BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

They are also the ones who ran out of steam, probably due more to tactics than age but i suppose that goes hand in hand as well.

Hope QPR give Warburton one last hurrah tonight and we do the same tomorrow.

The club should be speaking to 3 potential replacements in the next few days and they are Daniel Farke, Carlos Carvalhal and Kjetil Knutsen. Given that the season starts in the last week of July, we need to proactive and make a appointment at the latest end of May and ideally would be mid May would be excellent and allow him to appoint his coaching staff and bring in a head of recruitment aswell. Just for the record this is what I would do. 

Hoping for Daniel Farke expecting Simon Grayson or Mark Warburton

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The club should be speaking to 3 potential replacements in the next few days and they are Daniel Farke, Carlos Carvalhal and Kjetil Knutsen. Given that the season starts in the last week of July, we need to proactive and make a appointment at the latest end of May and ideally would be mid May would be excellent and allow him to appoint his coaching staff and bring in a head of recruitment aswell. Just for the record this is what I would do. 

You keep plugging Farke, and rightly so, but if you're looking at that calibre of replacement, Dyche has to be in the equation as well surely.

Is there anything whatsoever to suggest we're remotely  interested in either  Grayson or Warburton?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Neal said:

Was the Duncan Ferguson rumour I've heard started on here? 

not so much a rumour,just a suggestion we should be recruiting younger,hungry managers/coaches,not sure big dunc would make a good manager,he`d be to much like roy keane,unable to understand why players of lesser ability can`t do what they did,would be interesting though,i think we`de be playing at a higher tempo and be fitter

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You keep plugging Farke, and rightly so, but if you're looking at that calibre of replacement, Dyche has to be in the equation as well surely.

Is there anything whatsoever to suggest we're remotely  interested in either  Grayson or Warburton?

Dyche is a no for the previous reasons I have stated on here. 

Farke would be the first and obvious choice to replace Mowbray. He is the sort of manager we need. 

Grayson and Warburton are both of contract and have Championship experience meaning they would be quick appointment and not needed to wait for a manager in the playoffs chase. 

Don't think Warburton has the right connections to be a contender here. Nor do I think he would throw himself at a move to the North West.

Grayson would jump at the job and has local connections being based at Brockhall, an ex player and being quite prominent locally through managing Blackpool, Preston and Fleetwood. Also chums with Dunny and had him as assistant manager at Blackpool and Fleetwood.

In times gone by I would have embraced Grayson as a Rovers manager but not sure now. His last 2-3 jobs have been short and unsuccessful and I wonder if that coincides with him losing Glyn Snodin as his assistant who was with him in the earlier days. Perhaps a concern a bit like Mark Hughes who is no longer with Bowen and Niedzwicki and has it all to do at Bradford.

IF Mowbray goes, and I'm not convinced he will, then I think we can add Grayson to the list with Venus, Johnson, Adkins.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Farke would be the first and obvious choice to replace Mowbray. He is the sort of manager we need. 

Grayson and Warburton are both of contract and have Championship experience meaning they would be quick appointment and not needed to wait for a manager in the playoffs chase. 

Farke and Dyche stand out candidates. Grayson and Warburton has beens. So one of the last two has a very good chance of being appointed! Not holding my breath for a stonking successor to TM (if he goes)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If it's going to be Grayson then Id rather keep Mowbray.

• Like 1

Hate close seasons. Could be in for a quiet few months.

For all the PR done by Rovers to promote the club (??) to attract new and former ST holders there is no time better than now. FGS Venkys say something at least to show you want this club to succeed.  

Edited by Cherry Blue

Duncan Ferguson would be purely because he runs around a lot on the touchline, which based on recent weeks does in fairness seem to be a commonly held necessary skill. Definitely wouldn't want him.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20105026.blackburn-rovers-preparations-next-season-underway/

"if we did win the play-offs we wouldn’t be signing some of the players that we’re maybe looking at on free transfers and on a few grand a week."

Doesn't scream of a Venkys masterplan incoming featuring investment.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is there any point in replacing Mowbray with either Grayson or Warburton?

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I’d take Warburton. Not much of an improvement, but an improvement. 

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’d take Warburton. Not much of an improvement, but an improvement. 

Neither would be an improvement in my opinion, both like mowbray, past their best(if warburton has even had a 'best' as a manager!) pretty lame and completely uninspiring, but that said I still want him gone. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Neither would be an improvement in my opinion, both like mowbray, past their best(if warburton has even had a 'best' as a manager!) pretty lame and completely uninspiring, but that said I still want him gone. 

I agree with Grayson.

7 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Interesting notes: Age of the managers in the top 10 of the Championship (as of 28/4/22)

1. Fulham - Marco Silva (44)

2. Bournemouth - Scott Parker (41)

3. Nottingham Forest - Steve Cooper (42)

4. Huddersfield Town - Carlos Corberan (39)

5. Luton Town - Nathan Jones (48)

6. Sheffield United - Paul Heckingbottom (44)

7. Middlesbrough - Chris Wilder (54)

8. Blackburn Rovers - Tony Mowbray (58)

9. Millwall - Gary Rowett (48)

10. Queen's Park Rangers - Mark Warburton (59)

Interesting to see the oldest two managers in the top 10 are the ones who haven't been given a new contract for next season.

You say oldest I say worst.

27 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

It's at the point where just about anyone who has a slight understanding of the fact that you need to win games will do.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone as unambitious as Mowbray. I just want rid.

It cant be a situation whereby simply anyone where Mowbray will do, as much as he has to go. A win in the last 2 would be (I think this is right) the most wins in a Championship during the terrible Venkys area so he does understand how to win and cant be that unambitious. We need an improvement to take us forward, however those chances are about in line with our chances of somehow making the play offs under these terrible owners sadly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

If it's going to be Grayson then Id rather keep Mowbray.

Mowbray needs to go. His time here is done. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Duncan Ferguson would be purely because he runs around a lot on the touchline, which based on recent weeks does in fairness seem to be a commonly held necessary skill. Definitely wouldn't want him.

Wouldn't shock me if he wanted to go into becoming a manager this summer somewhere 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20105026.blackburn-rovers-preparations-next-season-underway/

"if we did win the play-offs we wouldn’t be signing some of the players that we’re maybe looking at on free transfers and on a few grand a week."

Doesn't scream of a Venkys masterplan incoming featuring investment.

How does Mowbray know anything about next season budget if he hasn't spoken to the owners and board about it? 

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Yee

20 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Probably talking to Mark Robins 😞

Is this a hint? 

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray needs to go. His time here is done. 

Wouldn't shock me if he wanted to go into becoming a manager this summer somewhere 

How does Mowbray know anything about next season budget if he hasn't spoken to the owners and board about it? 

Yee

Is this a hint? 

If it was a straight choice, Grayson or Mowbray, who would you pick out of interest? One word answer.