BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers losing doesn't normal spoil anyway but the latest defeat to Peterborough annoyed me all Friday afterwards and Saturday daytime. 

It will be very interesting summer for Rovers including a number of signings and new management team to bring in for the club

I’m a bad loser and a good winner. My day is spoiled when we lose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

At the time I thought Lambert was a quality appointment.But since then he has failed in every job he has had and is currently unemployed so it's a stretch to believe he would have got us promotion or playoffs.

Lambert had a very good spell at Norwich and did ok initially at Villa his managerial career since can only be described as poor 

He’s flopped on ever since culverhouse stopped working with him 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2022 at 14:44, Miller11 said:

It doesn’t really matter what names get mentioned on here. We can all speculate, discuss, hope and fear, that’s what the forum is for, but Venky’s don’t listen to you, me or any other poster. They don’t even listen to Steve Waggott who they have apparently appointed to run the club on a day to day basis.

If you want us to avoid who you see as “yesterdays men”, have a word with the one person they do pay any attention to - Craig Honeyman.

He follows me on on twitter I might have to ask him whose he’s lined up !

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is interesting the right word? Mowbray will probably get a new deal, otherwise we will likely appoint someone not good enough. We will sell our top scorer and lose several starters on frees, and if last summer is anything to go by, Venkys will not give whoever the manager is any of that money to reinvest. 

Yes interesting is the right word in my opinion but it depends on your point of view. The playing squad will need 8 to 10 signings but I think a freshen up of the playing squad and the management team is exactly what the club after the past 2 years of not achieving at least playoff place. Last season we should have got top 6 given the financial backing Mowbray has and this season we should have got top 6 given we were second in the league after beating Boro at home. Missing out on the top 6 this season is utter and completely unacceptable. 

Brereton might go or he might who knows. If Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell want to go then thanks for your efforts and we move on as a club. I stop worrying about players leaving and being behold to players after Shearer left in 96. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes interesting is the right word in my opinion but it depends on your point of view. The playing squad will need 8 to 10 signings but I think a freshen up of the playing squad and the management team is exactly what the club after the past 2 years of not achieving at least playoff place. Last season we should have got top 6 given the financial backing Mowbray has and this season we should have got top 6 given we were second in the league after beating Boro at home. Missing out on the top 6 this season is utter and completely unacceptable. 

Brereton might go or he might who knows. If Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell want to go then thanks for your efforts and we move on as a club. I stop worrying about players leaving and being behold to players after Shearer left in 96. 

Brereton will go otherwise we will lose him for free. Venkys will probably not reinvest that money as they didn't last year, factor in either a new deal for Mowbray or an unnecessary delay waiting for a new manager as a best case scenario and a minimal budget, and I wouldn't expect these 8-10 players to be of any quality, if indeed we sign that many players. Dack, Markanday and Carter will probably be seen as three of those "new signings" and Gallagher as the man to score 20 goals to replace Brereton, of which there is more chance of pigs flying/Venkys attending a game this season.

What should happen is Venkys should show that they honour one of their promises for once (not that I personally want them here) and attend the Bournemouth game. If we are as expected not mathematically in with a chance after that, they should sack Mowbray whilst here and strive to get a manager in as soon as possible after that, failing that, wait around for the season to finish and be proactive for once in their bloody lives.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton will go otherwise we will lose him for free. Venkys will probably not reinvest that money as they didn't last year,

Who ever what they will come this summer under a new manager. We will see in the summer. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

factor in either a new deal for Mowbray or an unnecessary delay waiting for a new manager as a best case scenario and a minimal budget, and I wouldn't expect these 8-10 players to be of any quality,

I don't expect Mowbray and we have heard from 2 different people that Mowbray and Venus have deals at WBA line up according to Joe Rothwell's father.

Always looking negative and dour at things. 

I gave a good logical list of players that would cost the earth and would be sensible and good signings. But we need better players if we are going for promotion next season

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What should happen is Venkys should show that they honour one of their promises for once (not that I personally want them here) and attend the Bournemouth game. If we are as expected not mathematically in with a chance after that, they should sack Mowbray whilst here and strive to get a manager in as soon as possible after that, failing that, wait around for the season to finish and be proactive for once in their bloody lives.

Mowbray should be shown the door as soon as possible. I would put Johnson in charge for the last 3 games with Dunn and Sheron as his assistants. 

If he was sacked Today/tomorrow night I would look to appoint his replacement in a month. Given that I would look at managers are under contract and its unlikely they would leave their club before the season ends. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who ever what they will come this summer under a new manager. We will see in the summer. 

I don't expect Mowbray and we have heard from 2 different people that Mowbray and Venus have deals at WBA line up according to Joe Rothwell's father.

I gave a good logical list of players that would cost the earth and would be sensible and good signings. But we need better players if we are going for promotion next season

Mowbray should be shown the door as soon as possible. I would put Johnson in charge for the last 3 games with Dunn and Sheron as his assistants. 

If he was sacked Today/tomorrow night I would look to appoint his replacement in a month. Given that I would look at managers are under contract and its unlikely they would leave their club before the season ends. 

Why would anyone anticipate the next step under Venky's in anything other than a supposed negative light? Using words like sensible and logical under Venkys.

Regarding the West Brom link, I am not taking that as gospel just like I don't take every piece of gossip as guaranteed facts. Why would Rothwell's dad know that the manager is going to West Brom, and why would he be going round telling randomers outside a stadium that it was the case?

Like I said, even if he does go, the replacing of him will not be this proactive, seamless process. I certainly wouldn't view the summer as "exciting."

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Like I said, even if he does go, the replacing of him will not be this proactive, seamless process.

well Coyle was replace within 24 hours didn't we?

I certainly wouldn't view the summer as "exciting."

No surprise with you. 

Regarding the West Brom link, I am not taking that as gospel just like I don't take every piece of gossip as guaranteed facts. Why would Rothwell's dad know that the manager is going to West Brom, and why would he be going round telling randomers outside a stadium that it was the case?

Cos maybe the players know about it and Joe Rothwell has told his father who told some Rovers on the train journey down to Coventry? 

A poster on here told the forum this last week

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well Coyle was replace within 24 hours didn't we?

No surprise with you. 

Cos maybe the players know about it and Joe Rothwell has told his father who told some Rovers on the train journey down to Coventry? 

A poster on here told the forum this last week

Me not being excited about a summer off the back of a league collapse in which we will lose a number of first teamers on free transfers and our top goalscorer who we are heavily reliant on, in the following summer in which our owners allowed none of a major sale to be reinvested, under aforementioned owners that have done nothing to provoke positivity across their reign isn't me being a bit of a misery! Surely its logical not to be excited about that prospect.

The problem is that you believe every single rumour that you read. The rumour was that Mowbray has agreed to take over at West Brom and that Venus has spoke to Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell lining up all three players on free transfers in the summer. Maybe all of that will happen in the summer and it will be proven right, but I have many reservations.

Firstly, it would mean that Rothwell's dad is an absolute tosser, going out of his way to tell any Rovers fan who will listen on a train about all of this information. It would also mean that Steve Bruce has not sniffed any of this out based on recent interviews whereby he expects talks ahead of continuing next season which he claimed he would like to do. It would mean that Mowbray has agreed this ahead of the end of the season, at a point previously in which we had a chance of the play offs, at a club that he has previously been sacked from, which is further away from his home in Middlesbrough. It would also mean that he has allowed his assistant manager to leak this information via trying to illegally tap up our captain and also 2 other players, one of whom tried to leave (something Mowbray was not allowed to let happen) in January to go to a team on the South Coast.

• Like 4

Why are these posters so keen to put this about ?

Sharpe did say Mowbray retains admirers in the Hawthorns corridors of power but that doesn't mean there's a contract on the table. Might mean some are trying to engineer one or engineer him a pay off from here.

Strange that this would be mentioned in public alongside word that Venus is advising not to sign here, it's quite serious stuff.

• Like 2

If a CEO or chairman at most clubs got hold of this kind of rumour it would be looked into and if correct the ones responsible would be hauled over the coals.

No chance of that here with this old boys club watching each others back.  Venus should never set foot in Ewood again if this is true.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Firstly, it would mean that Rothwell's dad is an absolute tosser, going out of his way to tell any Rovers fan who will listen on a train about all of this information. It would also mean that Steve Bruce has not sniffed any of this out based on recent interviews whereby he expects talks ahead of continuing next season which he claimed he would like to do. It would mean that Mowbray has agreed this ahead of the end of the season, at a point previously in which we had a chance of the play offs, at a club that he has previously been sacked from, which is further away from his home in Middlesbrough. It would also mean that he has allowed his assistant manager to leak this information via trying to illegally tap up our captain and also 2 other players, one of whom tried to leave (something Mowbray was not allowed to let happen) in January to go to a team on the South Coast.

WBA didn't sack him, Celtic paid a hefty compensation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough, thanks and my apologies. The rest still applies, even assuming that he left on good terms.

He did leave on good terms, although his last act was to lead them to bottom of the Premier League and relegation so it could have been better 😆

• Like 3

We are led to believe that contract offers have been on the table for Lenihen, Nyambe and Rothwell since at least last summer long before this reported offer for Mowbray from West Brom so find it hard to believe their reluctance to sign new deals has anything to do with what Mowbray/Venus might have said in terms of getting them deals at their new club.

Anyway imo I don't think Mowbray particularly rates Nyambe as although he has played a lot of games as first choice under him, when there has been on alternative he has put them in ahead of Nyambe most times for no reason, wether it be Bennett ,Rankin Costello or whoever then when they played shit he had no choice to put Nyambe back in.Even at the weekend when Edun was sent off the logical choice would have been to take off one of Lenihen, Van Hecke or Wharton off and keep the natural right back on the field.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Me not being excited about a summer off the back of a league collapse in which we will lose a number of first teamers on free transfers and our top goalscorer who we are heavily reliant on, in the following summer in which our owners allowed none of a major sale to be reinvested, under aforementioned owners that have done nothing to provoke positivity across their reign isn't me being a bit of a misery! Surely its logical not to be excited about that prospect.

Like I said earlier today this club needs a overhaul of the playing staff and coaching staff in we want promotion in the next 2 seasons which should be the aim. This squad isn't good enough as the last 2 seasons have proved. Appoint the right man and this can be achieve. 

The problem is that you believe every single rumour that you read. The rumour was that Mowbray has agreed to take over at West Brom and that Venus has spoke to Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell lining up all three players on free transfers in the summer. Maybe all of that will happen in the summer and it will be proven right, but I have many reservations.

Wrong with the comment that I believe every single rumour but I don't dismiss it like yourself you do I take it on board and listen and read to the poster who posted and what their track record on stuff like that. 

WBA didn't sacked Mowbray but he wanted by Celtic actually. 

Rothwell's father has no reasons to lie about this information and why he tell people about it. 

There is escape clause in Bruce's contract from both side of Bruce and the club after this season ends

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We are led to believe that contract offers have been on the table for Lenihen, Nyambe and Rothwell since at least last summer long before this reported offer for Mowbray from West Brom so find it hard to believe their reluctance to sign new deals has anything to do with what Mowbray/Venus might have said in terms of getting them deals at their new club.

Anyway imo I don't think Mowbray particularly rates Nyambe as although he has played a lot of games as first choice under him, when there has been on alternative he has put them in ahead of Nyambe most times for no reason, wether it be Bennett ,Rankin Costello or whoever then when they played shit he had no choice to put Nyambe back in.Even at the weekend when Edun was sent off the logical choice would have been to take off one of Lenihen, Van Hecke or Wharton off and keep the natural right back on the field.

He hasnt put in an alternative "most of the time" just on a few temporary (and puzzling) occasions, the most bizarre being when he played the terrible Bennett for the first 10-15 games or so a couple of years ago.

He does seem to rate the back 3 all ahead of Nyambe, he seems very reluctant to take any of them out. I would say that he is one of the players in the team who especially when we need a goal he is most prone to sacrificing but I dont think his treatment has been as shoddy as many have painted. He has established himself as a regular throughout.

@chaddyrovers it is up to you if you want to believe everything. I choose to keep a level of skepticism as to whether Mowbray has agreed to join West Brom, and that Venus has told Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell to all join them. Maybe it will all happen unlike the majority of rumours, lets see.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He hasnt put in an alternative "most of the time" just on a few temporary (and puzzling) occasions, the most bizarre being when he played the terrible Bennett for the first 10-15 games or so a couple of years ago.

He does seem to rate the back 3 all ahead of Nyambe, he seems very reluctant to take any of them out. I would say that he is one of the players in the team who especially when we need a goal he is most prone to sacrificing but I dont think his treatment has been as shoddy as many have painted. He has established himself as a regular throughout.

@chaddyrovers it is up to you if you want to believe everything. I choose to keep a level of skepticism as to whether Mowbray has agreed to join West Brom, and that Venus has told Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell to all join them. Maybe it will all happen unlike the majority of rumours, lets see.

I didn't didn't mean he has put in an alternative most of the time? I said when an alternative has been available like Bennett and Rankin Costello then he has given them a go at RB for no logical reason when Nyambe has been competent .Nyambe got back in because both proved sub standard 

How many times does he get subbed?I'd say a lot more than other first choice right backs at other clubs.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I will post this reply to you again cos you clearly didn't read it or ignore it. 

Wrong with the comment that I believe every single rumour but I don't dismiss it like yourself you do I take it on board and listen and read to the poster who posted and what their track record on stuff like that. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dunn (im assuming you mean david!) as assistant (or even just as a coach at any level of the club) wow you've lost the plot there fella. What has Dunn done as a manager or coach to warrant that job? That really would be a step back into the bowyer days of 'jobs for the boys' may as well get colin hendry and craig short back on the coaching team as well 🙄

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will post this reply to you again cos you clearly didn't read it or ignore it. 

No. you just pick and choose the rumours that you like (or sometimes it just seems like you go along with the rumours that you think will antagonise the most posters) 

• Backroom
19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From the horse's mouth's assistant and best mate, Dunn doesn't want such a hands on role at any club anymore. His aim is to move into a 'Director of Football' type role, however (and I told him myself) I'm not sure he's earned his stripes for that yet either.

Needs to get back in work lower down the pyramid and prove himself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

From the horse's mouth's assistant and best mate, Dunn doesn't want such a hands on role at any club anymore. His aim is to move into a 'Director of Football' type role, however (and I told him myself) I'm not sure he's earned his stripes for that yet either.

I’d have left that last sentence like this - “ Needs to get back in work “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

23 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I was talking about coming back for 3 games to help his club out and his mate Johnson out.