BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

One to keep an eye on is David Lowe's contract. I'm sure I remember it being extended not long ago?

Unlikely they will pay him off and will want him to be part of the next setup which will immediately cut the options available.

Want rid of him tbh... when I listen to his coaching it looks and sounds amateur, lot's of "fluff" speak. Watching half time warm ups compared to other teams there is no comparison. Few lads kicking a ball about, other clubs have subs doing drills etc... Get rid. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Rovers management team want a Liam Manning or Gareth Ainsworth we are going to have to wait until their teams have finish their playoffs and that could be nearly the end of May before we can appoint them. 

For me, Rovers need to make an appointment in the next 2 weeks to allow that new manager/head coach to bring in his own staff which sounds like new number 2 plus other staff members, head of recruitment, New head of medical services, etc. Starting recruiting new players and finalising pre season plans. 

My choice would be Daniel Farke. Other names I would look is Carlos Carvalhal, David Wagner and Paul Warne.

If you a young up and coming manager then Someone like Rob Edwards, Liam Manning or Mark Bonner

The next decision of who replaces Mowbray is crucial and need to be done quick 

I don’t disagree with your sentiments here Chaddy, unfortunately I think we will be lucky to have a new manager in by the end of June.

• Like 4

We won’t have a manager in before pre season starts. We all know that.

One should be lined up for next week and let him have a last ditch attempt to keep Lenihan. There’s willingness to sign there, but who would when you don’t know the manager? 

16 minutes ago, Neal said:

Get Liam Manning and bring Scott Twine with him. 

twine looks a proper player,he won`t be at mk dons for much longer

quite a few horror names on the betting list,joey barton😆lee johnson😪jonathon woodgate😒

would love to see ainsworth get the job,like his outlook and enthusiasm,mcinnes would`nt be a bad shout,did a good job at aberdeen,despite having zero noney to spend,cannot see appleton coming back here,especially with the same owners

Expect to get completely shot down for this, but I'd be open minded about Appleton in the unlikely event that either i) we'd want him and ii) he'd come back.

I've not forgotten how poor some of those games were - the Millwall replay was an unbelievable low point - but to be fair to him the club was absolutely rancid at that point. We needed the summer clear out before we saw some improvement, which he wasn't allowed to oversee.  Not saying he'd be at the top of my list by any means, but I wouldn't judge him overly on his last spell at Ewood.

I'm really undecided about Ainsworth. On the one hand, getting Wycombe promoted twice, almost staying up in the Championship and getting them in the play offs again with a club that size ha been a minor miracle. He obviously has something about him. Having said that, being a manager of a club like that in L1 & L2 is a world away from competing towards the top of our league. Probably the best of the names at the top of the bookies list anyway. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Expect to get completely shot down for this, but I'd be open minded about Appleton in the unlikely event that either i) we'd want him and ii) he'd come back.

I've not forgotten how poor some of those games were - the Millwall replay was an unbelievable low point - but to be fair to him the club was absolutely rancid at that point. We needed the summer clear out before we saw some improvement, which he wasn't allowed to oversee.  Not saying he'd be at the top of my list by any means, but I wouldn't judge him overly on his last spell at Ewood.

I'm really undecided about Ainsworth. On the one hand, getting Wycombe promoted twice, almost staying up in the Championship and getting them in the play offs again with a club that size ha been a minor miracle. He obviously has something about him. Having said that, being a manager of a club like that in L1 & L2 is a world away from competing towards the top of our league. Probably the best of the names at the top of the bookies list anyway. 

sometimes you`ve got to just take a gamble,id`e like ainsworth here because he`s 100% opposite to mowbray,in personality and football ethos,after 5 seasons of stilted football,negativity and **** tactics it would be very welcome for me to see attacking football with a manager who is on the touchline directing his troops,i despaired at mowbray when he used to sit down and basically fall asleep

• Like 4

Ainsworth would be my choice. There is NO WAY a proper Premier League-in-waiting manager like Farke or Dyche would lower themselves to Venkys (note I said Venkys not Blackburn Rovers). I believe that we remain a draw in name even if the owners then cause a change of heart. They will wait for the next time Fulham or Bournemouth sack their guy.

All I ask is passion on the pitch and on the touchline. A desire to do better in the future no matter how good the present. There's a reason Bolton fans are happier than us even though their team is a league below and of vastly inferior quality. Bradford fans love their team even if they rattle around L2. Mowbray could not instill a desire to succeed but Ainsworth would, even if he is himself also limited and history would be the main reason behind getting him in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t disagree with your sentiments here Chaddy, unfortunately I think we will be lucky to have a new manager in by the end of June.

The players will be back before the end of June. Given that the season starts on 29th July and you would want 5 weeks pre season normally. 

We need to make an appointment in the next 2 to 3 weeks and no lately given the numbers of situations within the club that needs to be sorted. 

45 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I take your points, but what other Championship club would even consider a manager deemed not good enough by a club at the bottom end of League One?
We are the only ones who go fishing in that pool.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, andyroversmad said:

It's always the same list of shite names.

Is there anyone at the club who can find an up and coming manager from mainland Europe who has got their own style of play with connections to foreign based players.

Brexit’s stymied that line of thought.

4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Carvalhal for me too, although Carrick may not be a bad shout either

He'd be the best player in training by a country mile. 

I'm not sure 3 games as caretaker manager of Manchester United is enough of a CV though.

4 hours ago, matt83 said:

It’s slim pickins. But back 2017 Mowbray was the slimmest of slim pickins. Absolutely no one I knew was happy with that appointment at the time other than delight Coyle was gone.

Yesterday we were trying to think of who would be the equivalent appointment today as Mowbray was in 2017. Thought of Ian Holloway. One good effort 10 years ago. Disastrous recent spells and not worked for about 2 years.

That's a cracking shout. He's a media darling like Mowbray too. 

Off to put my mortgage on Holloway.

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I wouldn't want him back, personally. I understand the view that he didn't get much of a chance when he was here, but we really need to be aiming higher now.

I don't think he'd want to come back anyway as these owners handled his departure disgracefully too, just as they are doing with Mowbray. If I remember rightly, Appleton said that a note was left on his desk telling him to collect his P45. Sums up the absolute cowards that the owners are.