BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well I said more than he is just 'a dingle' tho didn't I? I have been more than open why I wouldn't be favour of Dyche but I don't get this obsess with him coming here that some of you have. I would rather have Daniel Farke who I think would suit our club much better.

None of those players are coming here so your question is irrelevant. I rather focus on players who are realistic and achievable signings and transfer targets.  

But would his previous spell at Burnley affect you if he did join? 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

neither is Dyche but you keep going on about 

Do I? I mentioned him once in a humourous context (being here while Burnley still owe him money).

'Neither is Dyche' suggests you know Farke's also not realistic, yet you keep mentioning him. Something you berate others for when they mention Dyche.

My whole point is you are being hypocritical about it AND it's not for you to tell other posters to stop talking about something. Next time you see a post about Dyche just scroll past it instead of berating the poster.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Do I? I mentioned him once in a humourous context (being here while Burnley still owe him money).

'Neither is Dyche' suggests you know Farke's also not realistic, yet you keep mentioning him. Something you berate others for when they mention Dyche.

My whole point is you are being hypocritical about it AND it's not for you to tell other posters to stop talking about something. Next time you see a post about Dyche just scroll past it instead of berating the poster.

I think Daniel Farke is a very realistic suggestion and one that would show ambition of the club for promotion within the next season. Other posters on here have said similar like @PeteJD13and it was original suggestion of @glen9mullanif I can remember correctly. 

Fair enough

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But would his previous spell at Burnley affect you if he did join? 

are we talking about Dyche? If so I think I stand by my opinion on it

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

WHAT REJECT MANAGER WILL WE BE LUMBERED WITH NEXT?

1. Tony Mowbray

2. Dunny

3. Paul Scholes

Good god. Don’t even joke

might go proper left wing and get Clive Woodward aka saints or a QEGS PE teacher after finding out that’s how Gerard houllier started . Still wouldn’t be as bad as those three

• Like 1

On 24/04/2022 at 01:27, SuperBrfc said:

Still remember Dunny deciding to support the scumbag by telling us all to "get real" back in the dark days. Poor form from somebody who should have known better.

Loads of good memories of him as a player, but that moment was disappointing. He's no coach or manager anyway.

There was a time when the owners had a fascination with bringing in a former player, maybe it was driven by Shebby, I don't know. We ended up with Berg as a result of it. If they were to ever go down that route again, Dunny is the last guy I would want in that role.

God! Remember the uproar when it came out that Billy Mckinlay was on the verge of becoming manager! 

And tbf Mckinlay looked like he had decent credentials at the time in many areas, but he just did have any real managerial experience. 

But anyway! Looking to the future... Apears as if Pocchetino is going to be available in the summer👍👍

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

There used to be a saying in the Lancashire mill towns. “ Clogs to clogs in three generations “. That’s what’s happening with the Chicken Chokers.

What it means is the original hard working founders of the company started life wearing clogs ( poor peoples shoes ). The next generation did ok, they worked hard and they still had shoes. Then the third generation came along. They were used to having an easy life, did nothing to progress the company, and before you knew it they were back broke and wearing clogs.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Looking at who’s out there, Bilic isn’t immediately looking for work, but he could probably be had. Bilic has one of the highest win%, 45.6%. We could do a lot worse. 

Bilic would be a very decent statement of intent. 

I think so much of success at this level can be right-place at the right-time, so I'm pretty open minded about who we end up getting assuming Mowbray's on his way. Hughton's record was stellar until he was a disaster at Forest, and there are loads of other cases of managers doing well with one club and stinking the place out at another. I wouldn't be against a left-field choice like Wagner or Farke were at the time, but I suspect that requires a bit more imagination than we presently have in the Ewood boardroom. 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2022 at 10:13, Mattyblue said:

Tony Mowbray 

After that interview last week, I am convinced Mowbray is staying too.

If not, what's happened to Steve McLaren ? - NOT ADVOCATING him in any way but I bet Venky's advisors would see him as pluckable from the same scrapheap where they found Mowbray all those years ago. 

The main issue for me under this ownership and way it's run is so much goes through the manager. They want a hands on access all areas kind of guy overseeing the whole football operation by the looks of it.

He installed his own number 2 as some kind of assistant manager/DOF who deals with signings etc. He basically selected his own CEO and his own HOR, god knows what else.

It means the whole inside of the club isn't really geared to withstand stand change very well and that is all wrong for a club of this size. It's like a closed shop and if he left they'd just need another to step into that. Minimal changes, another yes man means nothing will happen and we won't get anywhere.

As has been the case all along the club needs a proper chairman and board of directors based in Blackburn running it.  That gives the stability and keeps it, allowing changes below to manager and coaching staff without it imploding.  Or having to keep hold of the same lot forever to stop it from doing so.

It's a real problem this.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

If not, what's happened to Steve McLaren ? - NOT ADVOCATING him in any way but I bet Venky's advisors would see him as pluckable from the same scrapheap where they found Mowbray all those years ago. 

I heard rumours some time ago that Venkys wanted a foreign appointment next. Maybe Steve was putting on his best Dutch 'acshent' 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

He's going with Ten Haag back to united, i also concur i'm convinced mowbray is staying