BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It's not up to them when they pay it, it's up to Dyche.

I can see Burnley owners dragging it out and paying it monthly. 

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Pardew was still being paid by Newcastle after he was sacked at Palace

Why was Newcastle still paying him when he chose to Leave Newcastle for Palace? 

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

And I know he's not coming. We all do. No need to keep reminding us every time just because someone hypothetically suggested it.

What the point of suggesting something is so unrealistic and never going to happen!

I know it will never happen in a month of Sundays but I just day dreamed dyche took us up next year whilst the dingles  struggle to get to grips with the championship and float around 15 with  Mowbrays wba 🤣🤣. Then I woke up 😒😔

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rumours from decent/good posters. Look at Paul Mani's post over a friend of his going for a job at Rovers and being told that the job is on hold cos of uncertain of Mowbray's future. 

Dyche ain't coming here. simple as. 

I can see Burnley not wanting to pay the 15 million straight away and keep paying him monthly until he finds a new club but he will not find another club where he has the same amount of footballing control as he had at Burnley under their previous owner. 

And I appreciate it when they post the inside info that they have but, and it's with no disrespect to those posters but for one reason or another, they aren't always correct.

I'd love it if they have finally looked further afield other than HSH, and only time will tell but history tells us that Venkys will just do as they always have and appoint another average/poor manager.

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. I can see Burnley owners dragging it out and paying it monthly. 

2. Why was Newcastle still paying him when he chose to Leave Newcastle for Palace? 

3. What the point of suggesting something is so unrealistic and never going to happen!

1. Definitely, if only to try and keep it affordable.

2. There was a clause involved because of the contract length that some of it be guaranteed (wasn't it a seven year contract or something daft?)

3. Because it's not THAT unrealistic. Weirder things have happened in football, and weirder things have happened to Rovers. It's Dyche not bloody Mourinho.

• Like 4

Thanks to Venkys we now see a sacked dingle as unattainable for our club.

Impressive work.

The question should be whether we would entertain Dyche, not whether we could get him.

But under these cretins we won't get either

• Like 4

It's November 2010 - Rovers are in the Premier League with Sam Allardyce as manager and Burnley are in the Championship with Brian Laws in charge - and then Venky's arrive.

Fast forward 11 and a half years - Allardyce is being linked with keeping Burnley in the Premier League and the majority of Rovers fans are hoping to appoint a manager Burnley have just sacked - whilst we hover in the league below.

More realistically, what's Brian Laws up to these days?😪

• Like 6

Heard some rumours of Stoke looking at Dyche. 

If they can attract him, no reason we couldn't. Reason we won't get him is because we won't try because the Venky's and Suhail are fucking stupid, not because he wouldn't take the job.

5 hours ago, booth said:

Rovers is still an attractive job.

Mowbray has proven that as a lot of managers would have resigned before now. TM has stayed here because it's easy street. He gets to fanny about playing FM 2022 with a real life football team and get paid a bucketload for it, whilst being unsackable during some appalling runs.

And if they offer him a new contract he'll sign it.

And that's why if Venkys ever did see sense and appoint a decent manager they'd take the job.

Paul Lambert after hearing "mutual consent" for the third time, will have gone home and pondered why he ever quit as BRFC manager. He had it made but didn't realise it.

That's how I see it.

This is exactly how its been since he came here its been his own big experiment.

If he was supposed to be building the team up to promotion with 3 center backs and wing backs it should have started years ago. It didn't he decided to plod on with the promotion squad freshly bestowed with contract extensions which made changing even harder for himself.

Then when that was broken up right out the blue he decides we have to go the Swansea route, bizarre after telling us we needed to follow the PNE, Brentford, Barnsley model !

Two years and a load of loans and signings wasted on that to go nowhere so all change again, partly no doubt by being forced after cutting the wage bill.  We finally got an identity that suited and one that should have started years ago, then the January signings......

If he'd done that at Boro. WBA or many places they'd have said you tried it it hasn't work so we'll try someone else thanks.

• Like 1

After Coyle was put out his misery back in 2017 these were the runners and riders for the managers job, frightening….

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 7/2

Kenny Jackett 5/1

Steve Cotterill 5/1

Dougie Freedman 11/2

Nigel Adkins 6/1

Tim Sherwood 7/1

Billy Davies 10/1

Alex McLeish 10/1

Gary Rowett 10/1

Nigel Pearson 12/1

Mark Warburton 16/1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

After Coyle was put out his misery back in 2017 these were the runners and riders for the managers job, frightening….

Kenny Jackett 5/1

Steve Cotterill 5/1

Dougie Freedman 11/2

Nigel Adkins 6/1

Tim Sherwood 7/1

Billy Davies 10/1

Alex McLeish 10/1

Gary Rowett 10/1

Nigel Pearson 12/1

Mark Warburton 16/1

None of who got the gig. Coyle came in from nowhere, too.

Nothing to say that any one of those names on that list couldn't have come in and done a decent or mediocre job for a few years.

Mowbray was another 35-1 shot and his stock was lower than the sole of a shoe.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Jfh done a good job at Burton. Warburton done well with qpr. Half those names are better than Mowbray 

Warburton's QPR has had a collapse almost identical to us, they have 12 points to our 11 points in the last 15. I have never rated Warburton as a manager to be honest. I don't get how you can suggest that he has "done well" yet have such a strong dislike of Mowbray in comparison.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Warburton's QPR has had a collapse almost identical to us, they have 12 points to our 11 points in the last 15. I have never rated Warburton as a manager to be honest. I don't get how you can suggest that he has "done well" yet have such a strong dislike of Mowbray in comparison.

I'd swap.

He's had two seasons. And he hasn't presided over his teams collapsing almost every season like TM has.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Warburton hasn't had 5 years of building a squad 

I see Warburton as similar to Mowbray - plenty of good qualities that make him a competent and respected manager but not ruthless or adaptable enough to get a team over the line.

Spells of good stuff and talk about promotion then spells of horror runs.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Gav said:

Kenny Jackett 5/1

Steve Cotterill 5/1

Dougie Freedman 11/2

Nigel Adkins 6/1

Tim Sherwood 7/1

Billy Davies 10/1

Alex McLeish 10/1

Gary Rowett 10/1

Nigel Pearson 12/1

Mark Warburton 16/1

The huge miss from there is Rowatt. Look what he's done with Millwall. He'd be miles better than TM. 

• Like 2

On 21/04/2022 at 15:50, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Any more rumours on Farkhe or Dyche tp us..

Ps im happy with rumours 😁 (right now) 

I heard Lewis travis dad say farke is coming to take us up when I met him in the VD clinic

On second thoughts he might of said f**k up and been talking about this season.

I wasn’t really listening. I was to busy scratching 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 7

On 19/04/2022 at 22:01, davulsukur said:

And I appreciate it when they post the inside info that they have but, and it's with no disrespect to those posters but for one reason or another, they aren't always correct.

I'd love it if they have finally looked further afield other than HSH, and only time will tell but history tells us that Venkys will just do as they always have and appoint another average/poor manager.

fair enough

On 19/04/2022 at 22:14, Mike E said:

1. Definitely, if only to try and keep it affordable.

2. There was a clause involved because of the contract length that some of it be guaranteed (wasn't it a seven year contract or something daft?)

3. Because it's not THAT unrealistic. Weirder things have happened in football, and weirder things have happened to Rovers. It's Dyche not bloody Mourinho.

If Newcastle kept paying Pardew after he left them I am very surprise given how good Mike Ashley is at business and surprised he signed off that contract

Dyche won't be coming here. Someone like Daniel Farke would be ideal and far more realistic imo

On 19/04/2022 at 22:32, roversfan99 said:

Its probably no less realistic than Venkys sacking Mowbray as soon as the season ends before quickly and proactively appointing a director of football overseeing a "dynamic" and competent head coach with decent investment in 8-10 players to get us promoted.

Not that either will happen.

But anyone who wouldnt take Dyche if it was realistic needs their head testing.

I posted my opinions on what I would do. Which were very sensible and realistic ideas and thought process. 

On 21/04/2022 at 16:19, roverandout said:

Warburton hasn't had 5 years of building a squad 

he has 3 years there