BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

“I’ve decided.”

"All I can do is say that there’s been no conversation, no approach, no discussions and we’re a week away from the end of the season, so what do you want me to think? I don’t feel like I’m being disloyal saying anything other than it looks like I’m leaving because there’s no contract discussions and I’m out of contract at the end of the season"

Sounds like he's decided to leave - unless he gets offered a new contract!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This changes nothing on my prediction. I still think they will let him stay if he wants to, the question will be how long it takes Venkys to awaken from their hibernation and do anything.

I don't, I think it's as some of us predicted last Summer when many believed he should have been sacked. They are letting his contract run down because they didn't want to pay out compensation.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This changes nothing on my prediction. I still think they will let him stay if he wants to, the question will be how long it takes Venkys to awaken from their hibernation and do anything.

I agree. I think Tony would stay if asked and the venkys don’t care either way . I think he might feel disrespected and gave himself a deadline to see if any offer was forthcoming. It didn’t come and he has reached the point of basically saying balls to you then

1 hour ago, booth said:

I don't, I think it's as some of us predicted last Summer when many believed he should have been sacked. They are letting his contract run down because they didn't want to pay out compensation.

Indeed, made me laugh last season on that horror run, ‘surely he must be sacked?’

Why would he have been? He had a contract, so crack on Tone.

next manager is an in house appointment,even the terminally clueless swag and the inactive indians would`nt let the managers contract run down unless they already has a replacement,it`s either venus or johnson,uninspiring but still better than the likes of grayson,would`nt expect anything ambitious would you😒

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

next manager is an in house appointment,even the terminally clueless swag and the inactive indians would`nt let the managers contract run down unless they already has a replacement,it`s either venus or johnson,uninspiring but still better than the likes of grayson,would`nt expect anything ambitious would you😒

I wouldn’t be happy but could cope with Johnson . I’d rather tony stay then get Venus in 

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I wouldn’t be happy but could cope with Johnson . I’d rather tony stay then get Venus in 

i think venus will be announced after the bournemouth game tbh,he`s got a completely different outlook than mowbray,so expect a bit of long ball,you never know he might be better,doubt it,but you got to give him a chance

Rovers should be looking at Daniel Farke, Carlos Carvalhal and Kjetil Knutsen IF we want an ambitious appointment and build on this season and look for promotion next season or 2.  

If you looking for young manager but experience in the lower leagues someone like Paul Warne, Gareth Ainsworth and Liam Manning would be choices there but a risk appointment. 

Some people would want someone like Chris Hughton or Mick McCarthy appointment and respect you for that choice but its ain't for me. 

If you watch Monday night game on Sky it appears that Simon Grayson would be interest in the job and I wouldn't be surprise if we did appoint someone like that. He wouldn't be my choice tbh despite me wanting him years ago before Coyle was appointment here. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Looking at Mowbray's comments he looks like a man who wants to be with his family and move back to the North East where he can be with them more. Don't blame him for that either. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers should be looking at Daniel Farke, Carlos Carvalhal and Kjetil Knutsen IF we want an ambitious appointment and build on this season and look for promotion next season or 2.  

If you looking for young manager but experience in the lower leagues someone like Paul Warne, Gareth Ainsworth and Liam Manning would be choices there but a risk appointment. 

Some people would want someone like Chris Hughton or Mick McCarthy appointment and respect you for that choice but its ain't for me. 

If you watch Monday night game on Sky it appears that Simon Grayson would be interest in the job and I wouldn't be surprise if we did appoint someone like that. He wouldn't be my choice tbh despite me wanting him years ago before Coyle was appointment here. 

Looking at Mowbray's comments he looks like a man who wants to be with his family and move back to the North East where he can be with them more. Don't blame him for that either. 

I admire your optimism. However I would advise you to prepare to be underwhelmed and disappointed.

• Like 3

Ainsworth is 49 next week, and has 10 years under his belt at Wycombe. 

Paul Warne is 49 next week, and has nearly 6 years under his belt at Rotherham.

Both have got 100% relegation records in the Championship - Ainsworth 1 season 1 relegation and Warne 3 seasons 3 relegations.

So I'm not sure how either can be classed as 'young' or 'up and coming' and neither has done anything to inspire confidence in delivering at Championship level or above. If they did then you might expect bigger or richer clubs to have snapped them up by now.

15 hours ago, booth said:

Yup.

Might have been different had we looked in danger of going down but that didn't happen this season as disappointing as it has nevertheless ended up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Ainsworth is 49 next week, and has 10 years under his belt at Wycombe. 

Paul Warne is 49 next week, and has nearly 6 years under his belt at Rotherham.

Both have got 100% relegation records in the Championship - Ainsworth 1 season 1 relegation and Warne 3 seasons 3 relegations.

So I'm not sure how either can be classed as 'young' or 'up and coming' and neither has done anything to inspire confidence in delivering at Championship level or above. If they did then you might expect bigger or richer clubs to have snapped them up by now.

As previously stated re - Ainsworth, you have to factor in the size and limitations of Wycombe Wanderers.

There is an element of risk about the step up, but there is an element of risk with most appointments.

I just believe he would be a good fit, and would immediately unite the fanbase.

His enthusiasm would also be a breath of fresh air.

Highly unlikely it will happen for three obvious reasons.

We are run by ignorant buffoons, he's under contract and is with the wrong agency.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

This thread is about to get interesting.....

Genuinely not a clue who to expect (HSH stable aside...).

Stable ?

It's the knackers yard behind the stable where they've been put out to grass they'll be looking at.

• Like 2

I really like Ainsworth, and I wouldn't be dead against his appointment. Wycombe are a small club even by L1 standards (weren't they at the bottom of L2 when he was first appointed?) so he's obviously worked miracles there to get them and almost keep them in the Championship.

All that said, going from a club like that straight to Rovers is an enormous leap in terms of expectations, the sorts of players that you deal with, budgets and generally what the job entails day-to-day. I'd feel much better about someone with a track record at a club more similar to Rovers, either here or abroad if we've actually done our research. 

Interesting notes: Age of the managers in the top 10 of the Championship (as of 28/4/22)

1. Fulham - Marco Silva (44)

2. Bournemouth - Scott Parker (41)

3. Nottingham Forest - Steve Cooper (42)

4. Huddersfield Town - Carlos Corberan (39)

5. Luton Town - Nathan Jones (48)

6. Sheffield United - Paul Heckingbottom (44)

7. Middlesbrough - Chris Wilder (54)

8. Blackburn Rovers - Tony Mowbray (58)

9. Millwall - Gary Rowett (48)

10. Queen's Park Rangers - Mark Warburton (59)

Interesting to see the oldest two managers in the top 10 are the ones who haven't been given a new contract for next season.

• Like 1