BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Tomasson sounds a bit too good to be true. Why leave a side winning titles and playing in the Champions League, for the Championship? Especially with the circus surrounding us? I doubt Venkys can offer him more money than Malmo...

He’s out of work.

Tomasson sounds a bit too good to be true. Why leave a side winning titles and playing in the Champions League, for the Championship? Especially with the circus surrounding us? I doubt Venkys can offer him more money than Malmo...

I don't think he is employed at the moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

As a neutral on this side of the pond….I absolutely love Tony Romo on comms. Calls most of the plays before the snap. 

Regards Mercers comment….imagine the uproar (rightly so) here if we’d appointed Rosenior as Mowbrays replacement. 

This is exactly right. Romo is a brilliant guy, who had the misfortune to play for Jerry Jones (post- Jimmy Johnson) and some very mediocre Cowboys teams (& head coaches). 

Romo is statistically the best undrafted QB of all time. Our football coach at Stephen F. Austin State U., when I was there, later scouted & signed Romo for the Cowboys. 

• Like 3

We'd have ripped them for Critchley's appointment way back when though and that didn't turn out badly - at least they have shown some clarity in their decision making. It's certainly more than the fucking idiots down at Ewood have.

And, there's also an assumption we'll get better than Rosenior? I'd have that at 50/50 at best.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

He’s out of work.

What I'm reading is that he left on his own decision with the team at the top. So assuming he is looking for bigger prospects...the question still stands why the Venkys circus would be his choice. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Easier to do it quickly if you're bringing in an EFL TV pundit for a manager.

Do you know your Liam's from your Leroy's?

Blackpool's process swift and decisive.

Think respective CEO's are comparative to a Blackpool donkey versus a Derby thoroughbred, the donkey being stabled at Ewood.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’ve thought the same thing about our U.S, NFL commentators. Guys like Tony Romo, Darryl Johnston, Tony Aikman & Michael Irvin (yes, I’m a Cowboy fan), know-it-all’s, none of these guys are head coaches, or ever will be. 

Romo is a class above every other 'colour' commentator in the NFL. Very harsh to lump him in with that lot.

What I'm reading is that he left on his own decision with the team at the top. So assuming he is looking for bigger prospects...the question still stands why the Venkys circus would be his choice. 

We're a better prospect than Malmo. He's been in the running for the Hibs job apparently. I'd like to think we'd be a more attractive move in comparison. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

We're a better prospect than Malmo. He's been in the running for the Hibs job apparently. I'd like to think we'd be a more attractive move in comparison. 

Hibs appointed Lee Johnson 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Easier to do it quickly if you're bringing in an EFL TV pundit for a manager.

I know he was only assistant at Derby but I’ve only heard good things about him, I know it’s all good talking a good game but he still does! 😂 Intelligent guy. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he did well at Blackpool. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I know little about JDT other than he’s seemingly succeeded with the tasks he’s had 

A friend from that part of the world told me to be prepared to be bored to death, when asked if he didn’t rate him he said it’s not a slight on his managerial style more his dull personality 

I think he'd struggle to out-dull Mowbray to be fair. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Romo is a class above every other 'colour' commentator in the NFL. Very harsh to lump him in with that lot.

True… Troy QB’d three Super Bowl winners. Johnston was his fullback, and Irvin the best receiver in the league. Which goes to prove great football players don’t necessarily make great color commentators, or head coaches. 

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows if Lenihan would have stay but I think his Boro deal has been done for a while

Ronny Deila might want to keep one or 2 of them as they know the playing squad. I would like to see Lowe and Benson gone with Bobby Mimms coming back in. 

Pleased Grayson won't be coming here. 

Who knows Chaddy if they'd started negotiating with managers 1 or 2 months before the end of the season they might have been able to persuade Rothwell, Lenihan & even Nyambe to sign on their dithering & delay has cost us big time I only hope they get this right because it could be crucial as to whether Nyambe signs on

• Like 6

i would imagine that if it is jdt after all of this time, then broughton has come in and got the job bloody done within days. for me, it's an interesting appointment and one that intrigues me. i have no real positive or negative view on it and have an open mind towards hopefully being impressed. it would certainly be points in broughton's corner though if he's come in and got our guy within days after the farce we've seen over the past month. honestly, the lack of communication from the club has created a vacuum and the negative fan opinion that's filled it is entirely of their own making. if they actually gave us some updates along the way, kept us somewhat in the loop and had some, ANY respect for us, that view might have been somewhat tempered. it will be very telling to see who introduces the new man, whoever he may be, when the time comes. i imagine it'll speak volumes on the whole process

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

Who knows Chaddy if they'd started negotiating with managers 1 or 2 months before the end of the season they might have been able to persuade Rothwell, Lenihan & even Nyambe to sign on their dithering & delay has cost us big time I only hope they get this right because it could be crucial as to whether Nyambe signs on

If Nyambe doesn’t stay, Everton have released Jonjoe Kenny who rejected a new contract because he wants first team football, he’d be an ideal replacement but I imagine he’ll sign for a new club before we even appoint a manager. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I know little about JDT other than he’s seemingly succeeded with the tasks he’s had 

A friend from that part of the world told me to be prepared to be bored to death, when asked if he didn’t rate him he said it’s not a slight on his managerial style more his dull personality 

Tom so long as he gets the job done & does well I'm not bothered however it's hard to think of anyone more dour than TM

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Did you want Deila?

I thought he was interesting candidate and someone who has decent CV and has won trophies. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He needs to have a good look at the staff and weigh up what style suits our players abilities best rather than shoe horning them into a style he used at his last club etc. We had enough of that with Mowbray.

I do agree but I do feel that 4-2-3-1 formation would suit this squad. 

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Has that date been pushed back to the 20th from a previously mentioned date? Most recent reports I've seen, including from Sharpe, suggest a return to training next week. I could have sworn I saw an article from Sharpe a few weeks ago claiming we were returning to training on the 13th or 16th.

Not that I know off tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Tricky said:

and so we should be, could well be the most successful in the league i reckon, our gates just let us down.

Almost certainly the most successful club in this division. About 10th in the whole country. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

No offence, Tricky or chaddy, but I'm amazed you think we'll be anywhere near the top six next season.

none taken mate, i didn't read it as a prediction, im not convinced we'll make the top six either

35 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

Personally I think the search for the head coach role has gone on far too long now. We should have had an appointment by now. I would have said is we should have been searching and interviewing for the new director of football in April and an appointment made sooner than we did. That was the crucial role. 

Rothwell was always going for me. Wanted out in January. 

I think Lenihan was going when Boro came in. 

On Nyambe, who knows if he will stay. 

15 minutes ago, Butty said:

If Nyambe doesn’t stay, Everton have released Jonjoe Kenny who rejected a new contract because he wants first team football, he’d be an ideal replacement but I imagine he’ll sign for a new club before we even appoint a manager. 

Yes one I suggested to replace Nyambe Who I think will be upgrade

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

No offence, Tricky or chaddy, but I'm amazed you think we'll be anywhere near the top six next season.

The rebuild job for Broughton and the next Head Coach is huge. We're losing our two best permanent defenders (one of them is a sick-note of course), and we're likely to lose our biggest goal threat. Realistically, the new management setup would surely need a season to start gelling and rebuilding the squad based on the resources at their disposal, wouldn't they?

Well I think we will be if we appoint the right head coach. 

• Like 2