here and now - and whether we are top of the league or bottom results have been appalling for months.

No Results have been poor and don't think anyone has said otherwise but we are still in the playoff picture and the Blackpool game is a must win. A playoff place is still there if we can win 4 or 5 games in the last 6 games

No - I am not accepting the excuse of players missing great chances to score or defending poorly - Mowbray takes responsibility. I don't even accept we have had lots of great chances to score - of course we have missed some chances, every team in the world will have at least some chances that can be pointed at as examples - but no, because managers live or die by results in the real world and if chances are being missed that is either because the players he has signed and picked aren't up to the job or because we aren't efficient enough as a team at taking chances when they come. 

Yes on occasions where we defend poorly it is Mowbray's responsibility. You don't sack players when results are poor, it is the manager that goes.

Sorry but this is just pain wrong. The players have to take some responsibly for their role in our current run but your opinion allow them off again for their role in this current run

If you want to pin this collapse on some chances being missed where we should have scored, a few injuries or defensive mistakes then more fool you, because the run we are on suggests something much bigger than these temporary issues, it points to a manager who is lost. Head has gone, doesn't know what to do, repeating the same tailspins of years past but longer and more severe. 

You got to step back and look at the overall situation and why we have gone on this bad run. Mowbray is being too stubborn with his tactics at the start of the game and hopefully against Blackpool we will be back to 4 at the back and playing 4-2-3-1 formation like we should have been doing in recent games 

Watching the game yesterday - it was a microcosm of Mowbray's management.

Another 45 minute performance. Picked the wrong team and system. Appalling start, lucky to not be buried by half time. A few changes obvious to most people results in a clear and immediate turnaround. Then the final Mowbray trait - unable to see it out and letting the good work slip in the last minute. Happened time and time again.

I have watched the full game this morning and yes the first performance and the starting 11 was unacceptable. I slammed the starting line up and the formation several times in the match thread. Mowbray got his wrong yesterday again. But we made 2 changes and look a very different team and should have won.