BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Farke is ideal, which means he won't be coming here. 

He can sit it out and wait for a genuinely ambitious Championship club who will offer him the structure and finance to have a shot at promotion.

Why waste your time with jokers like Venkys and Pasha?

• Like 2

• Backroom

For fun, I'm going to throw some names of ex-managers at big clubs who we might be able to get in. Googling lists of these, rather than through knowledge:

Ex-Utd: Solksjaer

Ex-City: Pellegrini (he's Chilean), Hughesy, Pearce, Sven.

Ex-Liverpool: Benitez, Souness, Hodgson, King Kenny.

Ex-Chelsea: Benitez, DiMatteo, Villas-Boas, Scolari, Grant.

Ex-Spurs: Ramos, Jol, Santo, Mason, Sherwood, Villas-Boas.

Ex-Barca: Koeman, Setien, Valverde.

Ex-Real: Benitez, Pellegrini, Ramos, Schuster.

Ex-Juve: None

Ex-Milan: Giampaolo, Gattuso, Montella, Brocchi, Inzaghi, Mihajlovic, Seedorf.

Ex-Inter: Spaletti, Vecchi.

I thought it'd be therapeutic but no...

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Don't torment yourself, he won't be coming here.

Please don't take away some hope of a very good appointment so early on in the summer. 

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Farke is ideal, which means he won't be coming here. 

He can sit it out and wait for a genuinely ambitious Championship club who will offer him the structure and finance to have a shot at promotion.

Why waste your time with jokers like Venkys and Pasha?

Venkys give managers time and money is one of key factor in maybe Farke being interested plus our academy is producing good players. 

• Like 1

Hearing a number of Dyche linked rumours from reliable folk, who have connections.

MIght just be soundings out, as to whether either parties might be inclined to just talk.

I don't know where manager's salary fits in within FFP, heard Dyche was on £5m pa at Bumley, which is way too much for us if a manager's wages forms part of FFP.

Plus it's not been Venky's modus operandi to date in going looking to pay big money for management, been more keen to look at cheaper options, with then links with agents? 

So to me the chances sound remote.

Edited by Boz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boz said:

Hearing a number of Dyche linked rumours from reliable folk, who have connections.

MIght just be soundings out, as to whether either parties might be inclined to just talk.

I don't know where manager's salary fits in within FFP, heard Dyche was on £5m pa at Bumley, which is way too much for us if a manager's wages forms part of FFP.

Plus it's not been Venky's modus operandi to date in going looking to pay big money for management, been more keen to look at cheaper options, with then links with agents? 

Absolutely can't see it happening - as much as I'd love it to.

They should offer him the job until the end of the season with a £4m bonus if we got promoted. 

Can you imagine the delight down the road if we swapped divisions and Dyche was in charge? 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boz said:

Am hearing the same this morning.

I agree it sounds very unlikely given our previous modus operandi with managers but that would indeed be tangible "progress" you could point to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boz said:

Like you I can't see this happening at all, for a number of reasons. That said, the wedge that he was on at Turf Moor is neither here nor there now, as none of the clubs that he's likely to get in the near future will be paying him anywhere near that. 

Because most top-flight teams will have their lazy preconceptions of him, he'll probably have to make do with a Championship club in England. Ridiculous really, but I can't see any Prem club going for him until (ironically) somebody gets desperate in a relegation scrap next year, and even then he's unlikely to get his chance that way. His next move will probably be to a club which isn't a million miles away from where we are in the pyramid as things stand, but one who can offer him a better chance of growing something than what is currently on offer at Ewood. 

Watford, QPR, Stoke and West Brom will all be ahead of us in the queue on that front, Middlesbrough and Birmingham too if Wilder/Bowyer leave

Then when all the decent available managers get snapped up by rivals we can play the "who can we get / who would want to come here?" game again before Mowbray has to stay because he's the best there is.

If Shaun Dyche rang up Madame and said i really want to manage your club and get it promoted. I'll do it for a million a year and a bonus on promotion she'd say well you'll have to do it for half that and come out to India every 6 months ?

The most satisfying thing involving him would be WBA snap him up and leave a certain set of dinosaurs and their alleged little plan right up the spout.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Please don't take away some hope of a very good appointment so early on in the summer. 

Venkys give managers time and money is one of key factor in maybe Farke being interested plus our academy is producing good players. 

Chaddy, I'd love nothing more than Farke to come here, he would be a dream appointment.

But you've been following Rovers for a long, long time now and you know as well as I do that Venkys will not appoint a manager like Farke. 

In 12 years, the closest they came was appointing Lambert, who at the time, had a high stock but in typical Venky fashion, it fell apart quickly.

Looks at this list:

Kean 

Berg 

Appleton 

Bowyer 

Coyle

Mowbray 

Lambert aside, that's the list of managerial appointments they've made.

All shite, (Bowyer wasn't terrible tbf but the wheels came off eventually) they never go for the best. They go for the cheapest and it's reflected season after season with just another poor season that ends with nothing to play for. 

I wouldn't take a single person off that list back if offered. 

I wouldn't even let Kean back in the country if it was up to me.

• Like 2

There isn’t a manager in the championship that could demand an£5m pa salary in the current climate not even the parachute clubs would pay it. Football wages outside of the PL are nowhere near they once were and not will they ever reach those types of figures again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Watford, QPR, Stoke and West Brom will all be ahead of us in the queue on that front, Middlesbrough and Birmingham too if Wilder/Bowyer leave

Then when all the decent available managers get snapped up by rivals we can play the "who can we get / who would want to come here?" game again before Mowbray has to stay because he's the best there is.

Birmingham are in a biggest mess than us. WBA won't be far us tbh. 

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Chaddy, I'd love nothing more than Farke to come here, he would be a dream appointment.

But you've been following Rovers for a long, long time now and you know as well as I do that Venkys will not appoint a manager like Farke. 

In 12 years, the closest they came was appointing Lambert, who at the time, had a high stock but in typical Venky fashion, it fell apart quickly.

Looks at this list:

Kean 

Berg 

Appleton 

Bowyer 

Coyle

Mowbray 

Lambert aside, that's the list of managerial appointments they've made.

All shite, (Bowyer wasn't terrible tbf but the wheels came off eventually) they never go for the best. They go for the cheapest and it's reflected season after season with just another poor season that ends with nothing to play for. 

I wouldn't take a single person off that list back if offered. 

I wouldn't even let Kean back in the country if it was up to me.

Given the info that we spoke to certain managers like Alex Neil, Chris Wilder, Mark Hughes, Nathan Jones that maybe we have moved on from that agency now. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Birmingham are in a biggest mess than us. WBA won't be far us tbh. 

Given the info that we spoke to certain managers like Alex Neil, Chris Wilder, Mark Hughes, Nathan Jones that maybe we have moved on from that agency now. 

They were just rumours though, and nothing came of them. 

The only evidence you can point to is who Venkys have appointed in the past. The last 3, all coming from the same agency. Every manager they've appointed so far, being average/poor.

• Backroom

On the Dyche rumours (which I don't believe), money is irrelevant tbh. He has 3.5yrs of pay coming his way, up to £15m. We could pay him £1m/year and promise him PL bonuses and he'd effectively be topped up by Dingle pay for 3 years.

It's almost worth hiring him for that alone 🤣

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

On the Dyche rumours (which I don't believe), money is irrelevant tbh. He has 3.5yrs of pay coming his way, up to £15m. We could pay him £1m/year and promise him PL bonuses and he'd effectively be topped up by Dingle pay for 3 years.

All the more incredible considering they've made the call in a panic about potentially lost future revenue. Is that pretty much equal to their record transfer fee?

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

They were just rumours though, and nothing came of them. 

The only evidence you can point to is who Venkys have appointed in the past. The last 3, all coming from the same agency. Every manager they've appointed so far, being average/poor.

Rumours from decent/good posters. Look at Paul Mani's post over a friend of his going for a job at Rovers and being told that the job is on hold cos of uncertain of Mowbray's future. 

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Dyche ain't coming here. simple as. 

I can see Burnley not wanting to pay the 15 million straight away and keep paying him monthly until he finds a new club but he will not find another club where he has the same amount of footballing control as he had at Burnley under their previous owner. 

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche ain't coming here. simple as. 

I can see Burnley not wanting to pay the 15 million straight away and keep paying him monthly until he finds a new club but he will not find another club where he has the same amount of footballing control as he had at Burnley under their previous owner. 

It's not up to them when they pay it, it's up to Dyche.

Pardew was still being paid by Newcastle after he was sacked at Palace.

And I know he's not coming. We all do. No need to keep reminding us every time just because someone hypothetically suggested it.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here's more about Farke.

• Like 1