BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Stoke lost again today at home to Bristol City. Michael O’Neil only has 1 year left on his contract and they haven’t improved.

I reckon Dyche ends up there in the summer.

And we'll lose at home to them on Monday with this clown in charge.

• Like 2

Phew, at least Pardew is unavailable if he has gone to some corrupt East European league. Mowbray simply has to go, but with Venky HQ apparently being in some part of India with no telephones, internet or whatever, it won't be a quick decision. I expect a new manager in about 2 weeks before next season starts.

Stoke lost again today at home to Bristol City. Michael O’Neil only has 1 year left on his contract and they haven’t improved.

I reckon Dyche ends up there in the summer. No prem club will take him so it’ll be a club he thinks he can get up and then who will give it a better go at moving to the next level than burnley allowed.

Haven't Stoke Owners recently backed Michael O'Neill for next season? 

Would anyone take Michael O'Neill here as Mowbray's replacement? 

I think Michael O'Neill did a great job with Northern Ireland and I have surprised that he has not got Stoke into the top 6 so far given their squad there

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't Stoke Owners recently backed Michael O'Neill for next season? 

Would anyone take Michael O'Neill here as Mowbray's replacement? 

I think Michael O'Neill did a great job with Northern Ireland and I have surprised that he has not got Stoke into the top 6 so far given their squad there

Totally different scenario managing a league club, though.

Look what happened to Chris Coleman at club level.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Absolutely mental. He's a borderline miracle worker. He is exactly what we need.

I reckon he'd come here if the offer was right but our owners wouldn't get anywhere near that offer.

Well if your opinion is that Dyche is a realistic candidate to replace Mowbray but I think I have been very clear why I wouldn't want him here and that I think he is unrealistic choice. 

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Pretty sure Wharton was on the cusp of being loaned out again but ended up staying because of injuries. Wasn't he also out of contract as well at that point?

no idea

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Would prefer him to Mowbray, but there are many others I’d prefer.

Ainsworth would be great. I would be very happy with that appointment.

I don't see alot of candidates out there I want here. If in fact my list of people I don't want here is longer tbh

Someone like Dyche wasn’t seriously available then though. 

the Coates family are very loyal people. Who said Dyche is even ready to return to management right now or in then summer. Plenty of people are guessing as per usual

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Would prefer him to Mowbray, but there are many others I’d prefer.

Ainsworth would be great. I would be very happy with that appointment.

He's been getting some flak recently for being direct. While I'd prefer someone with experience of Championship promotion I'd swap him for Mowbray in a heartbeat.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/20073208.gareth-ainsworth-criticises-lazy-analysis-wycombes-tactics/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PeteJD13 said:

looking at the certain agency we seem to prefer using, we can pick from managerial luminaries like Paul Jewell and Mickey Mellon

maybe we won't that certain agency again given the people posted we spoke 4 managers last summer about taking over and I believe none are with that agency. We will see in the summer who we appoint

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

maybe we won't that certain agency again given the people posted we spoke 4 managers last summer about taking over and I believe none are with that agency. We will see in the summer who we appoint

Which managers did we supposedly speak to? Did it even happen as Mowbray never left?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would hope you are right Chris but i won't hold my breath until something happens

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

My choices would be..

1.  Mark Robins

2.  Valaraen Ismail 

3.  Daniel Fakha

I think its a big 3yr job now 

Are we currently a more attractive club than Coventry? I don’t think so, it would be a bit of a sideways move for Robins. Ismael has recently took over at Besiktas and Daniel Farke I’m not sure would want to come here. 

39 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Which managers did we supposedly speak to? Did it even happen as Mowbray never left?

From what was posted on here it appears we spoken to Alex Neil, Nathan Jones, Tony Pulis and Chris Wilder. Maybe the people wh posted that info could confirm that is the right 4 names

34 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I would hope you are right Chris but i won't hold my breath until something happens

I have switch my focus and thinking who we could appoint to replace Mowbray in the summer. 

There is plenty of good realistic candidates out there who could get challenging next season for promotion

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

the Coates family are very loyal people. Who said Dyche is even ready to return to management right now or in then summer. Plenty of people are guessing as per usual

Chaddy, I’m clearly guessing. It’s a message board.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would Mark Robins be any better than Mowbray has achieve this season? 

His attitude would be and I’d be happy to go all the way to Peterborough and even lose knowing all was done to win the game and every one cares and he referred to his team , the fans and the club as we.

That alone would make him a better option . In fact anyone who walked through the door and said they were interested in the job they are paid handsomely to do  would be . 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From what was posted on here it appears we spoken to Alex Neil, Nathan Jones, Tony Pulis and Chris Wilder. Maybe the people wh posted that info could confirm that is the right 4 names

I have switch my focus and thinking who we could appoint to replace Mowbray in the summer. 

There is plenty of good realistic candidates out there who could get challenging next season for promotion

Go on then?