BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

25 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

My guess is that they extended the early bird by just one week, as they expected have a manager in place by now.

I think they just forgot there were a couple of bank holidays at the end of last week so the shop would have been closed for anyone wanting to do it in person or on the phone.

41 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think they just forgot there were a couple of bank holidays at the end of last week so the shop would have been closed for anyone wanting to do it in person or on the phone.

You could be right. It's yet more incompetence. 

The ticket office is closed tomorrow - per yesterday's email - for anyone intending to renew in person. 

Beggars belief.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

You could be right. It's yet more incompetence. 

The ticket office is closed tomorrow - per yesterday's email - for anyone intending to renew in person. 

Beggars belief.

Absolute sheer incompetence. Honestly it makes you wonder if following this club is worth it. 

You couldn't make it up - they announce a deadline day and then say they are closed on that day.I

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Absolute sheer incompetence. Honestly it makes you wonder if following this club is worth it. 

You couldn't make it up - they announce a deadline day and then say they are closed on that day.I

Apparently the ticket office is open on Saturday - I rang on Thursday afternoon in a panic after receiving the e-mail and the lady I spoke to confirmed there was a mistake (!) in the e-mail.....!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray-Von said:

Apparently the ticket office is open on Saturday - I rang on Thursday afternoon in a panic after receiving the e-mail and the lady I spoke to confirmed there was a mistake (!) in the e-mail.....!

Thanks mate. Again it beggars belief that nobody has corrected this error.

I have just seen that Stanley have sold over a thousand season tickets. Two things. 

A. I wonder how this stacks up against ours?

B. I wonder how many of these are former Rovers season ticket holders pissed off with the pantomime we have become?

Answers to swaggott@rovers.co.uk

• Like 2

Just had my text message telling me the deadline is tomorrow and not to miss out on the deadline. Presumably then there is no way the deadline will be extended. Such a shame so many won't be taking one up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Just been and renewed for my Dad, my son and myself. Didn't dare leave it until tomorrow in case I forgot. Club shop practically deserted.

Onwards and upwards....

Got mine today as well, here's hoping for a good manager

• Like 1

I'm not renewing before the deadline. I'm in no rush. I'll happily pay the extra if I see evidence of a Club that backs up words with actions.

You might get away with silly beggars stuff when charging low end prices but if you want to charge top end prices I expect to see top end action and product.

If not then I might not bother. My two mates definitely aren't doing so I'll be on my todd if I do unless I relocate which I'm not particularly keen on doing.

• Like 6

I, am not going to get a season ticket until the fixtures are out. I will then make a decission, based on the amount of games that I will not be able to attend. Now that Mowbray has gone I am not really bothered who the manager is. 

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have just seen that Stanley have sold over a thousand season tickets. Two things. 

A. I wonder how this stacks up against ours?

B. I wonder how many of these are former Rovers season ticket holders pissed off with the pantomime we have become?

Answers to swaggott@rovers.co.uk

Answer to B easily into 3 figures , I suspect ...

• Like 1

• Backroom

I know other clubs do it but what’s the actual justification for the Waggott Tax additional £30?

Is it purely a ‘not loyal enough’ punishment?

I’ve had a season ticket for decades but haven’t renewed as yet. I have a number of friends and family who are in the same boat. We all know that the club has tested the patience of its  supporters this past 12 years but this feels like a watershed moment to me. There are fans that I never dreamed would give up on it all that are on the verge of doing so.

How  have we ended up with a CEO with so little  business acumen or feel for Blackburn Rovers? ( walking through the lounges on your way to the car park saying “ thank you for your support “ is not enough! Jack Walker would have seen through this chancer in two minutes.)

The ludicrous season ticket pricing, marketing and farcical manager search will, I suspect, have lost 1,000s of fans.

I wouldn’t be surprised if PNE, Burnley, Blackpool and Bolton Wanderers have all sold twice as many tickets as Rovers.

There’s no accountability at this football club. 

Edited by Wiggy
  • Like 8

Just now, Tom said:

I know other clubs do it but what’s the actual justification for the Waggott Tax additional £30?

Is it purely a ‘not loyal enough’ punishment?

Someone left him in a meeting room at Ewood unattended and he ended up breaking the water machine, de-calibrating the wipe board and increasing STs by £30 for no reason. 

• Backroom

Interesting that the loyalty window was 51 days, less than 2 pay packets 

Meanwhile Mowbray confirmed he was leaving around the same time and still no manager in place….

8 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I’ve had a season ticket for decades but haven’t renewed as yet. I have a number of friends and family who are in the same boat. We all know that the club has tested the patience of its  supporters this past 12 years but this feels like a watershed moment to me. There are fans that I never dreamed would give up on it all that are on the verge of doing so.

How  have we ended up with a CEO with so little  business acumen or feel for Blackburn Rovers? ( walking through the lounges on your way to the car park saying “ thank you for your support “ is not enough! Jack Walker would have seen through this chancer in two minutes.)

The ludicrous season ticket pricing, marketing and farcical manager search will, I suspect, have lost 1,000s of fans.

I wouldn’t be surprised if PNE, Burnley, Blackpool and Bolton Wanderers have all sold twice as many tickets as Rovers.

There’s no accountability at this football club. 

Succinct and to the point. Rovers are driving long standing, loyal supporters away with the amateur way in which they are run. I am renewing today more out of loyalty to my brothers than loyalty to Rovers.

• Like 2

It’s just the totally self defeating nature of an arbitrary seat and price deadline in the middle of the month I can’t get my head around.

You are bouncing people unnecessarily into making a decision today when the odds are not stacked in the club’s favour. Delay it until the end of June, a decent manager lands next week (I know, I know!) and you’ll certainly get some waverers signing up. Those that refuse to be bounced today, probably now won’t sign up at all as they’ll refuse to pay a premium on the same seat that is already ridiculously priced.

The destruction of the ST base since 2012 couldn’t have been orchestrated better by a Dingle sleeper cell as CEO, never mind a collection of folk paid handsomely to supposedly work in the *best* interests of the club.

• Like 6

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s just the totally self defeating nature of an arbitrary seat and price deadline in the middle of the month I can’t get my head around.

You are bouncing people unnecessarily into making a decision today when the odds are not stacked in the club’s favour. Delay it until the end of June, a decent manager lands next week (I know, I know!) and you’ll certainly get some waverers signing up. Those that refuse to be bounced today, probably now won’t sign up at all as they’ll refuse to pay a premium on the same seat that is already ridiculously priced.

The destruction of the ST base since 2012 couldn’t have been orchestrated better by a Dingle sleeper cell as CEO, never mind a collection of folk paid handsomely to supposedly work in the *best* interests of the club.

It’s ridiculously short sighted, in our case 3 season tickets across 3 generations likely now not renewed, the seats we had are plum seats so will get snapped up but ultimately it’s more people lost who may get out of the habit and who knows when will return