BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Just now, JHRover said:

The 'favourites' for the Rovers job with the bookies are almost identical to those for the Lincoln City job. 

That sums up the calibre of appointment we are expected to be looking at.

Top end Championship ticket prices for League One level appointments. 

Preparing for a future in League one maybe? 

9 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

4/1 - Michael Appleton 6/1 - Derek McInnes 8/1 - Gareth Ainsworth 8/1 - Lee Johnson 10/1 - Joey Barton 10/1 - Jonathan Woodgate 10/1 - Michael Duff 10/1 - Rob Edwards

From Sky

Sorry, I had to double check that list because it's not great reading.

Not that I imagine Skybet have a the first clue who we'd be going for but overall their list isn't great. Certainly doesn't have many names that jump out immediately. 

Overall list:

Screenshot_20220501-074007_Sky Bet.jpg

Screenshot_20220501-074017_Sky Bet.jpg

Edited by davulsukur

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The 'favourites' for the Rovers job with the bookies are almost identical to those for the Lincoln City job. 

Sadly so. There’s a reason ended up with Tony bloody Mowbray in the first place. 

9 hours ago, dallydally said:

Thankfully he's been here once as Manager and knows what a poisoned chalice it is

Didn't he say "the place needs exorcising' in one of his early interviews? 

17 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Get your money on the chap with the lowest odds from the agency. That or someone who is already here. Or Mowbray of course 

It’s slim pickins. But back 2017 Mowbray was the slimmest of slim pickins. Absolutely no one I knew was happy with that appointment at the time other than delight Coyle was gone.

Yesterday we were trying to think of who would be the equivalent appointment today as Mowbray was in 2017. Thought of Ian Holloway. One good effort 10 years ago. Disastrous recent spells and not worked for about 2 years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roverandout said:

No we don't.  We aren't some small feeder club ffs. We are bigger than 90 percent of clubs in this league.  Are Luton or Huddersfield a developmental club? No! We need to stop fucking around and start to head in the right direction.  I like seeing young players coming through but not at the expense of the promised land.  Mowbray is obsessed with developing this developing that. Mowbray has f*cked off now.  Time for a coach to come in and bring some positivity.  Don't want Johnson as he will probably have the same idea. Fresh approach.  Fresh ideas needed

Yes we do, we need a manager/head coach who can take the club to the next level but keep bringing through good young players we got. I have mention Daniel Farke who did both at Norwich as my top choice. 

12 hours ago, JoeH said:

Rob Edwards I reckon

Joe, Can I asked given you work in football what do you know about him? I've seen one game live on sky the other week, but all I seen is highlights of his games and the fact he favour 3-4-1-2 formation during his time at Forest Green Rovers. 

9 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Put your money on Unsworth

why? 

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Honeyman will have been on the blower to Pulis, "I'll get you this gig, Tony".

Hasn't Pulis retired as I seem to remember a post from @1864roveriteposting this news a few weeks/couple of months ago

If Rovers management team want a Liam Manning or Gareth Ainsworth we are going to have to wait until their teams have finish their playoffs and that could be nearly the end of May before we can appoint them. 

For me, Rovers need to make an appointment in the next 2 weeks to allow that new manager/head coach to bring in his own staff which sounds like new number 2 plus other staff members, head of recruitment, New head of medical services, etc. Starting recruiting new players and finalising pre season plans. 

My choice would be Daniel Farke. Other names I would look is Carlos Carvalhal, David Wagner and Paul Warne.

If you a young up and coming manager then Someone like Rob Edwards, Liam Manning or Mark Bonner

The next decision of who replaces Mowbray is crucial and need to be done quick 

One to keep an eye on is David Lowe's contract. I'm sure I remember it being extended not long ago?

Unlikely they will pay him off and will want him to be part of the next setup which will immediately cut the options available.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

One to keep an eye on is David Lowe's contract. I'm sure I remember it being extended not long ago?

Unlikely they will pay him off and will want him to be part of the next setup which will immediately cut the options available.

He’s part of the problem in my opinion. Did we look a well coached team yesterday ? We can’t even get the basics right.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s part of the problem in my opinion. Did we look a well coached team yesterday ? We can’t even get the basics right.

Have you ever seen him in warm up, his control and passing are woeful 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Actually sums up that sky don’t have a clue. Odds are bet driven in these markets. Save the screenshot, I reckon we’ll get someone not currently on there.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Actually sums up that sky don’t have a clue. Odds are bet driven in these markets. Save the screenshot, I reckon we’ll get someone not currently on there.

Hopefully, because comparing our list to QPRs is like chalk and cheese.