BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I think we can safely assume they are looking for somebody to work with kids and loans only and someone who'll be cheaper than Mowbrays wages.

This will just turn out to be the next round of cost cutting, Mowbray did keep highlighting the Barnsley model so it looks like it's coming.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Someone on here mentioned rumours of Woodgate - Sharpe seems to confirm:

"Yet one man likely to be in the conversation who has had little mention so far is Jonathan Woodgate".

LT article posted 3 hours ago.

Why, why, why?

IMO, would be disastrous appointment.

He managed just 9 wins from 41 games with Boro. That includes both transfer windows that season. 

He did, in fairness, do better in his interim role at Bournemouth.

Still, it would be a disastrous appointment and one I can't believe we are even considering.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Someone on here mentioned rumours of Woodgate - Sharpe seems to confirm:

"Yet one man likely to be in the conversation who has had little mention so far is Jonathan Woodgate".

LT article posted 3 hours ago.

Why, why, why?

IMO, would be disastrous appointment.

Won’t be watching a minute of us this season if it’s woodgate. 

Woodgate? Is that some kind of ploy to make the fans ask for mowbray to stay? Has waggot leaked that so that giving Tony a surprise new contract isn't the worst thing we hear this week? 

• Like 6

Woodgate is one that would tick several boxes. The usual ones being available, cheap, keen to get back into it and would be grateful for a chance at the job.

There will also be some baseless assumption that he would 'work with' 'young' players which they seem obsessed with.

Then there's the Teesside Middlesbrough connection - would lead me to conclude Mowbray had recommended him or pushed for him. Would work with those already here including Venus no doubt.

Presumably Middlesbrough fan Honeyman is also a big fan of his?

No matter that he's as dull as dishwater and failed miserably at Middlesbrough before Warnock came in and did a rescue act. Who cares about little things like that?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I think we can safely assume they are looking for somebody to work with kids and loans only and someone who'll be cheaper than Mowbrays wages.

This will just turn out to be the next round of cost cutting, Mowbray did keep highlighting the Barnsley model so it looks like it's coming.

Bottom of the table, League One, Barnsley?

• Like 1

Ayala, Buckley and Mulgrew same agency as Woodgate so there is a foot through the door.

God knows how many boro players on the books as well so this one looks like it will have legs.

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bottom of the table, League One, Barnsley?

Yep he highlighted them a few times when they were doing ok in the champ.

Now though that's exactly where their model leads though unless you have a miracle worker on the touchline and don't get any injuries

The only straw I'm going to cling to for the time being is that Sharpe saying "he's likely to be in the conversation" is hardly conclusive.

Ironically the only person I'd rather have the job any less is the present incumbent!!

BoroRejectsRUS

• Like 3

Woodgate as boss. Mowbray as director of football.  Woodgate struggles in the first half of the season gets sacked. Mowbray to the rescue takes us out the relegation zone.  Mowbray gets the job full time then fans say Mowbray was better than we thought. Mowbray then continues where he left off by making us midtable fodder for the next 5 years.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Relegation then.

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Woodgate as boss. Mowbray as director of football.  Woodgate struggles in the first half of the season gets sacked. Mowbray to the rescue takes us out the relegation zone.  Mowbray gets the job full time then fans say Mowbray was better than we thought. Mowbray then continues where he left off by making us midtable fodder for the next 5 years.

Not even in jest.

Please.

If Mowbray  gets a job as DOF, does that magically transport the Club nearer to his home and stop him moaning about being too far away from his family?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yep he highlighted them a few times when they were doing ok in the champ.

Now though that's exactly where their model leads though unless you have a miracle worker on the touchline and don't get any injuries

Wasnt this the Brentford model youre thinking of

On 03/05/2022 at 09:58, jim mk2 said:

That won't be a popular view on here but it's a legitimate one. This time next season, after 12 months of turmoil with Rovers relegated back to to League One, we could be harking back to the halcyon days under Mowbray. It's not inconceivable and although I think his time is up, sometimes it's better the devil you know. In most cases, hiring a new manager is a gamble and like playing cards - do you stick or twist? 

I think this is the first time we have ever agreed Jim!

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not even in jest.

Please.

If Mowbray  gets a job as DOF, does that magically transport the Club nearer to his home and stop him moaning about being too far away from his family?

Only half jest. Wouldn't surprise me if mowbray put woodgate's name forward. Young coach who needs some guidance. 'hi Johnathan do u need someone to guide you I know this club off by heart. I could be dof'. 'of course Tony u are a Blackburn and Boro legend. U could give me directions' 'ok Jonathan I will pick the side and u do day to day training'.

• Like 3

Rich Sharpe won't nail his colours to a mast or give the nod to a name unless it is one he has heard or has been primed for.

The fact that there are the Boro connections to go with it screams a Venky appointment.

He'll be bringing his brother in law Downing in as his 2nd in command no doubt. Be a nice low pressure job for them considering there will only be about 4k fans at home games. 

Since when did we become the beggers for Middlesbrough's scraps?

Edited by Neal

Since the only people running the club for the last 5 years were Middlesbrough based Mowbray and his mates and a clueless biscuit salesman who thought Owen Coyle was a better option than Neil Warnock. 

I will be shot down in flames but I'd like to see Roy Keane get the job.  Number 1 it will bring great attention to the club and we will be box office.  Number 2 he probably has the calibre to get the club up the table as much as any of the z list managers currently in the frame.  I think he would raise the profile of the club massively and maybe attract some players we might not be able to have gotten without a big name in charge.

Its a risk but so is appointing anyone else.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only straw I'm going to cling to for the time being is that Sharpe saying "he's likely to be in the conversation" is hardly conclusive.

Ironically the only person I'd rather have the job any less is the present incumbent!!

BoroRejectsRUS

Nah I'd seriously rather keep Mowbray than get Woodgate to replace him. Both are the wrong choice though of course.

• Like 4