BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It cant be a situation whereby simply anyone where Mowbray will do, as much as he has to go. A win in the last 2 would be (I think this is right) the most wins in a Championship during the terrible Venkys area so he does understand how to win and cant be that unambitious. We need an improvement to take us forward, however those chances are about in line with our chances of somehow making the play offs under these terrible owners sadly.

He may have been the best so far under Venkys but that's like picking the peanuts out of a turd.

The fact he's scoffed at any aspirations of promotion or doing anything other than finish mid table shows that he has absolutely nothing about him. No ambition, no drive and no desire. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

He may have been the best so far under Venkys but that's like picking the peanuts out of a turd.

The fact he's scoffed at any aspirations of promotion or doing anything other than finish mid table shows that he has absolutely nothing about him. No ambition, no drive and no desire. 

Plus in my opinion he isn’t even the best under the Venkys reign of terror. Bowyer took over in the season of 5 managers and finished 19th ish. He inherited far more of a mess from Kean et al than Moggadon inherited from Coyle. The following season under Bowyer we finished 8th then 9th. Until Moggadon can at least match that lofty league finish he’s not been as good as Bowyer who also never made a fraction of ridiculous comments that Moggadon has made over the years. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

Gary Bower - Very cheap + available

Paul Lambert - Cheap + Available

Owen Coyle - Very Cheap + Available + desperate 

Tony Mowbray - Very Cheap + Available

Next manager = Very Cheap + Available, 3yrs treading water in Championship if we’re lucky, then let go. 

Venkys Out - You’re not fit to be associated with this town, it’s supporters or this once great football club.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray needs to go. His time here is done. 

Wouldn't shock me if he wanted to go into becoming a manager this summer somewhere 

How does Mowbray know anything about next season budget if he hasn't spoken to the owners and board about it? 

Yee

Is this a hint? 

Grayson would be a dreadful appointment. Genuinely would stick with Mowbray.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It cant be a situation whereby simply anyone where Mowbray will do, as much as he has to go. A win in the last 2 would be (I think this is right) the most wins in a Championship during the terrible Venkys area so he does understand how to win and cant be that unambitious. We need an improvement to take us forward, however those chances are about in line with our chances of somehow making the play offs under these terrible owners sadly.

Trouble is we end up midway through next season probably saying we really need change, any change.  He's been here that long now that to expect anything different is pointless.

Who knows though with these lot if it isn't just a financial decision rather than a football one, some ear whisperer saying he can provide someone on half the wages. 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If it was a straight choice, Grayson or Mowbray, who would you pick out of interest? One word answer.

Its a more complex and complicate question than just one word answer

Mowbray needs to move on now. He has done very well here but not able to take us to the promotion that we all want. So time we move on and say thanks for all your hard work and effort. 

Grayson has had 3 poor spells since his Sunderland days there. Wouldn't be my choice but listening to him during the PNE game its came across that he would be interesting in replacing Mowbray. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a more complex and complicate question than just one word answer

Mowbray needs to move on now. He has done very well here but not able to take us to the promotion that we all want. So time we move on and say thanks for all your hard work and effort. 

Grayson has had 3 poor spells since his Sunderland days there. Wouldn't be my choice but listening to him during the PNE game its came across that he would be interesting in replacing Mowbray. 

He’s out of work. What do you expect ? He’ll go anywhere that will give him a job.

Has Wilcox not shown any interest in getting into first team management? Or maybe even suited more to directororial role in place of Maggot🤷‍♂️

And no I'm not simply saying that JUST because of the rovers link! His work behind the scenes at Man city over the last 10 years shows how more than capable he can 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

21 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Grayson's win rate in the last five years is 28.3%. He's not good enough to manage this football club. I'd honestly rather keep Mowbray than let him go for Grayson.

I agree but I can't stand Mowbray I would even take bowyer back over him

I know his managerial stats dont look good in recent years, but.... I get the feeling that at the right club Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink could still have the potential to become a very good manager (though Admittedly i do let my sentimentality of being a big fan of him as a player sway me a little😄

I also think if you read some of his interviews he does sound like the type of manager the venks seem to like, with his emphasis being on playing 'attractive attacking' football and bringing youngsters through

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

I've said it before but Liam Manning at MK is having a very impressive season. Looks like they might miss out on automatic by a whisker but finishing above Sunderland and Sheff Wed impressive.

Also plays nice football for those who require that when employing a manager.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I've said it before but Liam Manning at MK is having a very impressive season. Looks like they might miss out on automatic by a whisker but finishing above Sunderland and Sheff Wed impressive.

Also plays nice football for those who require that when employing a manager.

and Ainsworth has got Wycombe in the Play Offs, again. No mean feat.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Where is all the Grayson talk coming from? is it because he was in the studio for our match the other night? Jesus I would rather keep Mowbray! 😂 

I think it’s borne out of the history of Venkys appointments, eg Mowbray!

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

The Championship manager of the year has gone to a bloke at a similar age to Ainsworth. There's currently a manager in the Premier League 25 years older than him. I don't think age means a great deal when it comes to managers. They can span across a good 30 or 40 years, and I don't think their age determines how good or bad they are. Both young and old managers have (and will continue to be) successful. Ainsworth is barely at middle-age for a manager.

Agreed. Wilder was no spring chicken when he took over at Sheff U.

• Like 1

Venkys have absolutely no clue or care about the club, it is disgraceful they get to pick the next manager. Which they obviously will as owners, pending on whatever foolishness is whispered in their ears.

How do we get out of this nightmare.

• Like 3