BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Which clubs has he been CEO of and what appointments has he been responsible for?

Steve Kean has been the manager of 4 clubs it doesn't make him a competent manager. 

What has he done in 4.5 years as CEO to have earned confidence? 

No idea of who he has appoint but I'm sure he has appoint and been involved in making some managerial appointment

He has been CEO of Blackburn Rovers, Charlton, Coventry and Gillingham. 

Where did I say I have confidence in him? Maybe look at what I actually said which was he should be more than capable of running of managerial search, interviewing potential candidates and appointing a new manager given how long he worked in football and the roles he has had them. Bigger and proper question will be will the owners let him do the interviewing and appointing the next manager

Edited by chaddyrovers

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No idea of who he has appoint but I'm sure he has appoint and been involved in making some managerial appointment

He has been CEO of Blackburn Rovers, Charlton, Coventry and Gillingham. 

Where did I say I have confidence in him? Maybe look at what I actually said which was he should be more than capable of running of managerial search, interviewing potential candidates and appointing a new manager given how long he worked in football and the roles he has had them. Bigger and proper question will be will the owners let him do the interviewing and appointing the next manager

But you've already previously posted that Coyle was interviewed by Pasha and "unnamed Indian gentleman" and off the back of that, he was recommended to the owners. 

So Pasha's last known involvement was to overrule the appointment of Warnock for Coyle and you think he's fit to conduct a managerial search?

• Like 5

Silvester is the club secretary, so you can count him out of the decision making process.

Waggott’s football pedigree is a tragi-comedy and  he is basically a hired goon.

That leaves Pasha, aka the invisible man, as king maker. 
If, as suggested, he’s the guy who jettisoned Warnock for Coyle, he is evidently clueless.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have this before. 

He has been a Football CEO of 4 football league clubs so he will have appoint new managers during that time. 

If you don't think he can fine enough. 

Just had a look at managers appointed during his time as CEO of his three previous clubs (dates might be out by one or two days)

(Club Name - Dates as CEO *companies house - Manager at time (dates as manager - Replacement Manager - (dates as manager) - League positions 11v11.com

Gillingham 6 /2/16 - 1/4/17      Justin Edinburgh 7/2/15 - 3/1/17 ,Adrian Pennock 4/1/17-25/9/17 *former Gillingham player

Position when Manager sacked,  League 1 -17th -  Position when new manager left, League 1 -22nd

Coventry 14 8/2013 - 5/11/15     Steve Pressley 8/3/13 - 23/2/15,  Tony Mowbray 3/3/2015 - 29/9/16

Position when Manager sacked, League 1 -21st  -Position when new manager left League 1 -24th

Charlton 04/2008 - 14/06/2010 -     Alan Pardew 26/12/06 - 22/11/08,  Phil Parkinson *( Assistant  under Pardew) 23/11/08 - 4/1/11     Position when Manager sacked,  Championship 22nd -  Position when new manager  left, 5th League 1

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have this before. 

He has been a Football CEO of 4 football league clubs so he will have appoint new managers during that time. 

If you don't think he can fine enough. 

Jimmy saville was a broadcaster for decades . I wouldn’t want him back on the tv or radio

• Like 3

10 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Just had a look at managers appointed during his time as CEO of his three previous clubs (dates might be out by one or two days)

(Club Name - Dates as CEO *companies house - Manager at time (dates as manager - Replacement Manager - (dates as manager) - League positions 11v11.com

Gillingham 6 /2/16 - 1/4/17      Justin Edinburgh 7/2/15 - 3/1/17 ,Adrian Pennock 4/1/17-25/9/17 *former Gillingham player

Position when Manager sacked,  League 1 -17th -  Position when new manager left, League 1 -22nd

Coventry 14 8/2013 - 5/11/15     Steve Pressley 8/3/13 - 23/2/15,  Tony Mowbray 3/3/2015 - 29/9/16

Position when Manager sacked, League 1 -21st  -Position when new manager left League 1 -24th

Charlton 04/2008 - 14/06/2010 -     Alan Pardew 26/12/06 - 22/11/08,  Phil Parkinson *( Assistant  under Pardew) 23/11/08 - 4/1/11     Position when Manager sacked,  Championship 22nd -  Position when new manager  left, 5th League 1

But in the typical dysfunctional way to which we have become accustomed to we go completely against normal football and business protocol.

Our manager appointed the CEO.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, davulsukur said:

But you've already previously posted that Coyle was interviewed by Pasha and "unnamed Indian gentleman" and off the back of that, he was recommended to the owners. 

So Pasha's last known involvement was to overrule the appointment of Warnock for Coyle and you think he's fit to conduct a managerial search?

I posted the info that Coyle said he was appointed. Whether its true or not I don't know but Coyle did say he met Balaji before his appointment. 

Paul Senior told me that he selected Mowbray as Coyle's replacement. Whether Pasha had any involve in that decision know. 

Wasn't Pasha involved in the Lambert appointment which was good and positive appointment at the time. Shame his plans was never implement and he chose to walk away from the club. Cos I believe with the right finances and backing he would have got us promotion and playoff place at least

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wasn't Pasha involved in the Lambert appointment which was good and positive appointment at the time. Shame his plans was never implement and he chose to walk away from the club. Cos I believe with the right finances and backing he would have got us promotion and playoff place at least

At the time I thought Lambert was a quality appointment.But since then he has failed in every job he has had and is currently unemployed so it's a stretch to believe he would have got us promotion or playoffs.

Lambert had a very good spell at Norwich and did ok initially at Villa his managerial career since can only be described as poor 

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

At the time I thought Lambert was a quality appointment.But since then he has failed in every job he has had and is currently unemployed so it's a stretch to believe he would have got us promotion or playoffs.

Lambert had a very good spell at Norwich and did ok initially at Villa his managerial career since can only be described as poor 

I have what my belief was at the time Lambert was there and he know what was need to get us promotion. Whether we would have done is a million dollar question we will never get the answer to. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I thought the Lambert appointment was the first sensible things the Chokers had done. Not just Lambert but Irvine and the other guy ( Billy Barr ?  ) he brought in as assistants. One way or another it all fell apart in no time though.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought the Lambert appointment was the first sensible things the Chokers had done. Not just Lambert but Irvine and the other guy ( Billy Barr ?  ) he brought in as assistants. One way or another it all fell apart in no time though.

Lambert bought in with him Alan Irvine, Rob Kelly and Goalkeeper coach Laurence Batty

• Like 1

What would Lambert have done with Mowbrays backing over 5 years had he been the type of guy happy to just plod around ?

I certainly don't think it would have been worse and i'm quite confident we'd never have gone down. He wouldn't have inflicted what Coyle did on us i.e Wes Brown, Stokes, Greer and co.

End of the day maybe they are two bang average managers but two polar opposite characters. Mowbray happy to plod and just cling to a job for himself and his pals. Lambert chases the dream and is prepared to fall on his sword when it goes wrong and go somewhere else and start again.

He'll find somewhere it just clicks again if he keeps looking for jobs.

Lambert's appointment suggested a plan was in place. That was the first and only time we have been able to say that about a managerial appointment here in the last 12 years. The embarrassing rejection of Neil Warnock to appoint hapless Coyle and then bringing Mowbray off the scrapheap to save us were not plans but signs of a club without a clue what it was doing.

In the end Mowbray has worked out for them, luckily, but the simple cold hard fact of things is that we are yet to better Gary Bowyer's efforts but are now 8 years on and £100 million+ down. 

Its gone stale and its time for a change for all concerned. No shame in that it is just how football works. Mowbray should count himself lucky he's had this long at it because he wouldn't have had this time at any other Football League club. 

Unfortunately for us we have owners who don't care about the fans, don't care about promotion, don't care about what the players want or what is best for the club. They just want someone in place they like who won't rock the boat or call them out, getting results and keeping things ticking over is an added bonus and they've got all that in abundance with Mowbray who will blame anyone and anything for performance other than the owners and himself. He's also subdued most of the fanbase with him and his mate in the boardroom handling all that side of things.

As I say they will just expect him to cart on and gratefully accept whatever it is they decide to do without question which is what has happened for the last 5 years. 

• Like 2

On 10/04/2022 at 16:54, JHRover said:

Tony Mowbray will be our manager next year, provided he wants to be. Little doubt in my mind on that and I will be surprised if he isn't.

What happens now is that we get through the next 5 games with no news or announcement. A couple of weeks after the season is over and Mowbray has been on holiday we find out when he is going to India with Waggott.

They go, we hear nothing for another week or two, and then at some point in early June they confirm he is staying on, references to the 'young team' and going ever so close this season and building on that. It will all be about how the owners have reaffirmed their commitment and are determined to keep building.

By this point everyone else has another major head start, made worse by the shortened summer break and early start to the next season.

Something to look forward to this summer! What on earth happened to our once-proud club...

20 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Something to look forward to this summer! What on earth happened to our once-proud club...

The close season is there to look forward to. Like I look forward to the international breaks. They can’t spoil your weekend then.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

14 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Jimmy saville was a broadcaster for decades . I wouldn’t want him back on the tv or radio

I don't know. A televised bonfire with his corpse burning on it could be a winner.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The close season is there to look forward to. Like I look forward to the international breaks. They can’t spoil you weekend then.

Rovers losing doesn't normal spoil anyway but the latest defeat to Peterborough annoyed me all Friday afterwards and Saturday daytime. 

It will be very interesting summer for Rovers including a number of signings and new management team to bring in for the club

mowbray will definately **** off at the end of the season,if he was going to sign another contract  it would have been announced with great fanfare that he  had been in contact with the chicken mob and had commited to a new deal,i think he`s still leaving  even if  the miracle occurs and we get promoted,big changes going on at ewood in the summer,you can kind of smell it,even by venky standards,letting contracts run down is bad business

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers losing doesn't normal spoil anyway but the latest defeat to Peterborough annoyed me all Friday afterwards and Saturday daytime. 

It will be very interesting summer for Rovers including a number of signings and new management team to bring in for the club

Is interesting the right word? Mowbray will probably get a new deal, otherwise we will likely appoint someone not good enough. We will sell our top scorer and lose several starters on frees, and if last summer is anything to go by, Venkys will not give whoever the manager is any of that money to reinvest. 

• Like 1

It's not the fall away and the realization we just aren't strong enough although that would be difficult anyway.  It's the whole nature of it and attitude and as if the manager and co were expecting it anyway.

So they just shrug their shoulders and play out the season trying not to get whalloped every week. That was going back several games ago not just from Saturday.

This is why it is so annoying and tragic because we are good enough to be in that top 6. We just aren't applying ourselves correctly nor being applied in the right way by those in charge of it.

It's piss poor no other words for it.

• Like 5