BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking on the bright side,nottm forest had a hatful of useless managers  before they fell upon cooper,look at them now,venkys and swag could do something right by accident😆

Nothing they have done over the last 12 years has been by accident. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

4/1 - Michael Appleton 6/1 - Derek McInnes 8/1 - Gareth Ainsworth 8/1 - Lee Johnson 10/1 - Joey Barton 10/1 - Jonathan Woodgate 10/1 - Michael Duff 10/1 - Rob Edwards

From Sky

No wonder you wrote it in white.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking on the bright side,nottm forest had a hatful of useless managers  before they fell upon cooper,look at them now,venkys and swag could do something right by accident😆

They didn't "fall upon Cooper" . He'd done a great job at Swansea and he fell out with the Board there because they didn't share his values. It was an excellent signing and it's no surprise to me that Forest are right up there

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Thankfully he's been here once as Manager and knows what a poisoned chalice it is

But worryingly, what a rich man it can make you with very little effort. What was it, two months in the job?

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Rob Edwards I reckon

Forest green were miles clear at the top and now sit second. There form in recent months has been poor, maybe because they were so far clear they rested on there laurels a bit? Don’t know much about Edwards. For me I’d like Manning or Carvahal who apparently wants to return to English football. Any talk of Farke is pie in the sky shit, maybe Carvahal is too. 

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mowbray's parting comments are not helpful in the slightest. We don't need a "developmental" coach, we need a manager that can win Championship football matches!

I agree with that wholeheartedly. We need a winner.

However, I see what Mowbray was getting at with those comments yesterday.

He was saying if we just want to win, then the owners need to spend money on getting that type of manager in and allow him to bring in quality players to help in that regard.

With the squad as it is, "young lads" that is, he feels we need a developmental coach instead. Reading between the lines, he was trying to tell us these owners won't spend on a win at all costs manager and buy quality players. Therefore a "developmental coach" is more suited to the current situation. Not that I agree with that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

If it's worth anything, I heard that a guy called Windy is willing to the job for fuck all - he knows nowt about football management but gives a shit! Are we in?

Well if you're cheap and give a shit that gives you an obvious advantage over Mowbray straight away and you're dead level on the 3rd criteria ! 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I agree with that wholeheartedly. We need a winner.

However, I see what Mowbray was getting at with those comments yesterday.

He was saying if we just want to win, then the owners need to spend money on getting that type of manager in and allow him to bring in quality players to help in that regard.

With the squad as it is, "young lads" that is, he feels we need a developmental coach instead. Reading between the lines, he was trying to tell us these owners won't spend on a win at all costs manager and buy quality players. Therefore a "developmental coach" is more suited to the current situation. Not that I agree with that.

I haven't checked the ages but is the squad THAT young and/or inexperienced?

• Like 2

It isn't, no. They have plenty of appearances and experience between them. It's Mowbray that has come up with this "young side" talk in recent months. It has begun to stick with some fans as he is constantly repeating it.

The worrying thing is, I think he actually believes it. He's said a number of times in the past how he "needs men out there".

There was just something about yesterday's press conference that made me think he threw in the towel a while ago in regards to promotion because he couldn't get the funds to sign those "men".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

4/1 - Michael Appleton 6/1 - Derek McInnes 8/1 - Gareth Ainsworth 8/1 - Lee Johnson 10/1 - Joey Barton 10/1 - Jonathan Woodgate 10/1 - Michael Duff 10/1 - Rob Edwards

From Sky

2/1 I'm blind tomorrow after trying to read that.

• Like 1

The 'favourites' for the Rovers job with the bookies are almost identical to those for the Lincoln City job. 

That sums up the calibre of appointment we are expected to be looking at.

Top end Championship ticket prices for League One level appointments. 

• Like 7