BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

Where is the CEO in the middle of all this ?

Why is he in hiding and why has he been ignoring LT requests for interviews regarding STs and Mowbrays future for weeks ?

What is the point of him other than trying to rent out the pitch and stadium to whoever wants it ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Whoever signs him next is going to be making the same mistake. I heard he was going to Feth.

He's signed for Leeds - although he had a seizure when out walking with his son this week, so his return has been delayed.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Massively backed is hyperbolic in the extreme.

So being backed just means being able to bring in players at all, even just loans despite selling your 15m striker and allowing senior players to leave? That means every club in the world is backed by the owners.

Its a good job he didnt listen to you before Preston otherwise the dynamism would have been swapped for Johnson lugging himself after Preston midfielders.

He has had more than enough backing over the past 4 seasons and He has had more than enough time to get our club promotion and its appears it will be another failure this season. Plus the losing streak every season has to end imo. You can keep sticking up for him in your want but he had more than enough backing and time here. 

You can keep going on about my selection of Johnson but I was right about how we should be playing and formation wise but you wanted to keep sticking this false 9 3 back formation that hasn't worked for weeks and cost us our playoff place. You can just admit that you were wrong and admit that my tactics was the same as the PNE game and what I have been asking for over 3 weeks on here and other social media sites. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Probably because we beat Forest and went on 5 game winning run I’d imagine? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Dont remember that happening…

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Think Paul is getting his games confused somewhere.

I think he means after the Sheffield Utd game on November 5th rather than the Forest game in Feb. (As after Sheff Utd we went on that ridiculous run that got us to second).

Apologies, yes it was after the Sheff Utd game 👍🏼

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has had more than enough backing over the past 4 seasons and He has had more than enough time to get our club promotion and its appears it will be another failure this season. Plus the losing streak every season has to end imo. You can keep sticking up for him in your want but he had more than enough backing and time here. 

You can keep going on about my selection of Johnson but I was right about how we should be playing and formation wise but you wanted to keep sticking this false 9 3 back formation that hasn't worked for weeks and cost us our playoff place. You can just admit that you were wrong and admit that my tactics was the same as the PNE game and what I have been asking for over 3 weeks on here and other social media sites. 

I want him gone and have wanted him gone much more often than yourself. I was just dismissing the blatant lie that specifically this season that he has been backed, he hasn't. 

A club with our resources hindered by our owners would need to overachieve to get into the top 6, that shouldn't be forgotten, and one thing I do appreciate about Mowbray is the element of safety he provides, you are unlikely to underachieve with him and get dragged into a relegation fight. That being said, we should aim bigger, that can be achieved if things come together as has been proved by teams over the years and he isn't capable of pushing us on, so his departure is needed.

It's the arrogance thinking that everything is easy and you are ahead of the curve that makes me laugh. Had we played the team suggested, it would not have won 4-1 regardless of formation with a total rookie at right back and Johnson barely able to move in central midfield.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The very same John Williams that Rev used to consistently slag off, per chance?

Yes, that would be him, the chap that wouldn't sack Souness when it was necessary.  Good job Newcastle unexpectedly came in and bailed us out.

Seems a bit trite to be criticising Williams when we now have Waggott at the helm but you have to judge him by standards as they were then which were a lot higher than now.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, that would be him, the chap that wouldn't sack Souness when it was necessary.  Good job Newcastle unexpectedly came in and bailed us out.

Seems a bit trite to be criticising Williams when we now have Waggott at the helm but you have to judge him by standards as they were then which were a lot higher than now.

What was the John Curtis thing?

Personally I don't understand the "taken us as far as he can", "won't get us promoted" etc arguments.

Reasons why we're doing well to even be in the Championship:
Fanbase - we have one of the smallest catchment areas in the entire football league. The town demographic is rapidly changing to a culture less football-obsessed. And we've 3 super clubs on our doorstep (City, Liverpool and Utd) that kids increasingly gloryhunt.
Attendances - thanks to the above, plus it being a low wage area, we have among the lowest crowds in the league, even selling below average priced tickets.
Income - not much TV money outside the PL, so our income is pretty much dictated by the above 2, i.e. its very low.
Squad strength - dictated by our income. Take Brereton and Gallagher out, and its a bargain basement squad.

Reasons we should be in the PL:
We were in it most of the 90s/00s - contributes 0 points per season.
We won it in 1995 - contributes 0 points per season.
We won the League Cup in 2002 - contributes 0 points per season.

Our expectation-levels should now align with the likes of Preston, but I've heard louder boos at Ewood for draws than Preston fans gave their players for getting beat 4-1 in a derby.

The fact that Mowbray has been getting stick this season given all the above is insane. I honestly think we've got the most entitled fans in the country, and as long as that continues, every Rovers manager will get undeserved stick based on delusional expectations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blue_and_white said:

Personally I don't understand the "taken us as far as he can", "won't get us promoted" etc arguments.

Fanbase - we have one of the smallest catchment areas in the entire football league. The town demographic is rapidly changing to a culture less football-obsessed. And we've 3 super clubs on our doorstep (City, Liverpool and Utd) that kids increasingly gloryhunt.
Attendances - thanks to the above, plus it being a low wage area, we have among the lowest crowds in the league, even selling below average priced tickets.
Income - not much TV money outside the PL, so our income is pretty much dictated by the above 2, i.e. its very low.
Squad strength - dictated by our income. Take Brereton and Gallagher out, and its a bargain basement squad.

Our expectation-levels should now align with the likes of Preston, but I've heard louder boos at Ewood for draws than Preston fans gave their players for getting beat 4-1 in a derby.

The fact that Mowbray has been getting stick this season given all the above is insane. I honestly think we've got the most entitled fans in the country, and as long as that continues, every Rovers manager will get undeserved stick based on delusional expectations.

You do know our billionaire owners stick in another £15m - £20m p.a. on top of our supposedly derisory income?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You do know our billionaire owners stick in another £15m - £20m p.a. on top of our supposedly derisory income?

Stick it where? The club is £200m in debt and Mowbray has barely seen a penny of any sale (Armstrong included) since he bought Brereton/Gallagher 3-4 years ago.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, blue_and_white said:

with an attitude like that you might as well pack it in and accept a pne like existance,bouncing between the two middle divisions for eternity

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blue_and_white said:

Stick it where? The club is £200m in debt and Mowbray has barely seen a penny of any sale (Armstrong included) since he bought Brereton/Gallagher 3-4 years ago.

I give up. People obviously think championship footballers play for nothing and that for example  loan players come here for free.

Also I stand to be corrected, but my understanding is that it is Venky's holding Company which is £200m in debt and the only debt attached to the Club is the bank overdraft which is at a similar sort of level (c£20m) to when they took over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yeah pick out and go to town on an odd error of judgement over a decade of fantastic work, whilst you still make excuse after excuse for this absolute daily shit show.

Yes, standards were much higher but we all still knew he was a cracking Chief Exec… well apart from you.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, blue_and_white said:

Bullshit. Rovers fans have every right to accept better.  We're not f*cking Preston, a club with no higher history.  We were a well drilled epl team before venkys took over.  When u see smaller clubs than rovers doing well in the Premiership ie Burnley Bournemouth for a few seasons.  Then rovers should accept better. Mowbray has signed some decent players and some dross. Its his tactical and organisation of the team thats the problem.  Hes also spent more money than some previous rovers managers and he's been given virtually carte blanche in his reign. It's these kind of posts that absolve Mowbray of any responsibility that wind me up

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, blue_and_white said:

We have some of the most expensive season tickets in the league and £25 to £35 match tickets are also not ‘below average’.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah pick out and go to town on an odd error of judgement over a decade of fantastic work, whilst you still make excuse after excuse for this absolute daily shit show.

Yes, standards were much higher but we all still knew he was a cracking Chief Exec… well apart from you.

You're on one today Matty.

You'd think I never criticised Waggott or something.

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

They weren't preserving the culture of the club when they took a chance on him after his drugs bans....especially when he was involved in another police incident just after starting training with the club.

Different manager, different culture. Peet was having none of it. Lam was weak.