BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Imagine having over 6 weeks of knowing we won't have a manager and fucking about.

Carvalhal offered the job but we wouldn't get rid of Lowe and Benson.

I imagine the above is same for Farke.

We will panic rush the managerial appointment due to Waggott not being able to sell the dream

Expecting a shit appointment.

I think a lot of out of managers(and "their people") are just using us to help push through the jobs they really want at other clubs and negotiate better deals for themselves. 

Their loss, fck em! And the same goes for any player that wants away. 

16 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Rooney if they go local …..

JDT if they go abroad …..

either way they running out of options …

For anyone who believes the club and owners have learnt any lessons over the past 11yrs, want to make amends, to do things differently for the good of the club, town and its supporters, let this sink in.........

Running out of options.......

Disgusting, this is exactly what you get from absent owners, 4th division CEO and poundshop football club.

Venkys out

Edited by Gav
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Rooney dealt with a rough hand at Derby.

I think he did well enough with what he had and it would be interesting to see how he got on with better players.

I think he's getting overrated now, lets see how he gets on with a team not constantly playing catch up with points deductions and continuous relegation threat which can really impact players differently at the time. Rooney deserves credit yes, but they were always chasing to survive, its going to be a completely different offering with us and isn't necessarily going to work the same. ultimately, he is still very inexperienced for me and isnt the best role model either considering the bad press he's received lately.

• Like 6

JDT did well in Swedish league albeit only being the Swedish league, two league wins in two seasons, did well in the Champions League in one of those seasons. Not as experienced as some but not much different to Knutsen. 

• Like 1

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

There’s been about 15 big shifts in the last few weeks and no-one appointed…

I read that as 'The Lloyds Bank Coprolite'

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

There’s been about 15 big shifts in the last few weeks and no-one appointed…

Not seen odds so low for any candidate.  When they get so low........

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ferguson now 1/5 with Bet Victor.  That's a big shift.

Yeah because you keep betting on it Mercer 🤣

I am not sure Rooney is such a good manager. Last year there was absolutely no pressure on him and even if Derby hadn't had any points deductions would have finished 18 or 19th.

I think I would be tempted to go with Warne or Ainsworth although both of those will probably reject us as they will want to bring in some of their own coaches etc. 

I want to know what exactly it is that Lowe or Benson have on people at the club if they are must haves for any new manager to retain.

• Like 7

Harsh. He did a very good job considering it was his first role, he had a load of his squad sold from under him and one crisis after the other within the club to deal with.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I'd take Rooney. One of the biggest names in world football and I'm sure his stature in the game would attract some players alone.

Liam Rosenior who was his right hand man at Derby seems very clued up. They were a side that tried to play good football and they absolutely tore us a new one during the 'Bradley-Johnson-False-9' debacle. Only when we had that crazy 10 minute spell did we expose their soft underbelly.

That side were clearly very well coached and their movement was good. I'd welcome him and it would most definitely spur me on to renew my ST.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, phili said:

I am not sure Rooney is such a good manager. Last year there was absolutely no pressure on him and even if Derby hadn't had any points deductions would have finished 18 or 19th.

I think I would be tempted to go with Warne or Ainsworth although both of those will probably reject us as they will want to bring in some of their own coaches etc. 

I want to know what exactly it is that Lowe or Benson have on people at the club if they are must haves for any new manager to retain.

Look at the squad he had to work with, hardly a vintage Championship side. 18th or 19th with no money spent in itself would've been an achievement.

8 minutes ago, phili said:

I think that's a bit unfair. He wasn't allowed to sign players except the likes of Davies and Jagielka who were unattached as well as bringing some youngsters through and managed to get them playing some decent stuff. And all the other things off the field he had to deal with impressed me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

I also can't see why we would go for Rooney. I'd much rather take someone with a good proven managerial record.

Also realistically we won't be able to afford him.

Sort of bloke that Balaji would probably pay out of his own pocket for though. He probably still thinks he plays.

• Like 2