BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

9 minutes ago, lraC said:

Perhaps Mowbray is retiring and he is taking the out of contract players  with him to tend to his garden. 

Every garden needs a couple of pansies. Probably better in a garden as they don’t know what they’re doing on the field . 

• Like 3

Beat me to it @CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber. I reckon the only way ge goes is:

A) He’s has enough. He certainly looks like he neeeds a long break - apart from that two month run this season he’s looked a beaten man for a year and a half now.

B) Similar to the above, but if Venky’s just won’t pick up the phone to he or Waggott, and Suhail isn’t able to sort a meeting, then he won’t have any choice but to just clear his desk at the end of June (well, he says..).

I too just don’t think the Venky’s have the cojones (nor the ability to act on the new manager front) to proactively give him his marching orders / notice that they won’t be renewing his contract. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

As soon as fans realise that these owners don't care about whats served up on the pitch, the sooner you'll get to grips with the current predicament the club finds itself in. @JHRover explains it very well above, these owners aren't interested in what us fans are interested in, they want the odd player sold for a profit, to a bigger club and thats job done for them, it doesn't get more complicated than that.

Give me administration right now, its the only way this club can start the healing. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

Thing is the fans did realise just that a few years ago… then we went down to L1, similar sized clubs like Bolton imploded and the fanbase went in to a collective Stockholm Syndrome with that disinterested lot in Pune.

’We’d be finished without them’, ‘look at Bolton/Bury’, ‘they put in more money than Jack’, ‘who else we gonna get to take on a small club like us?’

The expectations and standards of the fans have dropped markedly post that sorry afternoon at Brentford, and as a result I’d wager that these disgraceful owners have inexplicably never been as popular.

• Like 7

There’s several “ITKers” on here who just get off on being the centre of attention and spouting off about all the “connections” they have. Some of them are consistently wrong but people still listen to them for some inexplicable reason.

Mowbray has a job for life here if he wants it. We must live in hope he’s had enough and goes of his own volition.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thing is the fans did realise just that a few years ago… then we went down to L1, similar sized clubs like Bolton imploded and the fanbase went in to a collective Stockholm Syndrome with that disinterested lot in Pune.

’We’d be finished without them’, ‘look at Bolton/Bury’, ‘they put in more money than Jack’, ‘who else we gonna get to take on a small club like us?’

The expectations and standards of the fans have dropped markedly post that sorry afternoon at Brentford, and as a result I’d wager that these disgraceful owners have inexplicably never been as popular.

Thats around 8yrs to late Matty.....

When King Rat was given a new contract and pay increase by Balaji with only 3 wins in 23 matches, we knew then the owners couldn't care less, it was staring us all right in the face and they've done nothing since then to prove us wrong.

• Like 6

What about Stoke i thought he was going there as well ?

Not beyond the realms of possibility that Venus was advising holding off signing. Because IF him and his partner got a gig elsewhere they'd take them and give them more money.

Not beyond the realms certain people weren't pushing them for the WBA gig either and maybe not getting blanked at the other end.

Also the more i hear about Venus the more suspicious it becomes. If Mowbray stays it might be better all round if he gets a new number 2 and new first team coach to freshen things up.

Just what is Venus doing being assistant manager, coach and some kind of alleged DOF and WTF is he doing at meetings regarding the training ground ?

What’s 8 years too late?

Think you got the wrong end of the stick with my post. My point was that the fans were against these owners pretty much as soon as they came in, and remained so, until L1. It is only since that second relegation that the majority of the fanbase has done a complete 180 on the owners, be that because of the fear of administration, being stuck in L1, BOLTON, who knows why, but it’s now rare to hear any dissenting voices away from brfcs…

Edited by Mattyblue

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Thats around 8yrs to late Matty.....

When King Rat was given a new contract and pay increase by Balaji with only 3 wins in 23 matches, we knew then the owners couldn't care less, it was staring us all right in the face and they've done nothing since then to prove us wrong.

There is just far too much now from owners down happy to accept mediocrity,  just taking part, rather any burning ambition beyond existence 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s 8 years too late?

My point was that the fans were against these owners pretty much as soon as they came in, and remained so, until L1. It is only since that second relegation that the majority of the fanbase has done a complete 180 on the owners and it’s now rare to hear any dissenting voices away from brfcs…

Apologies Matty, I misunderstood your original point.

I think a large section of fans just want to watch the football these days, they probably feel helpless, nothing they can do, things will only change when the owners want them to and you can't blame fans for that in my opinion.

We read a lot of bluff and bluster on here, very few actually walk the walk, but the ones that do I have nothing but respect and admiration for.

Edited by Gav

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s 8 years too late?

My point was that the fans were against these owners pretty much as soon as they came in, and remained so, until L1. It is only since that second relegation that the majority of the fanbase has done a complete 180 on the owners and it’s now rare to hear any dissenting voices away from brfcs…

I think thats more to do with the amount that have walked away. I'm not sure age bracket %s of supporters now, but we do have a lot 15-20 year olds for example. The majority of these are not old enough to remember much pre-Venkys, so they dont have the same anger.

I see very few of those that protested for example on match days, the majority of these have walked away as their final protest.

• Like 3

Just now, glen9mullan said:

I think thats more to do with the amount that have walked away. I'm not sure age bracket %s of supporters now, but we do have a lot 15-20 year olds for example. The majority of these are not old enough to remember much pre-Venkys, so they dont have the same anger.

I see very few of those that protested for example on match days, the majority of these have walked away as their final protest.

Disagree on the age thing, plenty of older match going fans are now also very pro Rao, but of course many anti-Venky supporters have walked away leaving a much more subdued core.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Disagree on the age thing, plenty of older match going fans are now also very pro Rao, but of course many anti-Venky supporters have walked away leaving a much more subdued core.

That age bracket was an example rather than a sweeping statement. I too hear less disgruntled on the ownership, especially with us reliant on their funding.

The largest statement is the numbers that have walked away

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

Going off social media many of the younger supporters feel like without Venky’s we’d be doomed and we are lucky for their £20 million a season that they give us no questions asked, they believe without them we’d be the next Bury or Bolton. 

They may be right, might not be a bad thing anyway, to get our club back. 

It’s very strange reading Twitter and the Facebook groups, it’s like an completely alternative universe to this forum!  Makes me glad I’ve got this place to be honest, great place for discussion/debate/wallowing ☺️  

Yeh i get the usual replies on twitter, some unhappy, and then some completely happy, who tend to resort to name calling, to hammer home the "you are negative, you are ungrateful, you are a muppet theme." 

Facebook, i dont do too much.

I like the debate on here, as it does not usually resort to name calling and every single point/opinion is valid, and no greater or weaker than anyone elses.

Keyboard warriors eh?

I'm always open to a face to face debate on all things rovers, its funny though, they dont come from behind their keyboards for this, and prefer to hide behind Alias's.

I remember when I was a Director at WEC and chatting with WW who couldnt get his head around being abused by internet names like 1875bluethunder, blueraindrops, horrisdorrishovis etc etc.

Faceless abuse, by spineless people. 

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Apologies Matty, I misunderstood your original point.

I think a large section of fans just want to watch the football these days, they probably feel helpless, nothing they can do, things will only change when the owners want them to and you can't blame fans for that in my opinion.

We read a lot of bluff and bluster on here, very few actually walk the walk, but the ones that do I have nothing but respect and admiration for.

We walked the walk 11 years ago when alot of us were involved in protests only to be shot down by status quo fans. (Not literally status quo). If more fans had participated in the protests, if fans had refused to enter Ewood leaving it empty even that would have sent a message but no. Most fans couldn’t have cared less

• Like 6

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Yeh i get the usual replies on twitter, some unhappy, and then some completely happy, who tend to resort to name calling, to hammer home the "you are negative, you are ungrateful, you are a muppet theme." 

Facebook, i dont do too much.

I like the debate on here, as it does not usually resort to name calling and every single point/opinion is valid, and no greater or weaker than anyone elses.

Keyboard warriors eh?

I'm always open to a face to face debate on all things rovers, its funny though, they dont come from behind their keyboards for this, and prefer to hide behind Alias's.

I remember when I was a Director at WEC and chatting with WW who couldnt get his head around being abused by internet names like 1875bluethunder, blueraindrops, horrisdorrishovis etc etc.

Faceless abuse, by spineless people. 

Tbf Facebook rovers fans are turning on Mowbray now and let comments are mostly negative towards Mowbray 

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Most fans couldn’t have cared less

See this is exactly part of the problem. You think if someone didn't agree with your method of protest they didn't 'care less'. Its not only a wrong assumption, it can make you come across as a bit of a tit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

See this is exactly part of the problem. You think if someone didn't agree with your method of protest they didn't 'care less'. Its not only a wrong assumption, it can make you come across as a bit of a tit.

Thanks 

26 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tbf Facebook rovers fans are turning on Mowbray now and let comments are mostly negative towards Mowbray 

I think they have a spy on here as I appear to have been kicked out of their happy crappy group after some negative comments I posted about it on here.

I can live with that 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

There is just far too much now from owners down happy to accept mediocrity,  just taking part, rather any burning ambition beyond existence 

Why did they ever want to own a football club? And why do they still own a football club?

Has anyone ever worked it out?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Maybe I worded it wrong what I meant was indifferent