BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

• Backroom
55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair enough

If Newcastle kept paying Pardew after he left them I am very surprise given how good Mike Ashley is at business and surprised he signed off that contract

Dyche won't be coming here. Someone like Daniel Farke would be ideal and far more realistic imo

I posted my opinions on what I would do. Which were very sensible and realistic ideas and thought process. 

he has 3 years there

Farke won't be coming here. End of.

Grayson would be no different than Mowbray just another bland safe pair of hands. A different voice though and at the very least that is what is needed down there.

The absolute only way to consider keeping Mowbray is a shorter contract and some guaranteed backing.

Chaddy I would think Dyche is more realistic for Venkys than Farke. Both very very unlikely with these owners but Dyche probably more in keeping with the way they do things and operate here.

Farke will have options across Europe, as his recent deal in Russia shows and back in his native Germany. He worked at Norwich under a solid and settled backroom structure in a 'head coach' capacity with a sporting director and it is in those conditions he flourished. He will want or expect similar or at least should be brought into similar at his next club. We don't work like that here. Venkys have never shown any interest in that sort of structure and have always preferred an all powerful old fashioned manager running the show for them. Their attempt at a 'head coach' setup with snake oil salesman Senior was so bad it was funny.

Dyche won't have offers from Europe, and won't want to work under a Head Coach system. Dyche will have to work in the Championship next and will want complete control like he had at the dingledome. 

He would get that here. So it would probably suit him and the owners.

Not going to happen though because this lot wouldn't make a sensible or ambitious appointment if their lives depended on it, let alone one that is going to cost them money and require transfer promises.

Far better bringing someone in who will be grateful for a Championship job and agree to whatever it is they want without a word of complaint. See Coyle and Mowbray.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

As in Simon Grayson ?

im 99% sure I saw him away at Peterborough the other day 😬

Don’t say things like that please. It might have been European tour golfer Jamie Donaldson you saw instead. I bloody hope so anyway 😂

F3D94618-E178-4F46-9FD5-E2A406E1D214.png

163C6660-9C98-4B5D-A2B7-3AC316ABBE2C.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Chaddy I would think Dyche is more realistic for Venkys than Farke. Both very very unlikely with these owners but Dyche probably more in keeping with the way they do things and operate here.

Farke will have options across Europe, as his recent deal in Russia shows and back in his native Germany. He worked at Norwich under a solid and settled backroom structure in a 'head coach' capacity with a sporting director and it is in those conditions he flourished. He will want or expect similar or at least should be brought into similar at his next club. We don't work like that here. Venkys have never shown any interest in that sort of structure and have always preferred an all powerful old fashioned manager running the show for them. Their attempt at a 'head coach' setup with snake oil salesman Senior was so bad it was funny.

Dyche won't have offers from Europe, and won't want to work under a Head Coach system. Dyche will have to work in the Championship next and will want complete control like he had at the dingledome. 

Not going to happen though because this lot wouldn't make a sensible or ambitious appointment if their lives depended on it, let alone one that is going to cost them money and require transfer promises.

Far better bringing someone in who will be grateful for a Championship job and agree to whatever it is they want without a word of complaint. See Coyle and Mowbray.

Both of the above mentioned have ambition and would be making a solid attempt at promotion. That is contrary to the goals of the people running the club. 

I said to one of my mates I’m sure I’ve just seen Simon Grayson on the concourse. Looking at that picture I’m almost certain I did. Worrying times. All this is torture. I wish I could fast forward a few weeks. The suspense is killing me 😅

A good quality, ambitious manager would look at several things, some of which we will hugely fail in. Firstly the players he inherits. Well at the moment with the loans and out of contract players going back we couldn't really name enough to fill the bench. And the ability of some of them leaves a lot to be desired. He will want guarantees on budgets both for wages and transfers. With the talk of a 'wage cap' getting in established Championship quality players will be difficult. The transfer budget will no doubt be curtailed by P&S although other clubs don't seem to be worried about it like us. The facilities we have would appeal to a decent manager as would the Academy, particularly if he has a history of developing youngsters. 

On the other hand desperados like Coyle and Grayson would jump at the chance to get back in the limelight. They are cheap, will toe the line and be completely subservient to the owners. If Mowbray does go I believe that is the market we will be in.

18 hours ago, Mike E said:

Farke won't be coming here. End of.

Why? His salary is more realistic for us then Dyche and I would prefer his style of football here and he has history of youth development which I see has key requirement for any appointment

13 hours ago, JHRover said:

Dyche isn't realistic and I think he will end up at QPR in the summer. I don't ever see him getting another manager job where he has so much power over everything like he had at the dingles until the last 12 months. He will have to compromise his way of working. 

Yes I am fully aware of the Norwich way under Stuart Webber and Farke. It worked great for them and their structure is there. 

Rovers have good recruitment department but maybe Farke will want more control similar to a manager now.  He will have a range of contacts he could bring into the club. 

Yes I have been in favour bringing in a Director of football/head coach structure here and I would still like to it under a proper director of football tho. 

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I said to one of my mates I’m sure I’ve just seen Simon Grayson on the concourse. Looking at that picture I’m almost certain I did. Worrying times. All this is torture. I wish I could fast forward a few weeks. The suspense is killing me 😅

underwhelming,past it,shopworn and had the sack so many times he`s got a permanant p45,just the man for venkys🥵

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? His salary is more realistic for us then Dyche and I would prefer his style of football here and he has history of youth development which I see has key requirement for any appointment

Dyche isn't realistic and I think he will end up at QPR in the summer. I don't ever see him getting another manager job where he has so much power over everything like he had at the dingles until the last 12 months. He will have to compromise his way of working. 

Yes I am fully aware of the Norwich way under Stuart Webber and Farke. It worked great for them and their structure is there. 

Rovers have good recruitment department but maybe Farke will want more control similar to a manager now.  He will have a range of contacts he could bring into the club. 

Yes I have been in favour bringing in a Director of football/head coach structure here and I would still like to it under a proper director of football tho. 

You've said before that you don't want Dyche because he is "a dingle." To me thats beyond petty but each to their own. Would you welcome Pope, Tarkowski or Cornet out of interest?

• Like 4

He must be one of them in the Blackburn End that has an encyclopaedic knowledge of ex Burnley players.

’Booooooo!’

’Why you booing him?’

’He played half an hour as a sub on loan there in 2012’

’Oh’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

There's no point talking about it, Farke's not coming here.

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You've said before that you don't want Dyche because he is "a dingle." To me thats beyond petty but each to their own. Would you welcome Pope, Tarkowski or Cornet out of interest?

well I said more than he is just 'a dingle' tho didn't I? I have been more than open why I wouldn't be favour of Dyche but I don't get this obsess with him coming here that some of you have. I would rather have Daniel Farke who I think would suit our club much better.

None of those players are coming here so your question is irrelevant. I rather focus on players who are realistic and achievable signings and transfer targets.