BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I guess it will come down to what recommendations come from ewood too, (someone please unplug the fax)

Its my understanding that Farke was not proposed out of Ewood, and this could be a turning point in Venkys ownership and them having a greater understanding of the market and managers.

Just hope he does'nt do a whistle stop tour with the Ewood Board, as they have a great way of stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

I actually think they is more likely than unlikely, and would be an excellent appointment 

If he does come in it’s an appointment I couldn’t criticise. Possibly as good as we could expect to get ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

Blackburn Rovers Manager Games Win Percentage From  To
Tony Mowbray 252 41% (and counting) February 2017 Present Day
Owen Coyle 37 30% June 2016 February 2017
Paul Lambert  33 36% November 2015 May 2016
Gary Bowyer 118 35% May 2013 November 2015
Michael Appleton 15 27% January 2013 March 2013
Gary Bowyer 4 75% December 2012 January 2013
Henning Berg  10 10% October 2012 December 2012
Eric Black  6 33% September 2012 October 2012
Steve Kean 74 28% December 2010 September 2012

A sad tale of Venky appointments

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If he does come in it’s an appointment I couldn’t criticise. Possibly as good as we could expect to get ?

I think he is the outstanding candidate. Knows the division, good age, plays good football and has won promotion from it.

Its a solid source, in as much they said Rothwell wouldnt be going, and I ran with it, and ultimately he didnt go.

• Like 4

Just now, goozburger said:

I'd argue Lambert and Irvine were the first appointment of ambition. I was ecstatic when that happened. We know the rest, though.

Was thinking about him. But bringing his name up on here is a hot potato 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Director of Football is an entirely different skillset to Manager. That's where his career trajectory is taking him.

And I think that’s the sort of role he would take up if he was to come. No problem with that as he is obviously highly rated at Citeh

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well obviously I’ve not seen any of them in action behind the scenes. You see what I see . Did you get the impression that Rovers this season were physically fitter, stronger, better prepared both mentally and tactically than most of the opposition ? I don’t think I did.

within ten minutes of saturdays game id`e figured out  bournemouths plan  of trying to pick us off on the counter  ,im`e a former park footballer and fan,mowbray on the best part of half a million quid a year did nothing to combat it,iv`e lost count of the times we`ve been out manouvered tactics wise.bloody good riddance imo,get someone in who cares about losing

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

within ten minutes of saturdays game id`e figured out  bournemouths plan  of trying to pick us off on the counter  ,im`e a former park footballer and fan,mowbray on the best part of half a million quid a year did nothing to combat it,iv`e lost count of the times we`ve been out manouvered tactics wise.bloody good riddance imo,get someone in who cares about losing

I wasn’t expecting them to go long ball down the middle as much as they did. They’d obviously figured out the 4 at the back instead of 5 was our weak point.

52 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Not surprised Farke being backed in, heard on 19th March that he was very much in the frame, just hope they don't cock it up, as there is a genuine desire to get it done from both sides

Just thinking - would we be were we are now if they’d brought him on March 20th ?

• Like 6

If Farke is indeed in the frame, surely he must have been given guarantees about replacements for the various backroom people leaving with Mowbray, and indeed for some of the first teamers likely to not sign new contracts?

• Like 2

Wiki also states that (obviously) all Farke's coaching staff are also out of work after leaving the Russian side. That's surely gotta be another tick in the box regarding not having to pay any compo?

Sorry, I'm getting a little giddy now. Need to remember this is not pre-Venkys Rovers.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Kamy reckons one of the people we are looking at is Jason Wilcox.

The riverside boo crew will be salivating at the sound of Handbags name cropping up.

If they still bother to attend that is.

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Not surprised Farke being backed in, heard on 19th March that he was very much in the frame, just hope they don't cock it up, as there is a genuine desire to get it done from both sides

Lets hope it happens. I am trying to keep my excitement calm and I will be only happy when its announce by Rovers and he is holding the Rovers shirt up at Ewood Park. 

I guess it will come down to what recommendations come from ewood too, (someone please unplug the fax)

Its my understanding that Farke was not proposed out of Ewood, and this could be a turning point in Venkys ownership and them having a greater understanding of the market and managers.

Just hope he does'nt do a whistle stop tour with the Ewood Board, as they have a great way of stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

I actually think they is more likely than unlikely, and would be an excellent appointment 

Lets hope Venkys have learnt from this and they have a better understanding of football. 

Thanks for all the info Glen you post on here, very much apprenticed by us all

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Farke is the clear choice for these reasons, 

1. He knows the league and has 2 promotions from this league

2. Will keep developing our young players and bringing more academy players through, 

3. He plays good football

4. He is hard task master and demands the best. exactly what we need

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Director of Football is an entirely different skillset to Manager. That's where his career trajectory is taking him.

Do you not think that maybe Jason Wilcox come be coming here as Director of Football operations or something similar? 

17 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Farke will not come…especially if a London rival clubs comes into play…QPR would surely be more on his radar?? 

QPR first choice target appearing to be MK Dons Liam Manning from what I read this morning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why?

If he wants the job then who cares about the Wycombe playoff run?!

Ainsworth will and its called doing it professional 

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

That will cost some serious money if we're thinking about someone like Farke. I don't think Venkys will stump up the cash (and not least the plan) for it.

It's more likely that they'll take their own sweet time. Mowbray will leave after Saturday's game with an official announcement, followed by weeks of nothing. Venkys will eventually finalise next season's budget in a month or two, and the powers that be (whoever they are) will recommend an underwhelming manager and cheaply available coaching team (or promote from within) to fit into that budget. We'll be on loans and frees again to fill the gaps.

So in your opinion, which do you think is more likely? Appointing Farke, his required coaching staff, and giving him a reasonable budget to buy players? Or the above?

Farke was on around 1 to 1.5 million at Norwich when they were in the PL i have read on line so not unrealistic we could offer him around 700k a year here and if he gets us promotion we offer a 50% increase plus a million pounds promotion bonus. 

Nicko is saying they want to interview around 6 people and chose from that with the next 2 to 3 weeks

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Not sure what to think about that. On the one hand obviously a very highly rated coach for City to give him that role. Perhaps not too similar to Neil Critchley before he went to Blackpool. His CV couldn't be more different to the likes of Ainsworth in terms of their different strengths and weaknesses, at least on paper.

Obviously a massive risk though. I'd have him in front of plenty of the names you can get decent odds for, but if we can get Farke with two recent promotions to his name, Wilcox shouldn't be getting in the conversation for me.

Mention Wilcox a couple of weeks ago to coming here. yes he could be the next Steve Cooper and Neil Critchley or not. Its a risk to appoint him but every managerial appointment is a risk. 

Tbf Glen, I don’t think there’s any one other fan with closer / better links to Venkys than you. Be great if they can get Farke done With a full back room team and a healthy budget! 🙏🏽

• Like 9

I think he is the outstanding candidate. Knows the division, good age, plays good football and has won promotion from it.

Its a solid source, in as much they said Rothwell wouldnt be going, and I ran with it, and ultimately he didnt go.

Please don't use those words that was said of Coyle.....................!

I know Farke is a different kettle of fish.

Interesting you say 'not from Ewood' as I think there have been some 'oddball' names already touted from within.

Who in your view is calling the shots on this appointment? 

• Like 1