BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

7 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Probably right. In which case I'm certain we'll get relegated next season.

We won’t. It’s worse than getting relegated. Because he has this habit of creating hope and then flattening us with a Mowbray death spiral.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

This team is a manifestation of the manager. Devoid of ideas and passion. When did we last score in last min or injury time to win or save a game under TM? We do manage to consistently concede late on.

100% and something I’ve raised before. Good managers find ways to gain points at the death. As you quite rightly allude to, I could count on one hand how many times we’ve won matches very late on, or in injury time, under Mowbray. He’s a piss poor manager who I can’t wait to see the back of.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

We won’t. It’s worse than getting relegated. Because he has this habit of creating hope and then flattening us with a Mowbray death spiral.

Weren’t you telling us all he’s already signed for another club?  Apologies if I have the wrong person. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rigger said:

I wonder what will be announced first. Season ticket prices, or Mowbray getting a new contract ?

Season ticket prices should be announce next week according to an email I received from the club on Monday. 

Has Mowbray has said repeatedly that there is no discussions going on between him and club over a new contract. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Season ticket prices should be announce next week according to an email I received from the club on Monday. 

Has Mowbray has said repeatedly that there is no discussions going on between him and club over a new contract. 

I thought that was last week?

Should be? How do they not know?

I'm most interested now in whether we can manage a bottom half finish. Only 5 points to go and if Swansea win their game in hand it will be 3.

I'm already resigned to us dropping below Preston after they beat us at Deepdale.

Both will be monumental achievements considering where we were in February.

This manager should hang his head in shame and resign in embarrassment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

End of June ffs was hoping mid to late May at the latest. We’re going to finish 10th marking one of the biggest capitulations going and he’s going to talk himself into a new contract isn’t he. If that happens I’m done. 

I firmly believe that if he gets on the plane to India he will get a new deal simply because these owners don't have the bollocks to sack him face to face. The whole club needs exorcising with the cabal of Mowbray, Venus, Waggott and Pasha confined to the history books. I would include the owners in that list if there was a realistic chance of them going.

• Like 8

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I emailed the club on Monday and received a reply on Monday afternoon

Don't know. Just posted what the reply said 

I know you don't know I'm just baffled as to why the Club are saying 'should be' next week.

Do they not even know themselves? What sort of organisation is this?

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm most interested now in whether we can manage a bottom half finish. Only 5 points to go and if Swansea win their game in hand it will be 3.

I'm already resigned to us dropping below Preston after they beat us at Deepdale.

Both will be monumental achievements considering where we were in February.

This manager should hang his head in shame and resign in embarrassment.

They would have to also beat Fulham away on 19th, tough call.

They will beat us after we lose to Stoke.

They could well finish above us at season end which not too long ago looked an absolute impossibility.

As mentioned above if he goes to India he's getting a contract no doubt whatsoever otherwise he wouldn't be invited over. When they want rid they get someone else to do it they won't drag a delegation several thousand miles just to sit there and be told thanks but no thanks.

He'll say we've improved this season on last and he'll go one better next time. He'll sight Brereton as his latest project success and recommend selling him and re-investing.  They'll say ok you can have his wages in the budget and 500k for another young player, that's the deal.

He'll say fine where do i sign.

• Like 2

Easy street...

• Owner's who don't know their Arse from their Elbow and appear to have no expectations or targets.

• His best mate is CEO and is another picking up big wages for nothing.

• A largely apathetic fan base who have been ground down over a decade.

Round and round we go,where this finishes God only knows.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As mentioned above if he goes to India he's getting a contract no doubt whatsoever otherwise he wouldn't be invited over. When they want rid they get someone else to do it they won't drag a delegation several thousand miles just to sit there and be told thanks but no thanks.

He'll say we've improved this season on last and he'll go one better next time. He'll sight Brereton as his latest project success and recommend selling him and re-investing.  They'll say ok you can have his wages in the budget and 500k for another young player, that's the deal.

Well as he keeps telling us his job is to develop these young boys.

That seems to be his main role there. Managing a football team and winning games seems to be secondary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, booth said:

Well as he keeps telling us his job is to develop these young boys.

That seems to be his main role there. Managing a football team and winning games seems to be secondary.

If that were true he wouldn't play loan players, Johnson or anyone.

He'd be playing Jake Garrett, he'd be giving Vale more of a chance.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Definitely this.

Think they will be careful about the timing though, because Mowbray and Waggott will know this will upset a lot of supporters and players, so they'll let the dust settle on this season and leave uncertainty on his future.

The lack of clarity and communication with the owners just the way they operate. Think people are reading too much into the silence. They're just silent on all things and have been since before Covid.

Think quite a few of our remaining players will be looking for transfers away if he gets a new deal. Think too much has gone on here for that relationship to be repaired.

• Like 2

The performance v Derby second half was superb and a throw back to what made us decent in the first place. Since then bar a brief flurry at Coventry just about everything has resembled the first half v Derby.

Something has gone wrong somewhere it's like a switch has been flicked , it's also sounded at times like he's been trying to get them back onside and he's terrified of having a go at them now. They've just switched off and i agree i suspect a few have had enough of him.