BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

26 minutes ago, Tormund said:

I’d even take Solskjaer at this rate 

Personally think Solskjaer would be a very good fit for us, the ridicule he gets is way over the top, so maybe he's not cut out for the pressures of "elite" management (only a tiny few are!) but i think he'd do well here with the right support and I'm sure he'll have a real point to prove afyer the way things worked out at united. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes you could have done if you wanted. 

But I would have wanted to speak 6 candidates and whether they fit the club's footballing strategy and then pick one from those interviews

Which is pretty much what they've done/are doing.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes you could have done if you wanted. 

But I would have wanted to speak 6 candidates and whether they fit the club's footballing strategy and then pick one from those interviews

If you actually think anyone at the club has a “football strategy” then I give up on you Chadster. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dallydally said:

The Venkys have a strategy???

The key part in the post was I was explaining what I would do and finding the right candidate that fitting into the club strategy 

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Which is pretty much what they've done/are doing.

Which is one reason why I think its the right way of doing it. other clubs have done in the past few months like QPR, Sunderland, Manchester United, Everton.

1 minute ago, Butty said:

If you actually think anyone at the club has a “football strategy” then I give up on you Chadster. 

The key part in the post was I was explaining what I would do and finding the right candidate that fitting into the club strategy

Is it actual chaos or just a far too lethargic laid back approach ?

I'd wager it's that rather than outright madness of the past although iv'e no doubt a few there still haven't the first clue in which direction to go. So they speak to a few agents, draw up a few lists, maybe even interview someone.

Then just sit and wait to be told what to do, meanwhile some minion is hanging around somewhere just waiting to pluck up courage to speak to the main person for a decision.

Edited by tomphil

If Farke and Carvalhal are gone then we can certainly forget about some of the other big names linked.

I think I would be looking at Gary Rowett in the hope he'd fancy moving closer to home after 3 years with Millwall.

Failing that maybe Garry Monk. Dealt quite well in terrible circumstances at Birmingham and Sheff Wed, knows the Championship well, probably has a point to prove.

My hopes and expectations, even though I should have known better, have taken a beating once again and with time drifting by I think we need a safe pair of hands rather than a leap into the unknown.

Cheers Venkys

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I had a 7 stage interview process once, made it to stage 7 then didn't get the job. What a complete waste of money & time for everyone involved. I swear most of it is people wanting to feel powerful and/or justifying their existence 

Agreed, drives me insane!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which is one reason why I think its the right way of doing it. other clubs have done in the past few months like QPR, Sunderland, Manchester United, Everton.

On one hand, you day the proess has taken too long.

On the other hand, you say it's right way of doing it.

Make your mind up!

• Like 3

There are lots of people judging the process of interviewing managers by comparing it to their own experiences in totally different fields. For a start, those being interviewed for our managerial job have had their whole career constantly in the public eye the whole time!

The whole thing seems farcical, how slow it is and things are always slow under these bastard owners, not aided by having a seemingly clueless CEO with no autonomy to make decisions anyway.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Sound, be upset then. That’s your choice though…your choice to be angry and upset about things you cannot control. 

I do agree that getting too worked up about rumours when clearly not a single person knows what is happening is unnecessary, we've had managers welcomed on here, people setting their profile pictures on social media to linked managers, people losing their shit about specific linked individuals, so I take your point there.

But in general, surely this sort of motto is meaningless, a big part of the experience of being a football fan is having strong emotions about things we cannot control?

You got angry when Coyle was appointed to the point of stopping attending. I assume you like me got angry and/or upset by us getting relegated that season, by us getting relegated under Kean, by Kean staying in situ for so long, by our collapse this season, or even at individual games, I don't know if you went to Peterborough but I was pretty angry when their second went in regardless of having no control over it. Conversely, it can make us happy when we can't control it.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I get annoyed when Mowbray constantly gets directly compared to the lowest common denominator in Coyle as if that's the only alternative and whilst the latter undoubtedly did poorly he had the rug pulled from under his feet before he got here with Hanley, Duffy and Rhodes sold and no worthwhile funds to play with whereas Mowbray has been lavishly backed over his tenure in comparison to the point where he could simply waste £2m by sending Mulgrew to Coventry (or rather Wigan and Fleetwood) for a couple of seasons.

I also feel like it is counterproductive to compare Mowbray to Coyle, Mowbray did an ok and steady if unspectacular job here, to compare him to a disaster like Coyle is unfair.

You mention using Coyle as a benchmark, Mowbray certainly wasn't "lavishly backed" across his tenure, moderately at times more like especially compared to the rest of the league, whereas Coyle had one of the numerous summers under Venkys whereby they sold and didn't reinvest. If being lavishly backed is comparable to that summer under Coyle then it doesn't say much about our billionaire owners!

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tormund said:

I’d even take Solskjaer at this rate 

Recent United managers managing 20+ games (win percentages):

Ferguson - 59.7%

Mourinho - 58.3%

Solskjaer - 54.2%

Van Gaal - 52.4%

Moyes - 51.9%

Rangnick - 37.9%

He doesn't necessarily strike me as a top manager, but better win percentages than Van Gaal and Moyes suggest he's not that bad. They finished above Liverpool and Klopp in 20/21.

I'd certainly take him over some of the names being linked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

and I had to go through a rigorous, multi stage process for my job, but this is not the same.

The normal recruitment process for a higher level football club is to go after someone.

How do you know this? It’s just pure opinion…

• Like 1

Solskjaer is a shit manager, win percentages are limited in that they make results a binary outcome when there are in fact 3 outcomes, but also they don't factor in what situation those teams were in prior.

Surely the more useful comparison would be how he did with lesser resources at Cardiff...

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Personally think Solskjaer would be a very good fit for us, the ridicule he gets is way over the top, so maybe he's not cut out for the pressures of "elite" management (only a tiny few are!) but i think he'd do well here with the right support and I'm sure he'll have a real point to prove afyer the way things worked out at united. 

The way this is going we can only dream of a manager with the caliber of Solskjaer

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its will be very interesting few days now where Rovers go with their search for our head coach. Let's see who get link to our head coach job. 

Now its appears that Farke has gone elsewhere and Carvalhal has gone to the UAE. So where do Rovers look now and where are looking for the next head coach?

I don't know who I want to be our head coach but I know who I don't want tho. We need this next appointment to be show of intent and ambition plus someone who can build on last season 8th finish and get us into the top 6 even top 2. 

Interesting does not accurately summarise a constant wave of people everywhere claiming to know who is being interviewed and who has got the job, only to constantly turn out to be false. Who cares who gets linked, think of all of the names that have been linked that turned out to be bullshit, the magical 47 managers, none of which will be at Ewood Park it seems next season. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Solskjaer is a shit manager, win percentages are limited in that they make results a binary outcome when there are in fact 3 outcomes, but also they don't factor in what situation those teams were in prior.

Surely the more useful comparison would be how he did with lesser resources at Cardiff...

He finished above Liverpool and Klopp with an inferior side the season before last. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

On one hand, you day the process has taken too long.

On the other hand, you say it's right way of doing it.

Make your mind up!

Its been a month now since Mowbray was going. 

I explained in detailed the way the interview and selection of the preferred candidate should have happened. I can't be any more clearer than I have been in the previous post. The announcement should have been today. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Sound, be upset then. That’s your choice though…your choice to be angry and upset about things you cannot control. 

Angry and upset - you have made the wrong assumption about me there. My comment was a generalisation covering the whole spectrum of our fan base (and people in general). 

29 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

A big no thank you. Tactically all over the place. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If Farke and Carvalhal are gone then we can certainly forget about some of the other big names linked.

I think I would be looking at Gary Rowett in the hope he'd fancy moving closer to home after 3 years with Millwall.

Failing that maybe Garry Monk. Dealt quite well in terrible circumstances at Birmingham and Sheff Wed, knows the Championship well, probably has a point to prove.

My hopes and expectations, even though I should have known better, have taken a beating once again and with time drifting by I think we need a safe pair of hands rather than a leap into the unknown.

Cheers Venkys

They’re not gone though are they? I haven’t read or seen anything showing them holding a scarf up at another club.

Its been 3-4 weeks guys. A normal timeframe for a 60+ applicant, two stage process…

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He finished above Liverpool and Klopp with an inferior side the season before last. 

Only in exceptional circumstances. Liverpool spent the majority of that season without any defenders, with Van Dijk, Matip and Gomez all injured.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its been a month now since Mowbray was going. 

I explained in detailed the way the interview and selection of the preferred candidate should have happened. I can't be any more clearer than I have been in the previous post. The announcement should have been today. 

The owners clearly had no intention of extending Mowbray's contract months and months ago, so in reality, they have had months to have someone lined up.

But why specifically today, may I ask, should the announcement have been?