BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

It seems strange to me that Ferguson's odds have suddenly shorthened enough to make him favourite for the job at the same time that Rovers have announced that the 'short list' has increased from 5 to 8 and that they may approach some 'in-work' managers on top of that.

Surely this points to the fact that we are nowhere near making any final decisions and that anyone interviewed so far has not impressed enough to have their odds shortened to make them an obvious favourite.

Doesn't add up at all. I can't see Ferguson's personality and unruly history appealing to Madame V

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That in itself would be a bit of a red flag for me. If they thought he was any good, you'd think they'd be fighting tooth and nail to keep him.

Lampard has two assistant managers I believe, correct me if I’m wrong. One of them he brought in himself… From Dunc’s point of view Lampard has done quite poorly and could be gone again before Christmas. Then it’s either a step back or the same role again at Everton, or try and gain some experience to return to Goodison as manager one day. 

Who is ‘Myers’? The journo?

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray's time here was not the unprecedented, abject failure that your agenda leads you to make out. It is possible for us to get an inferior manager, 

Possible but somewhat unlikely I'd wager.

I do however concede that if the outstanding candidate out of a field of 50 was someone who has only managed for 5 competitive games what must the other 49 have  been like?

That said I'd take a punt on someone untried and untested like Ferguson over a proven serial failure like Mowbray anyway.

• Like 1

I suspect old pals acts at work again here.

Lampard and Ferguson are to big characters so i reckon the club or someone there is looking to let him go.  Outrage if they sack him but he's an elephant in the room for Lampard.

Oh look Blackburn are looking for a manager and a guy close to both camps is a pal of big Dunc.

Pick up the phone and make him sound like he's everything Venkys have ever wanted, meanwhile briefing Duncan on what he needs to do/say.

Myers normally spouts everything Rovers do but i think hes been a bit quiet on this....go figure.  Surely they wouldn't be daft enough give him the Sporting Director role as well....would they...

• Like 4

Who was it said the other day that the plan is “ managed decline “ ? What other view can we take.  Of all the options we can take the Chokers chose somebody like Ferguson. If we have to have a Ferguson I’d rather have Darren Ferguson ! At least he’s been a manager. Drunken Duncan is just a motivator, that won’t wash with today’s players for more than a game or two. 

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

It seems strange to me that Ferguson's odds have suddenly shorthened enough to make him favourite for the job at the same time that Rovers have announced that the 'short list' has increased from 5 to 8 and that they may approach some 'in-work' managers on top of that.

Surely this points to the fact that we are nowhere near making any final decisions and that anyone interviewed so far has not impressed enough to have their odds shortened to make them an obvious favourite.

Doesn't add up at all. I can't see Ferguson's personality and unruly history appealing to Madame V

There’s the Waggot list and the Venky’s list. 

5 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Just out of interest, who chose Tony Mowbray as manager? Was it a venkys job or the puppets at Ewood?

The same people who brought us Coyle, Lambert, Bowyer and to all intents and purposes, Steve Kean.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, unleaded said:

No one but Myers is pushing Ferguson.. he has a direct line to the owners History just repeating itself …. Hope the Venkys have learnt from past mistakes but it’s always ends badly……

Probably sent them Videos of Real Madrid manager name dropping Ferguson last night after the Liverpool Win ……Everton will allow Ferguson to leave without compensation to make his exit smoother …….

Carlos Carvalhal has been offered 3.5 Million yearly salary tax free from the gulf club but STILL waiting on Rovers to get back to him regarding his coaching staff & budget details as he prefers the championship once again ……

If Ferguson gets the job what’s the point of interviews ……

Same old venkys 

I have no idea how well Duncan Ferguson would do as he’s only managed 5 football matches. 

Won 1

Lost 1

Drawn 3

How you can possibly judge someone either way I don’t know.

Same with Beale.

So would I put one of these people in charge of my multi million £££ business that for financial reasons needs success? No.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, not only taking everything as gospel but backing up your comments by using Mercer's post as evidence! He has a track record of posting duff information on here, as you regularly state yourself.

I used several different posters comments/sources to back my point up. You are obsess with only one person 

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

As you know, Mr Nixon has stated that no contact has been made.

If he gets it, the  fact that no-one has a clue whether or not he would make a decent manager makes our process of interviewing eight others seem even more ridiculous.

He’d be getting it because he’s the cheap option, and because of people pushing him to Venkys.

Local Merseyside reporter is reported different. 

Not at all, If he is the best choice out of the 8 people we have interested then appoint him. 

All depends who these people are pushing him to Waggott and Pasha

1 hour ago, J*B said:

How can we all know it’s a terrible decision yet they don’t? 

Why not be open mind?. It could be poor appointment or it could be good appointment. Farke hasn't achieved anything before he was appoint Norwich head coach and look at what he delivered. Maybe Ferguson will the same or not. Only time will tell. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Sigh.

Could you name me a professional football club that doesn't carry out remedial work on the pitch during the summer?

Why is this seen as some sort of accomplishment that a Championship football club replaces the top layer of its pitch after a season of use? 

Crafty use of the word 'weaved' too - similar to 'stitched' - this is not a 'stitched' pitch which would cost considerable amounts and was what Waggott lied and said we would be getting last summer. What we are getting is the bare minimum.

Communication on kits? Crikey

I thought the Community Trust was an independent charity. Not sure why those running Rovers deserve credit for that work.

Not interested in other clubs pitch work. I'm bothered about Rovers pitch and it being as good as possible for the new season. 

You might not be interest in the new season kits but some of us are and when they are on sale. 

Still part of the Rovers club

😂 such a 180 degree turn simply off the back of a rumour. 2 days ago, it was Carlos Carvahal's blue and white army. Now Farke (who was the flavour of the month initially) is being dismissed and criticised and a guy with 5 matches on his CV could be the stand out of 8 options.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

We’ve just finished 8th and have played some excellent football at times. That is measured progress Imo. Yes Mowbray cocked it all up with his bitchfest but despite this I still see it as progress. 

Over the last 12 years we have only gone in one direction and that is backwards.

Recently we have gone slightly less backwards than before. 

I'm still waiting for the big changes, any time frame for when that will happen?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully its just gossip, hes not the first manager to suddenly be assumed as our next manager this week, the words "Carlos Carvahal's blue and white army" were uttered the other day!

I would not be surprised but I would be annoyed and would rather even have Mowbray over him.

what to get annoyed at? why not get him a chance and be open mind on the appointment? And judge him on wins, where we are in the league and his tactical decisions

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

If we do end up with Ferguson its because he's the cheapest option.

who says he is a cheap option?

26 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Just out of interest, who chose Tony Mowbray as manager? Was it a venkys job or the puppets at Ewood?

It was Paul Senior

Edited by chaddyrovers

Think Ferguson has some serious backing for this appointment from within football - it's not just Myers!  

He is very highly respected in the game.

Odds have tumbled and he's now odds on.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what to get annoyed at? why not get him a chance and be open mind on the appointment? And judge him on wins, where we are in the league and his tactical decisions

who says he is a cheap option?

It was Paul Senior

Cut the superfan rubbish about giving him a chance etc, ill be there and I will give him or anyone a chance.

But equally I will be annoyed because there are proven managers available and at least one has had an interview apparently. Ferguson is a total novice.

Like I said, hopefully its another false rumour.

• Like 4

Just now, Mercer said:

Think Ferguson has some serious backing for this appointment from within football - it's not just Myers!  

He is very highly respected in the game.

Odds have tumbled and he's now odds on.

Given the backing Kean had in his time at Rovers from the football establishment he appeared to be “  highly respected in the game “. It’s just a shame that in reality he was a shit bag.

• Like 6