BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

12 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Sounds a bit of a Roy Keane appointment at first but I think he’s always come across well in interviews

Marco Silva’s first team coach

Rafa Benitez assistant manager

Carlo Ancelotti’s assistant manager

Must fancy a proper gig now?

Well, I'd take him as an assistant manager.

Not a fan of giving assistants their first taste of management other than in a caretaker capacity.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Passion on the touchline. Absolutely no evidence of what sort of results he could get as a manager but at least hed run down the line and jump around if we did score.

Strictly speaking he's managed Everton for 5 games (1 win, 3 draws and a loss). Obviously it's a bit different just keeping the team ticking over mind

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Well, I'd take him as an assistant manager.

Not a fan of giving assistants their first taste of management other than in a caretaker capacity.

Fair comment, just throwing it out there but I honestly think we can, and will, do worse.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Farke was head coach at Norwich and Their Sporting Director Stuart Webber picked Farke as head coach and work with him on signings. Webber had the contacts in Germany and he vastly improved their scouting network and together they got Norwich promoted twice. 

Webber did their signings but worked with Farke on them

Would be no surprise to see both Webber and Farke rock up at Ewood!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Should have had Neil in last summer or before imo.

He just strikes me as having a bit more oomph about him than the shoulder shrugger, ok he might have not done any better but it would hardly have been a huge gamble.

Doing a cracking job at Sunderland.

• Like 7

Unless we are appointing a D of F or Sporting Director then we need an established operator in the dugout. 

There are too many issues and too much of a void for a rookie to be stepping into it and learning on the job and taking those sort of risks. It needs someone who knows the demands of working at a big club and of Championship football.

The risk would be drastically reduced if the owners installed a chairman, ceo, sporting director, board or similar who could run the club and let a younger or less experienced bloke focus on the team, but that isn't going to happen.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I was very hopeful of a quick Dyche hire, but as time marches on, I get less hopeful. He’s had promotions to PL, & kept a club up the longest. He checks those boxes. 

Right now, if I knew it was Dyche or Farke, I’d be over the moon. 

Was driving through Dinckley earlier tonight (about a mile from Brockhall) and one of my lads swears Dyche passed us in his car.  Personally took no notice but my lad says it was a distinctive personal reg that suggested it was Dyche's car (not going to post the reg on a MB).

Not a wind-up, make of it what you will.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Unless we are appointing a D of F or Sporting Director then we need an established operator in the dugout. 

There are too many issues and too much of a void for a rookie to be stepping into it and learning on the job and taking those sort of risks. It needs someone who knows the demands of working at a big club and of Championship football.

The risk would be drastically reduced if the owners installed a chairman, ceo, sporting director, board or similar who could run the club and let a younger or less experienced bloke focus on the team, but that isn't going to happen.

This 100%

Ferguson etc are all interesting but too risky if they are just expected to come in with a load of random new staff.  

The clubs infrastructure just isn't set up to support these types and if they just come in to work with existing staff it's a bit pointless.  We are in Berg, Kean territory again there so it really needs someone with some established backroom people who know what they are doing and have a plan.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Was driving through Dinckley earlier tonight (about a mile from Brockhall) and one of my lads swears Dyche passed us in his car.  Personally took no notice but my lad says it was a distinctive personal reg that suggested it was Dyche's car (not going to post the reg on a MB).

Make your mind up, or is it the Dyche/Farke/Webber/Neil dream team?😉

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This 100%

Ferguson etc are all interesting but too risky if they are just expected to come in with a load of random new staff.  

The clubs infrastructure just isn't set up to support these types and if they just come in to work with existing staff it's a bit pointless.  We are in Berg, Kean territory again there so it really needs someone with some established backroom people who know what they are doing and have a plan.

Ideally, yes.

I just don’t buy the talk of a Farke or a Dyche coming in.

With our ownership we’re either going to end up with someone naive, or an experienced manager who is desperate. 

I’d rather have a hungry manager with something to prove than someone on their way down topping up the old pension pot.

The only thing keeping me slightly optimistic is that the new manager is going to step in and basically have the run of the place, as Mowbray seemed to. Could be attractive to some.

Simply being given a budget, then being told to just get on with it with zero interference or fallings out, build the club as you want it etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Ideally, yes.

I just don’t buy the talk of a Farke or a Dyche coming in.

With our ownership we’re either going to end up with someone naive, or an experienced manager who is desperate. 

I’d rather have a hungry manager with something to prove than someone on their way down topping up the old pension pot.

The only thing keeping me slightly optimistic is that the new manager is going to step in and basically have the run of the place, as Mowbray seemed to. Could be attractive to some.

Simply being given a budget, then being told to just get on with it with zero interference or fallings out, build the club as you want it etc

To me it would all depend on who they brought with them.

If he'd come with someone else who he works with at Everton and maybe some proven coach who know the championship then yes give him a go. I quite like the idea of someone like Ferguson who seems like he has the right attitude to make the job his own. It's just that Mowbray and Venus seem to have run the whole inside of the club below boardroom level and their experience was vital in that.

They probably had to build a whole new set up from scratch because i doubt we had much of a one existing. Not sure a rookie will be able to do that but then on the other side of the coin it might be better just having someone concentrate on the team and not be involved in the rest.  As i feel that was probably a big distraction to Mowbray at times spinning too many plates and trying to keep too many happy and in jobs.

It's a dilemma for anyone coming in really because of the daft set up at this club where they expect 1st team managers to call all the shots.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Make your mind up, or is it the Dyche/Farke/Webber/Neil dream team?😉

Lol!

TBH, think any of Dyche, Farke and Neil would be a huge improvement on Mowbray.

As for Webber replacing Waggott, think only Waggott and madmen wouldn't rejoice!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Doing a cracking job at Sunderland.

I don't think he's by any means a potential great but you'd have to be daft to dismiss he outdid Mowbray in league placings a couple of times. No academy to pick from at PNE, no 5 and 7 million pound strikers, no 3 million ones either i doubt, smaller wage bill at the time and so on.

Yes probably a more stable run club of course but did he bring all his mates in in key positions as well ?  Doubt that also plus he did good things at Norwich for a spell and the fella is still only 40 that's why he has a bit more life about him.

It only started going backwards there when they sold some of their best players and he had no budget, not uncommon in management.

He isn't a yesterdays man like some on the list we now might face is what i'm trying to say.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, AJW said:

I would LIKE it to be Michael Carrick and Neil Critchley , but I’ve said before David Unsworth is the wildcard , he ticks a lot of Boxes for Venkys  young cheap available and has track record with young players and I am certain he will be considered 

He's cheap because he has zero managerial experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Better get him to spec savers - Dyche is currently in La Manga.

• Like 2

I think there should be a separate thread debating who would actually want the Rovers job, and why it would appeal to them. Let's face it, we are a basket case of a club from the resources, infrastructure and ownership perspectives. Quite why anyone other than the oddballs who have embedded themselves in the club for the past 5 years would want to come here is beyond me.

Best case scenario in my book would be an approach by a well established, but slightly eccentric manager with a decent pedigree, whose previous jobs have given them financial security, but who is looking for a club with which to rebuild a somewhat out of date profile. 

Worst case is covered ad nauseam above by other posters, the least inspiring suggestion so far being Grayson and Dunn..

Meh. It's all gone tits up

titsup.gif

Edited by Guest