BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

I look back to Peterbr away and PNE away more recently where the fans sang the managers name despite him falling short, despite him being unable to take this shit show of a club into the Premiership. 

21 people on social media make little difference in the grand scheme of things. 

The manager deserves better, the fans deserve better.

Venkys Out.

Eh? I have no idea how that is a response to what I said. Have fun with your straw man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I do feel that Mowbray's tactical nous is a great analogy for how Venkys run us as a club:

Constantly getting the main decisions wrong, and we just have to hope they stumble on something that works.

We are just too far down their business interest,  A growing concern.

Their energy and efforts go into what makes them money not what loses it. Their remit to those at Ewood, is cut the losses season upon season, run a tighter ship, show improvement on the financials, and you can stay around.

Appease the owners not the fans is Waggott's strategy, because whilst its like that he can continue sucking on the teat.

What I want to see, is the supporter groups to start holding him accountable and making his cosey life, less cosey!!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Who's to say he wouldnt get results?  I guarantee he would get better reaults than many of the names bandied about on this thread.   The only names I would take over him would be Farke and Dyche. 

What did we average this season ? 12-14,000?  I'd say thats small.

That doesn’t mean the fanbase is small, it means there’s a shed load who are outside the tent after walking away over 12 years of mismanagement, so how about an ambitious appointment to help draw some back?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Their energy and efforts go into what makes them money not what loses it. Their remit to those at Ewood, is cut the losses season upon season, run a tighter ship, show improvement on the financials, and you can stay around.

Appease the owners not the fans is Waggott's strategy, because whilst its like that he can continue sucking on the teat.

Totally agree Glenn this is why Rovers won't progress under venkys ownership

• Like 3

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

I'm 100% confident that the Rao's see Farke as their chosen man to move this forward, whilst they are also a little upset that they've come in for flack, for the lack of a chat with Mowbray given they pay people could money at Ewood including a PR Department and board members to address these matters.

Well unless they told the PR department and board members what the situation with his contract was, as well as telling them to communicate it to Mowbray, I've no idea what they're upset about.

It's kinda like how Amber Heard fired her PR team after the first week of that case apparently, as if it was their fault she cut off his finger, was recorded saying nobody would believe him because he was a man, and literally shat the bed.

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or maybe it's simply because they have never appointed a genuinely tip class manager?

That's not true, most of them belonged in the tip.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or maybe it's simply because they have never appointed a genuinely tip class manager?

They've never employed any kind of decent manager, that is capable of progressing Rovers. Literally been one shit show after another. At best mediocrity with platitudes to Pune or just scumbags with their snouts in the trough.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And they never will……

4 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

They've never employed any kind of decent manager, that is capable of progressing Rovers. Literally been one shit show after another. At best mediocrity with platitudes to Pune or just scumbags with their snouts in the trough.

100%, like when they brought in

https://www.best-companies.co.uk/the-sports-pr-company-review/

Two weeks later, her client Appleton was appointed.

Had much fun with email tennis with her.

Her attitude "do you know who I am, who I've represented, the influences I have, the clout in legal matters"

Well she ended up running off with her Tail between her legs, when she demanded we didnt release information, that the clubs solicitor had given us, with the authorisation of the club officials.

By day 2 she was looking for snookers, and by day 3 she was in a full nelsen begging for submission. Mmmm Appleton didnt last long either.

That was the days that the club were answerable to the supporters, how things have changed!!!

• Like 2

Said a few days ago Unsworth is one to keep an eye on .. perfect appointment from Venkys

cheap , available , used to coaching/developing  young players and one they can control … Ferguson and Keane  would be far too opinionated 

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Well unless they told the PR department and board members what the situation with his contract was, as well as telling them to communicate it to Mowbray, I've no idea what they're upset about.

It's kinda like how Amber Heard fired her PR team after the first week of that case apparently, as if it was their fault she cut off his finger, was recorded saying nobody would believe him because he was a man, and literally shat the bed.

I still would though. 

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Do Luton and Huddersfield have the resources or wage budget to be a top 6 side?

Moved away from my point, which was that Mowbray's job could indeed be described as ok/decent/mediocre/alright, in comparison I would suggest that Jones and Corberan have done very good jobs.

I certainly don't think that it is impossible to over (or indeed under) achieve, we wouldn't watch football if it always fell directly in line with wage budgets and/or resources. Nor is it impossible to underachieve as for example West Brom have done this season, with a mixture of Bruce and mainly Ismael doing what I would describe as a poor job.

1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Who's to say he wouldnt get results?  I guarantee he would get better reaults than many of the names bandied about on this thread.   The only names I would take over him would be Farke and Dyche. 

What did we average this season ? 12-14,000?  I'd say thats small.

My point wasn't specifically about Keane, it was about clouding the sole objective of getting the manager would would deliver the best results with additional objectives like getting a high profile former player.

For what its worth, I wouldn't want Keane as an individual, love watching him as a pundit but I think that people are clouding their judgement having watched him in that role.

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

100I'm 100% confident that the Rao's see Farke as their chosen man to move this forward, whilst they are also a little upset that they've come in for flack, for the lack of a chat with Mowbray given they pay people could money at Ewood including a PR Department and board members to address these matters.

I really really hope you're right on the Farke front. IF he is appointed would you agree that would represent a fairly significant step forward as regards their ownership given he's the best we could realistically get?

What though do you Make of Mowbray saying "He'd wait and see what they had to say" in a phone call sometime over the next week.

That doesn't sound like a man who wants to leave to me.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Many very wealthy people have had meetings with various board members at Ewood, put together professional presentations offering help, assistance to the owners of this club. Many of which are supported by some very influential people both nationally and globally, some of which have met the Rao's but its all fallen on death ears and they have zero interest in engaging.

Their culture and class status, includes BRFC Employee's needing to bow in their presence, who can only speak when invited to do so.

Throughout their near twelve year tenure, the final six words of your first paragraph have been the common denominator. ‘They have zero interest in engaging.’

42 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I 100% agree, and until that changes, they will never move forwards.

They only employ incompetent back room staff, board members, CEO etc. because they know nothing about football. Bearing in mind they refuse and, have refused, to engage with professional Rovers fans with the necessary business acumen who genuinely want to help, the situation will never improve.

I know folk are currently working away in the background in an attempt to change things and all credit to them. From what Glen has outlined above this has happened previously and I would be genuinely surprised if the status quo changed for the better.

Almost twelve years on and we are no further forward than we’ve ever been. Still at square one. How much longer are we supposed, or expected, to endure this living hell. In another twelve years, I’ll be 76 for God’s sake. That’s if I’m still here.

The sad thing about the situation is that only a very small percentage of Rovers fans will actually know what has gone on since Venky’s rolled into town. How and why Steve Kean was promoted beyond his capabilities, Jerome Anderson and Kentaro, the work Glen and others have previously done, the fans’ delegation to the football authorities, the threats and all the rest of it.

Such a shame that only a few made an effort to demonstrate and take action back in the day. It’s too late now. It’s passed. Fans are indifferent. Unless we fluke a promotion, the supporter base will continue to dwindle and, more likely, our fortunes on the pitch will flounder and we will be relegated.

For me, this is the only way out. Relegation, relegation again, administration. Rid ourselves of Venky’s that way and, like Bury, Bolton, Wigan and others, wait for a suitable buyer and start again.

• Like 5

If people where transparent, then they would get support. Many very wealthy people have had meetings with various board members at Ewood, put together professional presentations offering help, assistance to the owners of this club. Many of which are supported by some very influential people both nationally and globally, some of which have met the Rao's but its all fallen on death ears and they have zero interest in engaging.

Their culture and class status, includes BRFC Employee's needing to bow in their presence, who can only speak when invited to do so.

Your whole post made interesting reading, Glen but board members at Ewood are only employees. Most properly run football clubs have board members, i.e. directors who together own the club.

Secondly the Venkys "culture" sounds to me they are very much in the same mindset as Vladimir Putin. God help us!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

No, but I'd draw the line at having the p1ss taken out of me whilst expecting me to pay top end prices for the privilege.

I think we can safely say that is the case here and there's much more to this than merely picking a manager that might not be everyone's choice

I’ve never seen attendance as some sort of justification of the decisions at the club, which might explain why I’d be there regardless.

I don’t have any preconceived expectations. I’d prefer if it was cheaper but I could say that about my gas bill.

I just love watching my home town team.

I find it incredible, how I’ve become the minority on a supporters website because of this.

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

I’ve never seen attendance as some sort of justification of the decisions at the club, which might explain why I’d be there regardless.

I don’t have any preconceived expectations. I’d prefer if it was cheaper but I could say that about my gas bill.

I just love watching my home town team.

I find it incredible, how I’ve become the minority on a supporters website because of this.

To be fair, the second part suggests that you are financially comfortable enough for a price increase to be no more than an inconvenience. Lots of people are not.

What I want to see, is the supporter groups to start holding him accountable and making his cosey life, less cosey!!!

Serious question then - why do they bother?

It's a business they have no interest in that loses them circa £20m a year, every year. Why the hell haven't they sold it?!

Edited by Exiled_Rover

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They have never appointed a CEO or similar of any quality. There is a theme here Rev and it's all their own doing.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I really really hope you're right on the Farke front. IF he is appointed would you agree that would represent a fairly significant step forward as regards their ownership given he's the best we could realistically get?

What though do you Make of Mowbray saying "He'd wait and see what they had to say" in a phone call sometime over the next week.

That doesn't sound like a man who wants to leave to me.

I've taken TM interviews with pinch of salt on the basis.

1. The questions were very leading and not too sure what he could of said differently.

2. If they want to call him, then he aint exactly going to say "don't bother", there has been no fall out, its just come to a natural conclusion with no anomosity from either side. 

3. I could put you in the dugout, but unless the whole set up from top to bottom changes, and the process of how we do things, then a manager whoever that is, would be nothing more than a "plaster". In a normal club Farke would be fantastic, and I think he will help sell some tickets and get some results. However if its more cut backs, and downgrades, he would likely walk than stick around. They need to fix what they broke, which is not hard. Football people running the club, making the decisions, and being transparent 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Serious question then - why do they bother?

It's a business they have no interest in that loses them circa £20m a year, every year. Why the hell haven't they sold it?!

Pride, don't want to the big wide world to say they've failed.

£25 mill losses a season, really is pennies to them

• Like 2