BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

42 minutes ago, den said:

That article fills me with despair. More “long term”, more “player development “, more “stability”. More places for everyone at the club to hide. We’ve had that for 5 years and it’s got us where exactly?

Here’s a novel thought for them, look for a “Winner”.  It’s all they need to look for.  Winning games as soon as possible Everything else will follow from winning games. 

Why? Would you still fill with despair if we appoint an experience DoF and Farke or Carvalhal as our next head coach? 

Do you have a problem with this football structure? 

If you look at the Norwich and how they did it is something I would be looking at bringing in here. Youth Development will be key part of our footballing strategy aswell as improving our scouting knowledge to find more gems out there in the footballing world. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

More likely to be Venus as D of F with Johnson as head coach

I think Venus is leaving and if you read Nixon post this new Sporting Director role won't be Venus

Edited by chaddyrovers

The other thing that irks me while I’m at it is the continual use of the word stability. Let’s not get confused between stability within the business side of a football club - and stability on the field. 

Some fans seem to think that if you finish in a safe position in the league, that’s a good secure place to be. It isn’t because next season has no bearing on the last. You can’t plan to be stable on the field and it sounds from it as though some fans and indeed the club believe they can. It sounds like the club are planning for stability. For me, the minute you think you’re in a safe position is the minute you’re in danger.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? Would you still fill with despair if we appoint an experience DoF and Farke or Carvalhal as our next head coach? 

If you look at the Norwich and how they did it is something I would be looking at bringing in here. Youth Development will be key part of our footballing strategy aswell as improving our scouting knowledge to find more gems out there in the footballing world. 

That’s what any football club would do. Here it seems to be the limit of our ambition.

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Interesting. I thought Wilder was coming in towards the end of last season when it was apparently common knowledge amongst the players Mowbray would be leaving at the end of that campaign but for whatever reason it never happened.

Not over the moon about the prospect of Carvahal but could live with it. Would be disappointed with Grayson.

If the owners really want to show intent there's still only two stand out candidates. Farke and Dyche. No need to look any further but I'd also be reasonably happy with Ainsworth.

Read somewhere that Dyche wants to be in football management but says its difficult finding a job. Thinking back to his telephone conservation with TM, he's probably been warned about the way Venkys operate so wont want to come anywhere near Ewood. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think there is a big potential issue with this structure.

Nobody really knows what our current structure looks like, and over the last few weeks it has been highlighted that their aren’t clear remits in place. Adding another level to this already confusing hierarchy will only convolute things further.

Venky’s 

Pasha

Waggott

Director of football

Manager

I’ve no real sympathy for Mowbray, but he finally admitted the truth of the situation after years of parroting the party line - he was far too detached from the owners and their were real problems behind the scenes in terms of communication and decision making. We should be simplifying our structure, because ultimately the people at the top are not competent, trusting or caring enough for it to work.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Yes. Not a lot of information on Senior's time at Sheffield Wednesday (which might say it all), but he was an advisor as part of a three-man committee. I always assumed he was a Director of Football there. To assume is to make an ass out of u and me. 🧐

Useless fact. Senior will have brushed shoulders with Carvalhal for 4-5 months at Sheffield Wednesday during the start of Carvalhal's post there.

Interesting last line there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Read somewhere that Dyche wants to be in football management but says its difficult finding a job. Thinking back to his telephone conservation with TM, he's probably been warned about the way Venkys operate so wont want to come anywhere near Ewood. 

Dyche won't come anywhere near Ewood! Why would he given the poisoned chalice it is? Keep dreaming though if you enjoy the experience

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

Dyche won't come anywhere near Ewood! Why would he given the poisoned chalice it is? Keep dreaming though if you enjoy the experience

I stopped dreaming a long time ago. Already said I don't want Dyche. Just joining the dots and passing on my thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Nobody really knows what our current structure looks like, and over the last few weeks it has been highlighted that their aren’t clear remits in place. Adding another level to this already confusing hierarchy will only convolute things further.

Venky’s 

Pasha

Waggott

Director of football

Manager

I’ve no real sympathy for Mowbray, but he finally admitted the truth of the situation after years of parroting the party line - he was far too detached from the owners and their were real problems behind the scenes in terms of communication and decision making. We should be simplifying our structure, because ultimately the people at the top are not competent, trusting or caring enough for it to work.

As close ago as when Kilgalllon was here he said after he left that nobody knew who was doing what at Blackburn behind the scenes. 

If you need to know something you have to go through director of this that and the other then still get nowhere.

Absolutely pathetic it still might be like that, no wonder the pay roll never comes down.  How many wage drains to Venkys have on it ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets hope so this is great appointment team

Why does it attractive Carrick or Ferguson? 

Surely it depends who the new Sporting Director and New Head Coach is and why would it led to increase of agents here? 

Carvalhal has used and develop youth at Braga I am led to believe.  

Paul Senior wasn't appointed until January and lasted 5 months. 

If you have a problem with it then maybe either ignore it or unfollow him. 

Well Mercer I seriously hope you are correct with this post of Webber and Farke coming here. It would be 2 great appointments by us. 

My point not specific to those 2 individuals regarding a novice is that they theoretically would be seen more suitable to a head coach role whereby a director of football (your favourite role) is taking some of the responsibilities (eg transfers) away from him considering he would have had no experience of dealing with any of them in the past. I don't want a novice based on his playing reputation but the assumption that everyone has taken from the story that we want a director of football/sporting director is that Farke or Carvahal are coming rather than a novice or a waste of time, especially considering Venkys track record.

Regarding Nixon, I don't follow him, although it is difficult to ignore his tweets on here whereby you have shared his mythical story about a shortlist, (which doesn't exist considering we are so early in the process and even then, he didn't know all of the names anyway!) his opinions both on video via Radio Lancashire and on twitter regarding his views on the situation, his advice on not paying attention to betting odds and a regular commentary of cryptic nonsense and opinions from him!

I just find it funny that people tweet him so often when they will only receive cryptic answers and as if he does know who will be our new manager and would reply if someone directly asked him, otherwise he would keep such a story quiet when he is a bloody journalist!

• Backroom

The only good reason to bring in a DoF and manager at the same time, at this stage, would be if they already know each other and have worked together in the past. Otherwise the process of bringing in a DoF and then bringing in a manager based on his recommendations would take too long considering we're already in the middle of May. 

Bringing in a DoF and manager separately, at the same time, with no link between the two would be stupid, but knowing who owns us... certainly a strong possibility. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, den said:

That’s what any football club would do. Here it seems to be the limit of our ambition.

If you are bringing in Farke or Carvalhal then promotion will be the aim. 

Mowbray made far too many excuses about not able to match other teams financially and we should be happy with mid table. Huddersfield and Luton have shown that you don't need loads of money

35 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Venky’s 

Pasha

Waggott

Director of football

Manager

I think this structure should have been put in place as soon as Venkys took over the club IMO. 

I imagine if Venkys have signed off on this structure then they are fully behind it. 

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Venkys and the staff at Ewood will be on the same page regarding the roles needed, but whoever is put forward to the owners will need to make a trip to India.

I think it'll be a month or so before both roles and core staff are sorted.

Everything has always needed sign off from India. No one on the ground actually has any power.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you are bringing in Farke or Carvalhal then promotion will be the aim. 

Mowbray made far too many excuses about not able to match other teams financially and we should be happy with mid table. Huddersfield and Luton have shown that you don't need loads of money

I think this structure should have been put in place as soon as Venkys took over the club IMO. 

I imagine if Venkys have signed off on this structure then they are fully behind it. 

The only person Venky’s have employed and been fully behind in the last 11 and a half years was Steve Kean.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, den said:

That article fills me with despair. More “long term”, more “player development “, more “stability”. More places for everyone at the club to hide. We’ve had that for 5 years and it’s got us where exactly?

Here’s a novel thought for them, look for a “Winner”.  It’s all they need to look for.  Winning games as soon as possible Everything else will follow from winning games. 

That's exactly what I thought reading that article.  Small to no budget, not bothered about winning, just put players in the shop window. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point not specific to those 2 individuals regarding a novice is that they theoretically would be seen more suitable to a head coach role whereby a director of football (your favourite role) is taking some of the responsibilities (eg transfers) away from him considering he would have had no experience of dealing with any of them in the past. I don't want a novice based on his playing reputation but the assumption that everyone has taken from the story that we want a director of football/sporting director is that Farke or Carvahal are coming rather than a novice or a waste of time, especially considering Venkys track record.

Michael Carrick is being linked with Lincoln job and he is reported has interested in the job. 

A director of football is responsible for much more than just transfers and he is going for all of footballing structure. 

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regarding Nixon, I don't follow him, although it is difficult to ignore his tweets on here whereby you have shared his mythical story about a shortlist, (which doesn't exist considering we are so early in the process and even then, he didn't know all of the names anyway!) his opinions both on video via Radio Lancashire and on twitter regarding his views on the situation, his advice on not paying attention to betting odds and a regular commentary of cryptic nonsense and opinions from him!

I just find it funny that people tweet him so often when they will only receive cryptic answers and as if he does know who will be our new manager and would reply if someone directly asked him, otherwise he would keep such a story quiet when he is a bloody journalist!

Nixon never said they was a shortlist already but Rovers planned to interview 6 candidates. This is where you aren't properly following the story. Sharpe has said we have had over 60 applications for the job. So that suggests to me this is sort after position but we have to appoint the right person for the head coach that we want they to fill

I have had a few bets on the next manager of us and that I have picked up some good odds on a few. 

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Venkys have signed this structure off before. It couldn't save us from relegation to League One.

Venkys are all we've got at the moment. It's a longshot to think they'll get these two appointments right. It's hard to not be pessimistic. Can only hope they succeed. 🤷‍♂️

lets see who we appoint into the 2 roles and then give our verdict on it

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Michael Carrick is being linked with Lincoln job and he is reported has interested in the job. 

A director of football is responsible for much more than just transfers and he is going for all of footballing structure. 

Nixon never said they was a shortlist already but Rovers planned to interview 6 candidates. This is where you aren't properly following the story. Sharpe has said we have had over 60 applications for the job. So that suggests to me this is sort after position but we have to appoint the right person for the head coach that we want they to fill

I have had a few bets on the next manager of us and that I have picked up some good odds on a few. 

Thought Lincoln appointed Mark Kennedy?Was number 2 for Bowyer at Brum

• Like 1