BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

We need to change our requirements and search if after over a month scouring the globe that's the best that they can come up with.

Championship experience is only any use if its successful experience and relatively recent. Ainsworth and Warne both failures in their limited Championship careers.

Jose Mourinho has no Championship experience- does he get overlooked?

If the Club wants to hamstring itself by insisting existing staff are retained then that's their choice, but I won't support acts of self destruction and let's not pretend that things couldn't be done differently and for the better. 

Jobs for the boys at Brockhall though.

I think they are some decent options on there. Xisco Munoz, Thomas Christiansen, Sabri Lamouchi would be upgrade on Mowbray in all fairness. Jokanovic will be interesting one. Cocu could be decent enough if we got the PSV one

I didn't mention Paul Warne and Gareth Ainsworth tho. Is Mourinho leaving Roma to 

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

The club and supporters couldn't have stomached another day of him. It was well and truly over. Even if the next manager is worse on paper, we had to move on as a club. The situation was becoming unbearable and boring.

I certainly was not suggesting that we keep Mowbray. That list was full of no marks though so I was just pointing out that not everyone is a natural upgrade on him.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have kept of who these 3 candidates are who will be second interview this week. What we do know is 2 things from what has been reported by 3 different journalists is Rovers want Championship experience and are currently out of work currently. 

So here are a few knows who fit this profile are Phillip Cocu, Jonathon Woodgate, Xisco Munoz, Thomas Christiansen, Sabri Lamouchi, Gary Monk, Simon Grayson, Mark Warburton and Slaviša Jokanović

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

so who would you prefer from that list over Mowbray then? 

Also What other options are there out there then if you think that list is depressing given what we know is that we want a out of work head coach, championship experience and probably someone who will work with some of the existing staff? 

I dont know if we do want an out of work head coach with Championship experience, we can regurgitate gossip but one thing that we have all learnt is that no one knows what they are talking about regarding our search. I wouldnt limit ourselves to such strict parameters.

From your list, Jokanovic would be one id have despite his poor spell at Sheff Utd. Warburton is about on par, the others are shocking suggestions. Wasnt Christansen crap at Leeds? 

Conversely, how many of them would you consider to be upgrades on Mowbray? (I know he needed to go so theres no point trotting that line up, im aware and agree) Who would you want from that list?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have kept of who these 3 candidates are who will be second interview this week. What we do know is 2 things from what has been reported by 3 different journalists is Rovers want Championship experience and are currently out of work currently. 

So here are a few knows who fit this profile are Phillip Cocu, Jonathon Woodgate, Xisco Munoz, Thomas Christiansen, Sabri Lamouchi, Gary Monk, Simon Grayson, Mark Warburton and Slaviša Jokanović

(I know you won't answer this because you pretend to ignore me 😅😅

But why no Slaven Billic? 

He ticks all the boxes and is easily the best candidate out of the lot on experience alone.

After Billic, Jokanovic would be the next logical option (assuming they actually want a leader and not just another puppet manager that just goes with the flow) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont know if we do want an out of work head coach with Championship experience, we can regurgitate gossip but one thing that we have all learnt is that no one knows what they are talking about regarding our search. I wouldnt limit ourselves to such strict parameters.

That is what has been reported by 3 different journalists. So no other names? So if the strict parameters wasn't what has been promote then who would you go for?

From your list, Jokanovic would be one id have despite his poor spell at Sheff Utd. Warburton is about on par, the others are shocking suggestions. Wasnt Christansen crap at Leeds? 

Christiansen averaged 1.51 points per game at Leeds, plus he has good/decent record at 2 other European clubs. Plus international experience. Leeds record 35 games, 15 won, 6 draw and 14 lose. 

Conversely, how many of them would you consider to be upgrades on Mowbray? (I know he needed to go so theres no point trotting that line up, im aware and agree) Who would you want from that list?

I'm answered that question in my post above. 

9 minutes ago, Craigman said:

I’m going for Mark Robins. Follow Tony from Coventry to Blackburn. Certain agents client. 

Been very quiet on him hasn't it.

Literally the only person I wouldn't mind off the HSH list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It will be a load of bollox but we are in bollox season so might as well post it.

Screenshot_20220606-183345_Twitter.jpg

The noises I've been hearing were that we'd be looking to speak to people who were in work this week so there might be something in it.

What would people's thoughts be on this?

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The noises I've been hearing were that we'd be looking to speak to people who were in work this week so there might be something in it.

Good manager worked wonders on a very limited budget, superb man manager 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Warne, like Ainsworth has earned a chance. Why not with us? I think he’s a good manager 👍🏼

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I’d imagine that if after several weeks of interviews we suddenly decided to approach a thrice-relegated from the championship manager already in a job, then we’ve probably been turned down by several of our initial targets.

I would also imagine that if we made an approach to Rotherham to speak to him, then we’ve already spoken off the record and he’s highly likely to get it. I can’t see us rocking Rotherhams boat to speak to him, then turn him down.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It will be a load of bollox but we are in bollox season so might as well post it.

Screenshot_20220606-183345_Twitter.jpg

likes the long ball and if you are under 6 foot then go might as well find yourself a new club,set pieces would improve though,the moaners on the riverside who did`nt like big sams style of football will be apoplectic about this guy🤣

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’d imagine that if after several weeks of interviews we suddenly decided to approach a thrice-relegated from the championship manager already in a job, then we’ve probably been turned down by several of our initial targets.

I would also imagine that if we made an approach to Rotherham to speak to him, then we’ve already spoken off the record and he’s highly likely to get it. I can’t see us rocking a boat to then turn him down.

Would tend to agree on both counts.

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Seems a good League 1 manager but who knows if he could bring that to the Championship (if given a better budget?)

In the Ainsworth category.

Not as bad as some suggestions as the guy actually has some experience of managing a football club.

Edited by booth

The more I read up on Warne the more impressed I am with him, especially compared to some of the alternatives being bandied about. Two promotions, done it on a threadbare budget and plays to his player's strengths. As a bonus, he would hopefully bring some much needed passion to the club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Blackpool CEO opens up on Neil Critchley Aston Villa exit and provides manager search update - LancsLive

Yes, and look at this, a CEO who clearly knows his arse from his elbow and communicates with supporters.

A stark contrast to our shit show.

Spot on.

Mansford is a smart cookie who, IMO, would leave Waggott trailing in his wake.

Casey Wasserman does not employ w@nkers.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3