BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, onlyoneDuff said:

The more I read up on Warne the more impressed I am with him, especially compared to some of the alternatives being bandied about. Two promotions, done it on a threadbare budget and plays to his player's strengths. As a bonus, he would hopefully bring some much needed passion to the club

no disrespect to rotherham but rovers are a step up,he must feel he`s taken rotherham as far as he can,i can say the only positive about him for me is that he`s very different from mowbray,i can`t see his style of play going down well with some of our supporters

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The noises I've been hearing were that we'd be looking to speak to people who were in work this week so there might be something in it.

What would people's thoughts be on this?

Don't really know a lot about him to be fair. 3 promotions now with Rotherham is it? 

Could he get a club with more resources/better squad into the playoffs in the championship? 

Like Ainsworth, all his success has been at league one level and then it's been a struggle in the championship. 

My conern is, is league one his level?

• Like 1

The things I've heard from Ainsworth and his position at Wycombe suggests to me that deep down he knows his level, he's the right person at the right club. Would be very predictable to see him leave, get sacked after 1/2 seasons somewhere and struggle to find another job as good as the one he originally had at Wycombe. Reading between the lines I think he knows this aswell. 

Don't intend to be harsh but he comes across as a small time manager who's well aware the grass isn't greener and isn't confident in his ability to manager at higher levels.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The noises I've been hearing were that we'd be looking to speak to people who were in work this week so there might be something in it.

What would people's thoughts be on this?

Plays a striker as a striker. I’m sold.

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, Neal said:

The things I've heard from Ainsworth and his position at Wycombe suggests to me that deep down he knows his level, he's the right person at the right club. Would be very predictable to see him leave, get sacked after 1/2 seasons somewhere and struggle to find another job as good as the one he originally had at Wycombe. Reading between the lines I think he knows this aswell. 

Don't intend to be harsh but he comes across as a small time manager who's well aware the grass isn't greener and isn't confident in his ability to manager at higher levels.

Reads similar to Coleman at Accy, that.

• Like 2

Ainsworth is the 2nd longest serving manager in England, Warne is the 6th. Coming up to 10 years in Sept for Ainsworth and 6 for Warne in November. 

Both done great jobs at their respective clubs, I do wonder if they've had offers elsewhere though, and if not why not? Or are they both just super loyal? Both coming up to 50 years old so not complete rookies in the managerial game by any means.

Both worked on a complete shoestring budget before and whilst we're not exactly rolling in it, they'd definitely have a bit more to spend. But is that even a factor if we're getting this brand spanking new DOF in? Their contacts in the game might not be all that, but again we'll have the DOF for that right?

Almost all successful managers in history cut their teeth at a slightly lower level before making the step up to be fair.

Both are gambles but it's fair to say that applies to whoever we appoint. Farke was my first choice, wasn't as keen on Carvalhal but would have been OK with him. 

I'd prefer either Ainsworth or Warne over Ferguson 100%.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Maybe, but that’s pure speculation.

Of course it is but no different to any other posts.
My point was that if, as we are now being told, that they want someone with championship experience who is still in work, then between Warne and Ainsworth who have very similar CV’s then I should have thought that Ainsworth would have been the choice. 

Anyway it is what it is if Warne is the choice. 

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

warne straight in at 3/1 with the bookies,i know there has been a lot of ******* about various managers coming here,but this one does look genuine,incidentally,mowbray amongst the frontrunners for the blackpool job🤣

He’d come in to that price from 12s first thing this morning, and I wondered then if an approach had been made.

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

We started off by interviewing decent candidates in Carvalhal and Farke, we’re now looking at poundshop appointments in Rotherham and Wycombe managers.

This outcome was predicable, they’re going down the cheap route again, it’s a bloody disgrace. 

Venkys out!

Farke has go to the Bundesliga and Carvalhal gone to UAE for around 6 times the salary he would have got here. 

Would Warne really be the worst choice? Good solid manager. Hopefully working with better quality players he could take us to PL within 2 years of his reign 

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

He’d come in to that price from 12s first thing this morning, and I wondered then if an approach had been made.

He was 3/1 last night at 11pm. He was around 18/1 a couple of days ago 

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

We started off by interviewing decent candidates in Carvalhal and Farke, we’re now looking at poundshop appointments in Rotherham and Wycombe managers.

This outcome was predicable, they’re going down the cheap route again, it’s a bloody disgrace. 

Venkys out!

Better than getting an unemployed manager off the scrapheap though?

(Like Mowbray)

• Like 6

One thing I know is for certain in this messed-up affair.

When the new manager is announced, I (and probably a lot of you) will be completely underwhelmed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Venkys out!

still an upgrade on moggasaurous imo,however uninspiring,his rotherham side did`nt fanny around with players out of position

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was 3/1 last night at 11pm. He was around 18/1 a couple of days ago 

I was in bed then, but fair enough 🙂 The point remains the same, ie there must have been some reason for the shortening price.

Let us all know if any of the half dozen journos you’ve asked on Twitter if we’ve approached Rotherham get back to you.

• Like 1