BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Here's my thoughts based on the top 10 from sky bet's next perm manager, with odds, plus Woodgate...

Exciting

Farke 3.00

Acceptable

Ainsworth 3.50

Woodgate 34.00

Meh

Johnson 17.00

Keane 13.00

Cocu 7.00

Johnson 6.00

Edwards 13.00

Manning 13.00

No

Appleton 11.00

Wilcox 13.00

At least Woodgate's odds are very long currently...

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course the owners will know what Mowbray has said and he has said he is leaving. 

I gave my opinion who I thought would be on our 6 man shortlist

Not at all. 

6 man shortlist was mention by Alan Nixon, so I have used that information. 

I see no reasons not to interview 6 candidates then pick the best candidate. Why not interview all the candidates? 

All depends on their demands and wishes in relates to your Johnson question. 

My dingle comments is small minded views? really, I could turn it around saying that focusing on ex dingle manager is small minded But Instead I respect each Rovers opinion

Time for you to move and actually accept my opinion on the ex dingle manager. 

Would you or would you not have a 'Dingle' Consultant surgeon operate on you if it was needed to save your life.  Yes or No?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I guess this all boils down to who is actually running the show.

We have a CEO supposedly running things day to day at Ewood, if that is the case the potential candidate list could be interesting as he’s a football man, like him or loath him.

If the Venky stooge is actually running the show the appointment will be farmed out to the usual agent spivs and the rest is predictable, small pool of crap, repeat the mistakes of the past 11yrs.

Either way we’re goosed until we get rid of these owners.

I think you are overestimating Waggott's interest in the football side of things. If it was up to him he would be looking at value for money - the cheapest option. In any case, I don't think he will have any say whatsoever. 

Suhail and 'the advisors' will be on the case - probably telling Mowbray to get on a plane to India asap.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Here's my thoughts based on the top 10 from sky bet's next perm manager, with odds, plus Woodgate...

Exciting

Farke 3.00

Acceptable

Ainsworth 3.50

Woodgate 34.00

Meh

Johnson 17.00

Keane 13.00

Cocu 7.00

Johnson 6.00

Edwards 13.00

Manning 13.00

No

Appleton 11.00

Wilcox 13.00

At least Woodgate's odds are very long currently...

On what planet is Woodgate an acceptable appointment? Are you trolling? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Would you or would you not have a 'Dingle' Consultant surgeon operate on you if it was needed to save your life.  Yes or No?

Nothing to do with football or the points I was making on not appointing Dyche here and why Farke is better and outstanding candidate to replace Mowbray given his track record. I won't be answering your non football question Mercer as it daft analogy to make. Time to move on. 

Also, quick Question, When is the announcement going to make that Damien Johnson will be charge for Saturday game and Mowbray won't be? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, 47er said:

He hadn't been here long before he wanted a reunion with Mourinho and sulked like the clappers when he didn't get his dream move.

From looking a great buy, stopped trying and, judging by his girth, stopped training as well. 

You must know all this surely?

Actually, it's worse. He didn't just sulk, he claimed it was racism that the club did not allow him to join Mourinho..."it could only have happened to an African player etc"...so.. F.O. Benedict, old chum!

• Like 2

I'm not against the logic of targeting a manager with a track record of working with and improving young players. But surely if that's a thing which we're really prioritising, that's all the more reason to throw everything we can at getting Farke in.

So much of Norwich's success has been working with & improving youngsters, whilst at the same time racking up the wins. Someone should dig out the stories linking Max Aarons with a £50 million move to Barcelona a few years ago and show Venkys. That should do the trick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothing to do with football or the points I was making on not appointing Dyche here and why Farke is better and outstanding candidate to replace Mowbray given his track record. I won't be answering your non football question Mercer as it daft analogy to make. Time to move on. 

Also, quick Question, When is the announcement going to make that Damien Johnson will be charge for Saturday game and Mowbray won't be? 

Dyche's record and cv are far more impressive than Farke's.  Dyche has shown he can keep a team on limited resources in the PL - Farke failed in this respect at Norwich.  Dyche v Farke would be a no brainer for 99% of Rovers' fans.

I think Mrs D will wake up tomorrow morning and probably recall why she has put an alarm on her phone for Friday AM UK time!   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Dyche's record and cv are far more impressive than Farke's.  Dyche has shown he can keep a team on limited resources in the PL - Farke failed in this respect at Norwich.  Dyche v Farke would be a no brainer for 99% of Rovers' fans.

I think Mrs D will wake up tomorrow morning and probably recall why she has put an alarm on her phone for Friday AM UK time!   

To be fair, Dyche was relegated first time round. Farke probably would've got Norwich relegated this season, but wasn't given the opportunity. Their records at getting teams promoted, our immediate concern, are very similar so it definitely wouldn't be a no brainer. 

Agree that his Burnley connections are irrelevant though. If anything the fact that it'd wind them up just adds to the appeal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Would I let a qualified surgeon that happens to be a Burnley fan to operate on me to save my life?

Yes.

Would I prefer someone that isn't a Dingle associate to manager the club?

Yes.

Is your analogy a bit silly?

Yes.

Would you not sign a very good player with Burnley connections (clue: we have many times in the past)?

Of course you would

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Lame comparison! 

Also! Surely the extra digits would make the surgeon far more Dexterous in surgery! 

All though don't be suprised if you go in just to have your tonsils out and leave with a new mangina. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Neither deserve to go through an interview process. Their credentials speak for themselves. That we're drawing up a shortlist suggests to me that it'll consist of League One/Two managers or youth managers.

It's as @Tyrone Shoelaces said. Think of a candidate you've either never heard of or never in a million years would appoint as your first choice at the club, and that'll be your man. I'll go for this Barry Lewtas for today's flavour. Farke or Dyche is just too darn sensible.

No, you’ve spoiled it now. You’ve mentioned him. It’s got to be a guy who is completely  unexpected until the moment he’s unveiled.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

typo rectified folks, the more attractive (to some) Woodgate should be in the Meh category and such odds reflect that, also just noticed his brother in law is Stewart Downing, how cute.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tricky said:

typo rectified folks, the more attractive (to some) Woodgate should be in the Meh category and such odds reflect that, also just noticed his brother in law is Stewart Downing, how cute.

It’s amazing who comes out of the woodwork at times like this. They’re like piranhas feeding on rotting meat.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Did you see this?  I don't think I could cope with a bloke who looks like he's just fallen out of the Vulcan at the helm.

I like Stelling but he's hardly any room to talk based on that clip with his shirt open to the navel. All he's missing is the blingy medallion that looks like a bar of chocolate.

Not sure why he's laying into Ainsworth for no reason based solely on his appearance - perhaps he isn't represented by the right agency.

I actually like Ainsworth's appearance -part of his appeal - a refreshing change from conforming to the boring norm these days but at the end of the day we need a manager that can win Championship football matches not just Ozzy or Bruce Dickinson from 35 years ago.

That should be the only consideration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I like Stelling but he's hardly any room to talk based on that clip with his shirt open to the navel. All he's missing is the blingy medallion that looks like a bar of chocolate.

Not sure why he's laying into Ainsworth for no reason based solely on his appearance - perhaps he isn't represented by the right agency.

I actually like Ainsworth's appearance -part of his appeal - a refreshing change from conforming to the boring norm these days but at the end of the day we need a manager that can win Championship football matches not just Ozzy or Bruce Dickinson from 35 years ago.

That should be the only consideration.

At least he won’t be knocking players back because they’re wearing modern clothes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Blackburn. Mowbray had long talk with chief exec yesterday. I wonder … https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f914.png

How did we know that was going to happen................

Also get your tame journo at the LT to randomly name drop Woodgate's name into the mix and all of a sudden good old Tone looks a lot more attractive.

Like I said the other day, I wanted to know what the odds for the devious old bastard Mowbray were.

• Like 1