BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

8 minutes ago, superniko said:

Ainsworth took a poor team from L2 to the Championship and then back to the playoff final again in L1. 
Regardless of whether it’s Rovers or not he clearly deserves a Championship job now - to say otherwise would be completely blinkered. 

Rovers are a mid-table Championship side and therefore it would hardly be a crazy decision either way, and he would be rumoured/considered regardless of his Rovers connections. 

Agreed 

I think most fans would get right behind Ainsworth, especially with some of the other names being linked. I doubt he'd be too many peoples #1 choice though.

Wheres this Woodgate idea even come from? Purely because of the Boro link?

On a side note, we might not like admitting it but Blackpool are probably fishing in the same managerial pond as us right now, if we piss about too much someone like Ainsworth might get snapped up. Of course he'd rather come here you'd have thought but if the offer ain't on the table...

• Like 1

If and it's a big if Ainsworth was appointed i think it would probably emerge he was the intended target all along.  Just had to wait for obvious reasons then negotiate and maybe let him have a little break.  That's how these things often go when there is a real specific target.

Then it would be blatantly obvious all the Carlos, Farke stuff etc was nonsense all along and just agent tittle tattle to get names in the media.

The first paragraph is probably giving far too much benefit of the doubt though.

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

So Waggot decides and THEN Venkies vet him friggin scary.  Doomed to fail.  Somebody mentioned mediocrity, well that would be a plus as I fear rank incompetence is coming again 

It sounds like we have Derek Shaw to thank for that policy.

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The only credential he has for the role is that he used to play for us and the fans loved him. Don't think we'll be employing him as a Sporting Director on the bases that he's a lawyer. On paper, it'd be a mad appointment. He's not in the game anymore, other than for some legal capacity on a committee.

I think the Sporting Director needs to be a name that up and coming players will want to sign for. I reckon it'll be Stuart Pearce.

Presumed from comments about incoming DOF, that had a Rovers link

However would prefer Stuart Pearce, as unlikely as it may be.

43 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What's bad about Ainsworth?

Worked absolute wonders at Wycombe.

Zero budget got them promoted from league 2 no budget to Championship.

Relegated from champ as they had no budget and there players were awful.

With a good team he would work absolute wonders.

Plus he's a winner with a winners mentality.

he can`t take wycombe any further,he`s realised that,every manager needs to move on or up or they go backwards,he`s done 10 years at wycombe btw

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I think most fans would get right behind Ainsworth, especially with some of the other names being linked. I doubt he'd be too many peoples #1 choice though.

This, suspend the thread until appointment! 

😄 No. It was the first initials that came to my head. Or it could be Ben Mee. He's looking for a new challenge. ☺️

Then again, Billy McKinlay does have experience... And those are his initials... And he is a former Rover, legended by booting Savo Milošević's boot half way across the Ewood pitch...

Could be benny Mccarthy 

😄 No. It was the first initials that came to my head. Or it could be Ben Mee. He's looking for a new challenge. ☺️

Then again, Billy McKinlay does have experience... And those are his initials... And he is a former Rover, legended by booting Savo Milošević's boot half way across the Ewood pitch...

BM refers to Borussia Moenchanblabdach who are reportedly after Farke.

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

This is where I would be if Ainsworth got the gig. Not my number 1 choice but definitely an appointment I would get behind.

Agreed.

Especially in light of absolute horror shows like Pardew and inexperienced names like Ferguson/Carrick.

Imagine Ainsworth when we’re coming up against the Dingles…

• Like 1